Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#226 Old 28th Jan 2008 at 1:33 AM
Default Lijlina Stambolovic
[[If this is a bit too weird, I’ll change it.]]

She nodded approvingly at Ebony, kicking the base of the washing machine to bring Dominic to awareness. “One two lift.” Her fingers gripped onto the thick frame that encircled the rim of the machine. The weight was scarcely bearable, the pain almost as if it was pulling her arms out of their sockets. “F*ck Dom, give us some help.” The load increased as the four of them slowing hauled it up the stairs, one by one. On the third cement stair from the top, a faint eerie grating sound joined in their heavy breathing. Immediately she eyed the wooden door above them. The scratching began to amplify, her heart thudding louder and louder. “It’s them,” she whispered in a barely audible tone, trying to get the words out. Silence fell over them, only the whistle of the wind finding their ears. “Wait.”

Releasing her hands from their grasp, she swiftly slid over the railing, dropping her body onto the basement floor. In one motion, she seized two knives, keeping one between her teeth whilst she resumed her position holding up the washing machine. With on hand free, she offered it to either of the three. Both her hands trembled with anticipation, preparing herself to possibly face an unknown number of black eyed beasts. Lijlina's fear lay in history of the creatures. If it was possible for them to control themselves or to heal the infection, then to kill one was murder. Murder an innocent man or woman with the right to live.

[[I’m awfully sorry ‘bout not replying for a while. I’ve had a few parties and barbeques on since it was Australia Day. Anyhow, I’ve just watched Underworld and Underworld Evolution and I’m in this vampire/horror/slaying mood. Don’t you just hate it when movies and songs have that effect on you? So I guess I’m saying sorry about bringing the infected into the scene, it needed something to spice it though, eh?]]

*Edited. Hope thats better, tell me if not.
Advertisement
Original Poster
#227 Old 28th Jan 2008 at 2:35 AM
((Sorry to sound rude, but there was a little too much GMing there =). Ebony hasn't let go of the washing machine, because she wants to keep it against the door so that she can hopefully have a little rest.))
Lab Assistant
#228 Old 28th Jan 2008 at 9:08 AM
[[ooc: Geese. I'll change it. Which part was I playing God too much? My eyes see handing one to Ebony, but my intentions were that Lijlina was offering it to her. Either that or reaching it out to someone who wanted it. My post looks abit weird to me now as well, since I'm not in that mood any more but I'd love for you to specify what bothers you the most. And no, you didn't sound rude.]]
Inventor
#229 Old 28th Jan 2008 at 3:56 PM
((OOC)) Hopefully this is ok, since Nova got kinda lost awhile back...if not I'll change it.

Nova ran her fingers down the door again, nails scraping against the wood. She cursed quietly as she felt for the doorknob. It was too dark to see anything and her flashlight had gotten left back in her cabin on the ship. She could have kicked herself for losing sight of Annalisa. She could have sworn she only turned for a moment to stare out the giant picture window at the sea, but as soon as she turned back Annalisa had been nowhere in sight. With a triumphant cry Nova's fingers found the doorknob and she pushed against the door. It opened a few inches before being slammed shut again. Nova tried to push against it again but something heavy seemed to be leaning against it now. She could hear whispered voices on the other side and tried with all her weight to push against the door again. "Hey" She hissed "Lemme in!"
Field Researcher
#230 Old 28th Jan 2008 at 6:16 PM
(( Oh my goodness, I totally forgot about this rp, could I possible be hiding in a house somewhere and bump into you guys? ))
Original Poster
#231 Old 29th Jan 2008 at 1:25 AM
((Well considering a group has locked themselves into the basement, seems highly unlikely. =D Sorry for the terrible post, I'm tired.))

Ebony paused in fright as someone whispered on the other side of the door.
"I'm sorry, but we can't..." She whispered back, lowering the washing machine onto the top step.
Lab Assistant
#232 Old 2nd Feb 2008 at 8:30 AM
Default RussianHare's post since he can't log in. >> Dominic Ricconi
The sun’s luminosity slowly dimmed until the light completely faded. The once glimmering water across the bay now vanished, replaced with the cold hard bricks that made up the basement’s walls. His trance left his mind again, a loud metallic ring forcing his eyes to open and force him back into reality. “F*ck Dom, give us some help.” Rubbing his eyes and dropping his blanket beside the small bed Ebony had made, he grumbled at the commandment in her voice.

“Yea, alright.”

He took hold of its base and began to walk backwards, towards the stairs. As they hauled the machine up the steep flight of steps his thoughts wandered over to the note pad and pen he had written on when he’d first seen one of the creatures. Had he shoved it in his pocket? If he gets through this and survives, there’s no doubt that he would write an article about it. Maybe he’d get some comments from the survivors down here for witness comments once they release the bulky object from their hands. Was he sounding too optimistic? Was it right to even consider what to do if this clears up? Anyone who knew Dominic knew that he was a true pessimist at heart, hiding it within him.

