Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 4:31 PM Last edited by Kankritty : 14th Mar 2014 at 6:27 PM.
Default What would be your favourite Maxis wall tile?
I'm very attached to the blue and lilac/lavender paint (they're at the back of the paint section of the wall tiles catalogue) that came with Base Game. It suits bedrooms really well, and small offices and also the red and blue IKEA stripes in Paste or Beachy Keen.
I like the various vines and "black is the new black" wallpapers and paints that all came with the IKEA SP.

Then there's good old Sunshine Stucco. I'm glad they resurrected Sunshine Stucco because Amaulaand wouldn't be Amaulaand without the signature Sunshine Stuccoed houses.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 4:34 PM
Wallpapers are my nemesis. I hate patterns, and always think everything looks terrible. I try to venture outside my comfort zone, but it almost always ends up being something very basic in a pastel color. Everything else always ends up looking too dark and claustrophobic.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 4:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
Wallpapers are my nemesis. I hate patterns, and always think everything looks terrible. I try to venture outside my comfort zone, but it almost always ends up being something very basic in a pastel color. Everything else always ends up looking too dark and claustrophobic.

Yes - I've always hated the silly, Victorian age designs that have come over with TS1.
The only things that should've come over is the two Ode To Geometry sets. But they're floor tiles :/

I also have something in pastel colours or blank if I can help it.

Scholar
#4 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 5:38 PM
I like the paneled wood wall coveringg; it makes the house looks fresh
Mad Poster
#5 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 7:33 PM
I rarely actually use it in my lots, but I love the Stack 'Em Up Stone Wall (one of the last stone wallpapers, the yellow/tan/gold one). Lots of the buildings in my hometown make good use of native stone, and this looks almost exactly like those walls do- it's like a little piece of northern AZ in the Sims!

I actually loved the coffin wallpaper from TS1 though, I was sad that it didn't get reincarnated in 2!
Test Subject
#6 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 8:07 PM
I like "dark and claustrophobic", but then again I'm afraid that I can't match it right with the floors and furniture so most of the time I use the pastel ones too. But I'm also addicted to the wood panelling walls, the boho days series, the industrial brick wall, and those "stone over the fireplace" ones, and the stone section in general.
Inventor
#7 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 9:45 PM
For a cottage look I like the Sweet Betsy, the one with lighter coloured wainscoting. For a cheerful room, the Banana Split wallpaper. Usually by the time I've chosen the front door and windows, the theme is set: blue and white calls for white carpets and robins egg blue walls; brown and cream can have wood panelling and perhaps the sandstorm carpet; for a romantic nest - pink everywhere, including the pink version of Geometry.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 5th Mar 2014 at 9:50 PM
I have a weak spot for the vine papers that came with Seasons. They look cute for children's rooms. The panel walls and the horizontal sidings are those I tend to use if I use the ingame walls.
Instructor
#9 Old 6th Mar 2014 at 12:20 AM
I love the teen style wallpapers especially the butterfly ones and the surfy ones.
Theorist
#10 Old 6th Mar 2014 at 2:14 AM
I like the General Cho's (blue with thin white and gold stripes), Banana Split (light and medium yellow stripes), and the dark green one with all the gold-and-white-and-brown (?) arabesques/paisley on it.

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Scholar
#11 Old 6th Mar 2014 at 2:33 AM
Some of my favs are the white/blue/green and light brownish/grey wainscoting ones, in the paint section.

" Inama Nushif "
Test Subject
#12 Old 6th Mar 2014 at 5:32 AM
I love the ones from the Gothic and designer collection the most.
In all my years of playing the game, I've probably only used about a total of no more than 10 wallpapers, lol.
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 6th Mar 2014 at 5:56 PM
I sort of love the Celebration Stuff bowed wallpaper.

Shame about the colours though.

Test Subject
#14 Old 6th Mar 2014 at 6:13 PM
I don't really use wallpapers much to be honest. I think I usually stick with the white paint, as boring as it is
Scholar
Original Poster
#15 Old 12th Mar 2014 at 5:01 PM
I like the Sauna woodwork that came with BV - It fits anything :3

Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 13th Mar 2014 at 9:08 PM
I have a real weakness for CC wallpaper. Of the Maxis stuff, I have a weakness for the stuff that came with Seasons, and the Cats papers from Pets.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 1:47 PM
Ahah! What a funny and random thread...Me happy, as I discovered a wallpaper that I never noticed before, a few weeks ago. Rosey The Wallpaper. For some reason, I like it. I will recolor it though, so the mouldering on it fits the wood tone I normally use. I might as well recolor everything and have more variations.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
Original Poster
#18 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 12:50 PM
Yes some of them have awesome names but they look HIDEOUS!!