Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 7:00 AM
Default The stupid things sims do
This should be a fun thread, so let's talk about the stupid things our sims have done.

one of my female sims went swimming in the middle of a snow storm.

Three of my sims tried to use the same bathroom all at once even though there were two other bathrooms in the house.

After the firefighter came and extinguished the flames one of my sims took out the burning food and then got more and put it in the oven only to have another fire.

This happens often but sometimes my sims will sit down to play poker even if they are starving or in desperate need of showering or using the toilet.

so what stupid things have your sims done?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 7:16 AM
Getting low on fun, and red in energy, Going to bed, then getting up a little later to complain about their fun motive, not being able to go back to sleep, then when its time for work getting freakin' tired again!

Like, 'Hey, Im going to make out with my best friend, (Who was actually gay!) In front of my husband.' Hey, now im going to grab the baby for no apparent reason, and stick her out into the snow storm and leave her there, refusing to go outside due to my bad mood, for days.

'Hey im going to sword fight with the mail man (mod) Kill him, and not recieve the bills I so desperately needed, and have the repo man take my car.'

So many stupid things, so little time. New policy: They frustrate me, they die. I am not a merciful god, and my simself has a rifle ^.^

No free will for the sims for a while, I think.

www.sweetiesims.webs.com
Is looking for moderaters!
We are in the budding stage but still have some truely unique content. Please take 2 seconds to check it out.

JOIN THE NEWEST REBELIATION AGAINST SIMS 3! SIMS 2 WILL TRUELY ALWAYS BE BETTER!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 11:04 AM
lmao I know exactly how that is. my sims will wake up and complain as well. thats about the time I use the make all happy cheat.

some of my sims also stop whatever it is they are doing just to watch dogs fight. that gets on my nerves too especially when one of their needs is low and I'm trying to take care of it.
Instructor
#4 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 11:56 AM
One of my Sims died while cooking. Only ashes were left. And when the Grim Reaper comes, the father-in-law of the burned Sim cleaned the floor and trying to put her ashes in the bin >.<
Mad Poster
#5 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 1:30 PM
Well, what else are they going to do with the ashes?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#6 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 1:33 PM
but wouldnt throwing the ashes of a dead sim cause problems?
Test Subject
#7 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 2:01 PM
My sims always decide that playing poker is more important than going to the bathroom or watching the stove... I've had soooo many fires because my simmies were cooking in the kitchen, then they all of a sudden decide that it's a great idea to play poker :/

(()) Pass this ribbon around if you have or know someone with an illness and together, WE CAN CONQUER IT!!!
//\\
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 2:44 PM
There have been many times when they pee just right by the toilet.

Or even worse: Going to bed, waking up, complaining about how tired they are, repeat

That was not helpful, funny, or love!
Mad Poster
#9 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 4:37 PM
No; because the urn/tombstone generate automatically. The important bits of the sim are attached to the urn or tombstone, not to the ashes. It is possible (but I've seen no warnings about it) that if one sim is cleaning up the ashes another sim won't be able to Plead with the Reaper; but AFAIK (I haven't had many sims die on me) as long as the body remains visible the chance to Plead exists, and if there's really nothing but ashes left it's too late anyway.

I'm going to say this once and then shut up, because it's not for me to spoil everybody's gripefest fun; but most of the "stupid" things sims do are really down to the player not accepting and dealing with the fact that sims are programs, not people. Their programming is wonderfully complex, but - unlike us - they do have a limited range of behaviors available to them; and they were programmed to need us. If we fall down on the job, let their motives get too far down without having trained them beforehand to behave in a survivable way, they're going to behave randomly and they will probably not be able to help themselves. If we let their aspirations and needs get low enough that they become recalcitrant, that's our fault, not their's.

The "complain when needs reach X level" feature is programmed into them so we will realize there's a problem and have information on what it is; even if they already have a need-filling action queued up, their programming won't let them omit it. Don't want to see it? Pay better attention to their need bars! They're programmed as tabula rasa, so a sim with no childrearing experience will not know how to take care of them properly. They're programmed to not let babies starve and to be attracted to them, but not to recognize when someone else is already on the job; so of course if you have a lot of elders, adults, and teens in the house, the baby will be counterproductively mobbed. They're programmed with certain routing conventions and have no option but to follow them - if you don't lay your house out with that in mind, they can't help going all around Robin Hood's barn to do things.

