Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#176 Old 16th Jun 2016 at 11:20 PM
Complain about not being able to relax on the bed (to Try for a Baby)... when the bed is less than three feet away from them. And for extra stupidity points, they assume the bed is upstairs.
Adults being unable to pick up a toddler if they are beside the stairs.
Adults taking a sleeping toddler out of bed after I told them to put them in the bed two minutes ago because the child was tired just so they can tickle them.
If there was a way to punish Sims for their stupidity without killing them, I would.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#177 Old 16th Jun 2016 at 11:42 PM
Punishing them is even more of a waste of time than punishing human beings for stupidity is. They're not stupid; they're limited by the program's access faces. Learn to understand how that works, and you'll find them much easier to deal with.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#178 Old 17th Jun 2016 at 2:58 AM
The same could be said for humans as well, but then where's the fun in that?
Mad Poster
#179 Old 17th Jun 2016 at 3:38 AM
Where's the fun in punishing people? No profit in it, either. Learn how things work and accommodate yourself to that, you get along fine. Insist that things have to work a certain way and try to force things and people to accommodate you = lifetime of frustration and disappointment.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#180 Old 17th Jun 2016 at 5:40 AM
It bugs me that a sim will often leave a computer after doing a task, so if you want to queue computer actions they keep getting up and down for them.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Mad Poster
#181 Old 17th Jun 2016 at 2:35 PM
Or rather than smoothly transition from one action to the next, they get up, put the newspaper down on the nearest table, pick it back up, and sit down.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#182 Old 17th Jun 2016 at 9:06 PM
Sims do stupid things?
Mad Poster
#183 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 4:05 PM
Of course Sims do stupid things. It's Life Simulation after all. If wouldn't be much like Real Life if they acted sensibly all the time, would it?

My Sims really aren't stupid. They don't do nearly as many stupid things as I do. In fact when I have a difficult decision to make, (at least in my imagination) I ask my Knowledge Sims. I can rely on them to think things though rationally and logically.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#184 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 6:16 PM
And that is the reason for my question - I, too, am quite capable of doing a lot more stupid things than my Sims do!
Mad Poster
#185 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 7:48 PM
At least in Sims 2 you can quit without saving. It is not possible in RL.
Page 8 of 8