Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Mar 2014 at 3:27 AM
Default Quick question about deleting thumbnails
Hello!

I would like to delete my Buy Mode thumbnails, but I'm not sure which ones they are. I have some default replacements of the Colonial shower/bath which are not showing up correctly.

I have the choice of:
BuildModeThumbnails=Don't think it's these
CANHObjectsThumbnails=?
CASThumbnails=I know it's not these
DesignModeThumbnails=?
ObjectThumbnails=?

I don't want to delete them all, as it takes ages to regenerate when I delete thumbnails. So I don't want to get the wrong one.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 29th Mar 2014 at 3:59 AM
I think its ObjectThumbnails but I'm not 100% sure.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 29th Mar 2014 at 4:02 AM
Can you safely delete all of them? Outdated thumbnails are starting to annoy me with my clothing.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 29th Mar 2014 at 4:38 AM
Yes. Thumbnails regenerate. You should be prepared for a fair amount of lag every time you open a catalog, CAS, etc., but otherwise deleting wholesale isn't a problem.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Theorist
#5 Old 29th Mar 2014 at 12:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dizzy-noodles
I would like to delete my Buy Mode thumbnails, but I'm not sure which ones they are.
BuildModeThumbnails = build mode. Wallpapers, floor tiles, etc.
CANHObjectsThumbnails = "create a neighborhood"; all of the objects from "decorations" tab in the neighborhood view.
CASThumbnails = "create a Sim"; only the in-game CAS. Bodyshop thumbnails are stored in the cigen.package file in the root of The Sims 2 folder, I believe.
ObjectThumbnails = buy mode objects, including some build mode objects (doors, windows etc.).
DesignModeThumbnails = recolors of a single object.

I believe that when you delete the entire Thumbnails folder, the game will copy the stock thumbnails to your user folder. Therefore, you'll only have to wait for your CC thumbs to regenerate, instead of all of the game items as well. By deleting only the files in the Thumbnails folder (but leaving the empty folder), the game is forced to recreate thumbnails for everything from stratch.
(It could by my wild imagination, though. But it's the way the game acts with SC4 Terrains, Storytelling and other folders, so it might be true.)
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 29th Mar 2014 at 3:20 PM
You can regenerate individual thumbnails by Ctrl+Right Clicking on them. This is very useful if you have downloaded a default replacement or something and you only want to regenerate that one thumbnail, instead of every single thing in your game.
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Mar 2014 at 10:31 AM
Thanks everyone, that's really helpful. I'll try today