None of these things is that hard to deal with, once you recognize them. Don't fill your household past the point that you can take care of them at a level you're comfortable with, don't expect them to look at the world the way you do, and learn to tell the difference between their programming and the characterization and motivation you're projecting on them; and it's not that hard.

You'll even find some stupid behaviors endearing. Not long ago I was running a house with twin toddlers, a child, a new teen, and two parents, one of whom had gotten sick. I had sent the teen and the child to the park as soon as the child got home, to get the fun up, and then sent them to bed because their energy was red-orange. The child went to bed as directed, but the teen was intercepted by a toddler. Not even the toddler she was friends with, and this teen is a grouch - but she picked her little sister up and played with her and loved on her anyway, although she was flatlining that energy and her aspirations were low. Which was really stupid of her, because Josephine was fine and the parents were both available, and the consequences to her could be dire. But instead of getting mad about it, I was all "Aaaw, what a good big sister! Now put her down and take your nap, sweetie."

It's one thing to take our frustration out on little imaginary people; quite another to blame our frustrations on them! If they frustrate you, learn to play better.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 5:36 PM
Most of the stupid things that happen with my Simmies has to do with the NPC's not the families themselves. My Nannies will come in to do their jobs and spend most of the day either drinking at the bar, or swimming in the pool while the babies or toddlers they are supposed to care for are left to fend for themselves.

Then there are those fitness hobby Sims who show up when my Simmies are swimming, and jump into the pool long enough to give my Sim their membership card to the secret hobby lot, and then get out of the pool and leave the lot. Or the cooking Hobby Sim popping up to give my Sim who is cooking, a membership card causing the Sim's food to burn, because instead of taking care of their food, my Sim has to stop and shake hands with the chef.

Then there's the stupid nanny's who see that the baby needs a diaper change and is getting tired and decide that instead of changing the toddler's diaper before putting them to bed, they decide to put them in the crib, so they can sleep in a filthy diaper. Don't these nannies know about diaper rash?

Then there are those stupid service Sims, (Nanny, or Maid mostly) who rush into the room right after my Simmies have had a bit of fun in bed and decide to make the bed, usually trapping my Simmy who would like to give a little more romantic attention to his or her partner without being interrupted.

Or the many times that my Simmies are in bed trying to get romantic and some guest walks in because they need to admire the paintings or decorations over the bed, and can't wait until my Simmies are done to do so. (I really just think they're trying to get a look at my Simmies in action and just making excuses).
Field Researcher
#11 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 6:36 PM
I could fill a book with the stupid things Nannies do. My main problem with them is that their need to fulfill the hunger want so far outweighs fulfilling any other need. I can't count the number of times I've had a toddler whose energy is very low, on the point of passing out, and the nanny will pick him up, set him in his high chair, feed him mush, and then go to the fridge and set 5 bottles down on the floor as well. Of course, the toddler won't touch the food because he's throwing a fit about being tired. And, mind you, the toddler's hunger is about 7/10 full, still in the green.

Is one parent home from work now and you want to dismiss the crazy old bird? Nope! She wanders aimlessly around the house so much, the dismiss action will fall out of the queue three times as she goes up and down the stairs. Did I mention she always seems to be on the stairs at the least opportune moment?

Nevermind the floor-wetting when there are ample bathrooms around, getting worthless instant meals out of the fridge right before the kids are about to leave for school, and arguing with and annoying her employers. Compared to the Nanny, nothing my Sims do seems that dumb. Though they probably would act that stupid if I gave them half a chance to. : )
Mad Poster
#12 Old 21st Jan 2012 at 8:04 PM
Maybe it's poor programing, but the social worker doesn't come for a toddler with low hygiene and energy. She comes for low hunger. So, yeah, toddler is tired and filthy, but still there when the parents get home and you can do something about the situation instead of just watching.
Or, you know, put in a pet bed or download a toddler blanket or bed so the little guy can put himself to bed and nanny can't get him up.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 2:18 AM
I've found that servos can be just as stupid especially when it comes to cooking. they will keep making entire meals for your sims even if they aren't starving. I've run out of groceries in the fridge many times because servos just cant stop cooking. Servos are more useful than a maid though and do a better job of cleaning.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 10:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by minpinz
I've found that servos can be just as stupid especially when it comes to cooking. they will keep making entire meals for your sims even if they aren't starving. I've run out of groceries in the fridge many times because servos just cant stop cooking. Servos are more useful than a maid though and do a better job of cleaning.

