Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 6:53 AM
Default A good resource for making unique-looking sims
I like going into BodyShop and making Sims with interesting faces. I usually end up using celebrities' pictures as reference, but then it can be a little weird to have a sim walking around my hood with a famous person's face or a famous person's face plus a few tweaks.

I found this website for an unconventional modeling agency that has people with widely varied looks. Now I know where I'll look to when I need inspiration in BodyShop or CAS!
Women: http://www.ugly.org/UGLY-MODELS/index.php/girls.html
Men: http://www.ugly.org/UGLY-MODELS/index.php/men.html
Special, categories include X-Files (extensive modifications), Thugs, Bodies, Bikers, Wee Folks (did you know you can do a permanent StretchSkeleton with SimPe?), and Twins:
http://www.ugly.org/UGLY-MODELS/index.php/specials
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 4:49 PM
I can't believe there is a model agency for "ugly" models. Who would sign up for that?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 6:09 PM
Everyone who isn't conventionally beautiful, obviously.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 7:17 PM
It's a stonking misnomer.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
#5 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 7:43 PM
A misnomer indeed.
I think the concept isn't bad, just the way the advertise it and have the name as "Ugly"
If you're not considered "good enough" to be a model, you're not ugly. What even is ugly? I looked on the first page of women and the fact that they would ever apply for a modeling agency called Ugly is sad. They are not in my opinion even close to ugly, I actually think some of them are really pretty. I like the idea of having a variety of models though, for height, shape, everything. That's inspiring (to a certain extent). The name just turns me off.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 8:35 PM
Most of the models look normal, and the "ugly" name is completely uncalled for. It makes me sad that the company would label normal people that way. I agree with you, OP, that this is a good resource for modeling new Sims because it has a wide variety of normal faces.

Apart from the "ugly" thing, it really ticks me off that the main categories are Men and Girls...
Mad Poster
#7 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 10:32 PM
That's all kinds of creepy right there.
Undead Molten Llama
#8 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 11:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Avis
Apart from the "ugly" thing, it really ticks me off that the main categories are Men and Girls...

Pfft. It's probably because in the modeling industry, at least for high-fashion, when you hit 25, you're considered "mature" and then you don't get the "good" gigs anymore. Then you're off to doing JC Penney catalogs and chain store ads and stuff like that. The so-called "supermodels" can push it longer than that, some even into their 40s, But the "average" model? No. I did some modeling when I was much younger and needed school money, and I remember being classified as an "older girl" when I was 22. So yeah, female models ARE primarily "girls" and they are, indeed, generally called girls no matter how old they are. The same standard, of course, does not apply to men. Not saying it's right, but that's how it is in our youth-obsessed culture.

As for this site, I certainly wouldn't call any of them ugly. Some I would call "odd," maybe, or "unique," but not ugly. Mostly, they look like self-confident normal people which, indeed, would make the site a good reference for creating normal-people Sims.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 24th Mar 2014 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
Everyone who isn't conventionally beautiful, obviously.

But .... but ... that doesn't mean you're ugly. I don't think the models on that page are ugly at all. They're not cookie-cutter beautiful, I admit. But they definitely aren't ugly.

Perhaps I'm missing something.

A great resource that can inspire you is here:

http://www.generatorland.com/usergenerator.aspx?id=6355

I find that my mind conjures up certain Sims when I read the description, and I like that the profile is really random.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.