Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 28th May 2012 at 6:48 PM
zelda101, thanks, I'll try to do it for myself
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#77 Old 28th May 2012 at 6:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxonick

As I'll progress in building Grand Staircase I'll post the screens of what I'll achieve

Those stairs CC looks great! You should use the constrainfloorelevation cheat to make it more smaller, my stairs are 8x4. 8 being in width, and 4 being the length. The space from the second floor to the "foundation" should be two. and then that would leave the width of the staircase to 4. (I noticed yours was 6 across)

So then you should be able to have 4 stairway tiles going across.
I hope you're good at math, because that's a lot of numbers. And me being specific.
And the stairs should be able to be stacked over one another.

And for a tip, you shouldn't level the wall until your at your highest floor. It would make the wall look uneven, and it doesn't flow with the staircasing.
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 28th May 2012 at 7:22 PM Last edited by maxonick : 28th May 2012 at 7:42 PM.
zelda101, if you'd like, I can post the cc I used
Lab Assistant
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 28th May 2012 at 10:39 PM Last edited by dangmal : 28th May 2012 at 10:52 PM.
Bloomsbase - you are a genius! i think that is the single best breakthrough made so far... that is going to make so many things possible, not just for this project but countless others, AMAZING!
maxonick - if you need the custom flooring and wall (the clock) for your grand staircase you are welcome to them - are they the cc you wanted or do you mean zeldas' stuff?
Thaymo - your Titanic is amazing! - i think it looks much more accurate from the outside than Zeldas
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 28th May 2012 at 10:46 PM
also bloom, i suppose you can't put windows or doors on it?
Test Subject
#82 Old 29th May 2012 at 12:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zelda101
Sorry, I can't really tell you because I haven't kept track of my downloads and there's a lot. But I got them mostly from here (mts) and I searched through Sims3updates.net, and the sims 3 store items. But I'll try to list them when I have enough time for it..

Wow, yours is really big, but it's very wide. The 1st class dinning room isn't meant to be that large I'm pretty sure. I'll post pictures of my version of the room on this edit.

Hello! well, I wonder if you could upload the following materials for me to do the download later:

the dome
Cherub Staircase
the texture used in the clock
the Mast
buff dome
respirators

also would be interesting if you could get the windows of the staircase and rudders along with the apparatus of the inner bridge of my ship is already well underway, I made a video that I post on youtube soon!
and first of all thank you! You are too kind!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#83 Old 29th May 2012 at 1:45 AM
Please remember that this forum is for discussing building lots in the game, not for sharing content or lots. If you find content that will be helpful to achieve your goal, then your more than welcome to link to it. If you create it, again, your more than welcome to upload to our downloads section. This is not a sharing of content/lots thread.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#84 Old 29th May 2012 at 6:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
Here you have a test version, you find them in the column section
One tile wall with a 1 tile path footprint.
Tree tile wall with 3 tile path footprint while the placing footprint stays on the lot.
Unfortunate you can not use the wallpaper on them, so you need to color them with patterns.
They are a bit tricky to use but im sure you figure it out.
They are stackable without floortiles i believe.
Lets hope you got the lots lined up properly.
Let me know wat you think?

That's great! Thanks so much for getting around to it!! The color with patterns is easy for me, I've been using blank patterns for the ships siding so it should be easy to use.
I'm just wondering, since my ship is raised to 3 floors. Do you think it will stack properly? Regardless, this is simply just amazing!

Quote: Originally posted by dangmal
Bloomsbase - you are a genius! i think that is the single best breakthrough made so far... that is going to make so many things possible, not just for this project but countless others, AMAZING!
maxonick - if you need the custom flooring and wall (the clock) for your grand staircase you are welcome to them - are they the cc you wanted or do you mean zeldas' stuff?
Thaymo - your Titanic is amazing! - i think it looks much more accurate from the outside than Zeldas

I agree! It's very helpful, and I'm glad this thread has so many people working on different projects!!

Thaymo, your ship is amazing too! The outside is very much more accurate than mine (jealous smileyface). However, I'm focusing more on the interior than the exterior. But I am in the midst of remodeling the outside. As I stated previously.
Sockpuppet
#85 Old 29th May 2012 at 9:50 AM Last edited by BloomsBase : 29th May 2012 at 1:01 PM.
Quote:
also bloom, i suppose you can't put windows or doors on it?

Unfortunate not.

