Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 5:31 PM
Default Change sim child's name?
Does anyone know how to change the name of a child sim? I wasn't really paying attention when he was born and I gave him a girl's name by mistake. lol.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 5:39 PM
In the cheats window:
testingcheatsenabled true

shift + click on the sim (if he's still a burrito you can't do this, only if he's a toddler or older)

"Edit in CAS"

And then you can change his name, gender, whatever. Just don't mess around with his age or species (from what I hear that can get weird.)
Scholar
#3 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 6:00 PM
at city hall
Forum Resident
#4 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 6:03 PM
You can also do it with MasterController.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 7:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jenieusa
at city hall

Just a note, the parent needs to take the child there between 8AM and 6PM if you go that route.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 11:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by glowstarsinajar
Just a note, the parent needs to take the child there between 8AM and 6PM if you go that route.

That's what I was doing wrong! thanks!
Forum Resident
#7 Old 15th Mar 2014 at 9:46 PM
Quote:
glowstarsinajar: Just don't mess around with his age or species (from what I hear that can get weird.)

It does get weird if you mess with the age; you end up with a corrupt, stretched hybrid between the two ages, at least if you try to turn a child into a toddler. However, I aged the toddler back up into a child through CAS and she's worked like a charm so far. I've never tried messing with species. And yes, you can change the name in CAS but it's much quicker to do with MasterController, trust me. (I think MasterController can also optionally update the whole household's last names and the household name if you edit a sim's last name.)

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Field Researcher
#8 Old 15th Mar 2014 at 9:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AmandieLove
And yes, you can change the name in CAS but it's much quicker to do with MasterController, trust me. (I think MasterController can also optionally update the whole household's last names and the household name if you edit a sim's last name.)

I know about MC, but I figured I'd explain the base-game way first since MasterController is kind of big and confusing to navigate at first, and if someone doesn't already have it they probably won't want to install it just for one thing that can be done without any mods at all.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 12:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by glowstarsinajar
In the cheats window:
testingcheatsenabled true

shift + click on the sim (if he's still a burrito you can't do this, only if he's a toddler or older)

"Edit in CAS"

I just wanted to add: Unless you have MasterController. I do, and I edit my town's babies in CAS all the time, usually to change their names.

My TS3 Sims, patterns & recolors

Check out my Simblr! (TS3-focused, sometimes NSFW)
♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Forum Resident
#10 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 6:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chreai
I just wanted to add: Unless you have MasterController. I do, and I edit my town's babies in CAS all the time, usually to change their names.

Basic... Rename is much quicker than Edit in CAS. FYI.
Alchemist
#11 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 2:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KittyCarey
Basic... Rename is much quicker than Edit in CAS. FYI.

That could be one of the ways, but if I were you, I'd avoid using edit in CAS cheat as much as possible.

Just call me Nikel