My servo was obsessed with the microphone. Couldn't get him off the damn thing unless I powered him down when I was done with him.

...but yes, apart from that he was a very good maid!
Mad Poster
#15 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 3:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
Maybe it's poor programing, but the social worker doesn't come for a toddler with low hygiene and energy. She comes for low hunger. So, yeah, toddler is tired and filthy, but still there when the parents get home and you can do something about the situation instead of just watching.
Or, you know, put in a pet bed or download a toddler blanket or bed so the little guy can put himself to bed and nanny can't get him up.

Exactly. No one said you had to buy a high chair. After the first time a nanny did that I removed the high chair and never bought one again. She kept giving the kid 2 bottles, but did it on the floor. With a toddler blanket, you can direct the toddler to go to sleep and she can't bug them.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 5:34 PM
Right. No one said I had to buy a high chair, but I like to use the high chair. It's easier for me to have the parents take the child out of the crib and into the high chair because the high chair is generally closer to the fridge than the crib is. It saves two trips to the crib or wherever the toddler wandered off to in the meantime after you set him on the floor. If the toddler is already on the floor, I'll just get him a bottle.

I apologize for complaining about the nanny, clearly I was very wrong and my frustrations were self-inflicted.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 5:39 PM
No, dear, everybody agrees that the nannies are generally subpar and the stupidest sims around. Except perhaps the butler. Giving you advice on how to avoid an annoyance is not the same as telling you the annoyance is invalid.

Field Researcher
#18 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 7:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
No, dear, everybody agrees that the nannies are generally subpar and the stupidest sims around. Except perhaps the butler.

Ugh don't get me started on him!

Lab Assistant
#19 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 10:21 PM
Stupid and annoying...how many sims I have had die while cooking, because they would rather 'smustle' than watch the stove... DONT dance and FRY....

My new simming blog: Woodville
Field Researcher
#20 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 10:32 PM
Sure they are programs, but the programming can be fairly opaque. What are we supposed to do, blame a coder?

Penny, ask you husband for your discs back. Tell him you need to play again in order to avoid more lecturing.
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 22nd Jan 2012 at 11:44 PM
They glitch. My Sim put her baby in the CC crib and both the baby and the mom got stuck in the crib. Strange, huh?

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop? The world may never (falling anvil drops on head)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 4:59 AM
or when the parents change the diapers on the grill and end up roasting their babies. Not sure if that's a glitch or a mod haha. if you haven't seen it yet look it up on youtube. "sims 2 BBQ baby"
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 6:16 AM
^ that is a mod, called the "omgwtfbbq". They can eat the baby too

Well not too long ago I made a family and left them completely on free will, and they started about 5 fires in the first day. They would all try to cook tv dinners at the same time in their one tiny kitchen, and they'd all crowd around the fire and sometimes block the firefighter from getting to it.

And if I ever leave sims on free will when they have a baby, every inch of the floor will become filled with bottles, because they almost never throw them away even when their "environment" need is red, and of course they have to feed the baby 50 times in a row. Maybe they'll throw one away, and then take the trash out and forget about the rest of them. Not just the kitchen but sometimes the flood of bottles spreads to other rooms or outside if I leave them alone long enough. And sometimes they leave a bottle in front of the fridge which blocks them from opening the fridge...
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 7:25 AM Last edited by Nevermore Raven : 23rd Jan 2012 at 7:46 AM.
For some reason, when my Sim is on a date, and they both want to get married. I let them get married, and once the date is over. The one sim leaves, and puts roses outside of the house, then just stands there. Its odd. And I can't understand why she would just stand there staring at the roses.

Another thing, is I watched the NPCs in College, and I kid you not, I actually had a mass of books piled all over the place. So I made my sim pick it up all up. In 5 minutes all the books were back on the floor -.-"

Oh, yes. I was having a wedding party. No big deal. Well, until some random chick came in, ate some cake then left. o.O

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
Mad Poster
#25 Old 23rd Jan 2012 at 11:04 AM
i caught one of my sims stealing a newspaper that was published days ago :P
Page 1 of 8