Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 6:00 AM
Default Copy UV map across morphs?
Hi, so, I've been messing with new meshes, and I am doing a lot of UV remapping so I can fit more stuff in the texture file. This becomes a huge pain in the butt on meshes with fat and/or pregmorphs, because then I have to do the exact same thing 2-3 times. Is there any way to copy the UV map across morphs so I only have to do it once? Or do you have any clever tips for managing major UV editing across multiple morphs?

Thank you!
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 11:44 AM
If you've made changes to a fairly small number of vertices, you can use Cat's UV data merge plugin to copy UV co-ords on a per-vertex basis.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 7:50 PM
This is why I do all the UV mapping before I make my morphs!

You can use Cat's UV data merge plugin, but be careful when selecting the vertices along the sides. Those ones are actually two vertices in the exact same place (as I'm sure you've noticed if you're familiar with UV maps); one of the two will be mapped to the front and the other to the back. If you try to use the plugin on those vertices, you'll end up with a UV map mess.

Now that you mention it, it would be really handy to have some sort of "copy UV map for morphs" plugin. I'm not sure if that's even possible, though.
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 20th Mar 2014 at 3:24 AM
Might be much easier to recreate the morphs with Cmar's Toolkit.
Just a few clicks
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Mar 2014 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
Might be much easier to recreate the morphs with Cmar's Toolkit.
Just a few clicks

Does it work for Sims 2 meshes though? When I looked at it it seemed like everything was built for Sims 3 meshing.

If there was a plugin (or ANYTHING beyond dragging individual vertices around) for making Sims 2 pregmorphs my life would be complete!
Sockpuppet
#6 Old 25th Mar 2014 at 12:22 PM
Toolkit can do that, dont have time to explain right now...

Remind me if i forget