His eyes flashed up at Lijlina who seemed to be somewhat tense, whispering about something. Within seconds she had thrown herself down onto the cement slab then return with two dangers. “Sh*t Lina, what’s with you? There isn’t need for those yet.” He took the blades off her, furrowing his eyebrows with annoyance. No longer did he need her answer as his ears found the voice behind the door. Ebony responded as they heaved it down, he felt some relief though nothing could calm him completely until the situation changed. He took Ebony’s tender hand into his own and pulled her gently down the stairs, letting it drop once he settled back to where they left their blankets. “I’ll assume the role of guard for tonight, do you want to join me?” Dominic placed the knives down carefully, his eyes still locked with Ebony’s.

[[I'll post my text in a little while, I'm on a downloading spree! Am I the only one who can't edit their text as in bold or italics?]]
Original Poster
#233 Old 2nd Feb 2008 at 8:51 AM
Squeezing his hand back, Ebony gave him a soft kiss on the cheek. He was being so sweet, well, to her at least. It seems a perfect moment, and then her idea of a perfect reality is burst by a couple awkward coughs from the other survivors. Coughing herself, she flicked off the light, omitting the room to pale darkness, she dropped his hand as he dropped hers and they walked back over to the blankets.

“I’ll assume the role of guard for tonight, do you want to join me?”

"Um. Okay." Eyes flickering away, Ebony resumed her position on her bed. Out of the corner of her eyes, she watched Dominic put down the knives. Touching her neck, she was glad the zombie hadn't nicked an artery, or she would be dead. It couldn't have been Matt, because surely he would've retained his medical knowledge? Chief of Surgery training doesn't go away because you have a demonic virus. The thought of Matt made her stomach hurt. Ebony wondered if her feelings for him had really gone away. Resuming her watch on Dominic, she knew the answer. "I guess it's only right that I stand guard, too. But what about the person at the top of the stairs? I hope she finds somewhere safe..."

Sitting down and drawing her knees to her chest, she looked at him.
Original Poster
#234 Old 2nd Feb 2008 at 10:26 AM
With half closed green eyes, Ebony breathed gently, feeling his fingers run through her red hair. Ebony felt warm despite the cold basement. Whispering in hushed voice, she leant her forehead against his.

"No, I haven't ever left Roanoke. My mother doesn't -didn't- like me leaving town. You know; I could imagine myself in Sicily...with you. I can see us walking through Venice, I can see us in Sydney, I can see us anywhere. I want us to have a future together, Dominic, more than you could ever know... but I'm not sure if you have the same idea of a future as I do. I'm not sure if I can leave this goddamn town. I'm scared. That we're going to die and if we don't, are we going to be able to stay together?" She admitted, biting her lower lip.
Original Poster
#235 Old 2nd Feb 2008 at 11:09 AM
Staring at him for a second as Dominic touched his lips to hers, Ebony hesitated, her brown eyes wider than usual. What kind of signal was she giving through hesitation? Was this considered cheating if your boyfriend has turned into a blood-thirsty zombie? Deciding on what to do, she grinned. She had known her feelings for him had been greater and stronger than anything else for a long time. Ebony pulled back and breathed for a second.
"I don't care about the future! I don't care about whether we would move to some unknown country or if we would have children and live in a huge house in the countryside. Who knows? Maybe this could be our last night alive together. Why waste this moment?" She said, practically to herself.
Kissing him back, Ebony buried her hands in his hair, not bothering to pull back for any further breaths. Feeling his heart beat as fast as hers, a tear slid down her cheek, unsure of what emotion she felt.
Original Poster
#236 Old 2nd Feb 2008 at 11:39 AM
Feeling her back pressed against the wall, Ebony deepened the kiss, moving her hands from his hair to his face.
“Wish they’d all disappear…” He whispered in her ear.
"I know. Perhaps they will go to sleep soon, though I doubt they feel safe right now knowing we're on guard..." Pulling her head back, her eyes scanned over Dominic's face, wondering how he felt.
Original Poster
#237 Old 16th Feb 2008 at 11:44 PM
FINALE!

After a night of trying to sleep, Ebony hears a noise. A buzzing noise. Standing up, she looks out the window to the crisp morning. Looking up at the grey sky, she sees a dark speck. Shaking everybody awake, she busts out of the basement and runs outside, shielding her eyes as she watches the black speck draw closer....

A helicopter lands and everybody boards. They are taken to the safety of the next town. If you'd like, you may post what happens to your characters after they get to safety. It must be in the format of "Ten Years Later". I really enjoyed this RP while it lasted!

Page 10 of 10