Quote:
Do you think it will stack properly?

yes, they stack like normal colums but since they can interact with eachother(and walls/other objects etc) no floortiles are necesarry(but you can use them tho, no problem)
I redid all files already as i wasn't satisfied.
Just fiddling now with the pathing as i dont want sims walking through it.

Get em here: http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...hp?topic=1021.0
Theorist
#86 Old 29th May 2012 at 5:59 PM Last edited by tizerist : 29th May 2012 at 6:10 PM.
Massive thank you for those deco walls. This is surely now within our grasp.
thaymo, that ship is amazing. The shape and size is very convincing. Excellent.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#87 Old 29th May 2012 at 11:16 PM
Hey everyone, I know this has nothing to do with building, but I'm looking to create a proper dome for this, if anyone wants to help it would be greatly appreciated. The link to the thread is here.
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 30th May 2012 at 12:43 PM
I'd found some TS2 Titanic sets, so I requested to convert them into TS3-supporting format, I'll post 'em here in case I get 'em
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#89 Old 2nd Jun 2012 at 3:13 PM
bornas12 if you'd like to show off things you have made, then please use the appropriate thread in Community. If you want feedback to upload it here on MTS, then please use CFF. This forum is for discussing how to build things in the game.
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 2nd Jun 2012 at 9:13 PM Last edited by dangmal : 2nd Jun 2012 at 9:14 PM. Reason: spelling error
HL - this is a thread talking about building the titanic, if bornas has things that will make that possible why is this not the place to share those? I'm not deliberately being argumentative, or being particularly stupid (as far as i can see) but i'm genuinely perplexed, i mean is this thread literally just for talking about creation, but not actually doing any? and why is posting a link to content okay sometimes but not other times? And where exactly is the appropriate place in community? all of the headings are so vague that none of them stand out as the right place?
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 4th Jun 2012 at 4:37 PM
Anyway... i am a terrible builder and i've been working for ages to try and match zeldas staircase - i just can't do it - how do you overcome the fact that the wall uses the same wallpaper above the halfwall as it does below? (next to the arrow) and how to you overcome the sideways/diagonal wall?, and how did you and maxonick make your bottom staircase so big? mine is four steps down no matter what i do. Anyway - i don't know how you'd do the clock wall if there isn't a way to use wallpapers. any thoughts?

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#92 Old 5th Jun 2012 at 2:14 AM
A normal staircase takes about 4 spaces, Yours looks like it takes 3 from the second floor to the "foundation" raise it up a bit.
My staircase is split in half, meaning that it takes two tiles in between each different level.

Try removing everything and then from the ground level use the "constrainFloorelevation" cheat.
And then use the stairs tool, you should be able to make the ground go 4 levels down, do this again until you're about 8.

You should level it until your "foundation" is about 4x2. Or 4x3 from the looks of your image. You can put a column on these tiles and then build over it at 4x2 or 4x3.
The walls should be at a perfect slant. And the stairs should be stackable.
Lab Assistant
#93 Old 5th Jun 2012 at 11:40 AM
thankyou zelda - on yours does the wall behind the stairs treat one wall like it is two and automatically replicate the wallpaper?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#94 Old 5th Jun 2012 at 1:55 PM
I forgot to mention, have a wall space behind the staircase going from 8x1. That way you can level the area around it, and only inside that room will be uneven.
And my wall paper is like that as well, it will happen only on the highest level. It would be great if someone could create an object like a painting to conceal that problem.
Test Subject
#95 Old 5th Jun 2012 at 8:48 PM
Default i was wondering... floors?
So as for an update, I've been pretty busy, and now I finally have time free to play the game!! And to make things better, I just seen Titanic last night!

So this is the farthest I've gotten so far, and I'm going to start posting my work more now.

This is the ship so far. It's about 3/4 done on the exterior. I just have to figure out how to work on the stern, since its rounded a bit.

And to focus on the lot being underwater, we would have this problem and this picture also shows the gaps.

There will be wanderers walking to the lots from random places. I know if the whole lot and neighborhood is underwater that would be a problem.

I'll post more exteriors on here soon, or should I post updates in a different thread? I'm still new here. haha..

hi!! i was wondering how do you make 6 floors cuz it seems like your titanic has 6 o 7 floors? please? thank you
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 5th Jun 2012 at 11:11 PM
I forgot to mention, have a wall space behind the staircase going from 8x1. That way you can level the area around it, and only inside that room will be uneven.
And my wall paper is like that as well, it will happen only on the highest level. It would be great if someone could create an object like a painting to conceal that problem.

great tips thankyou - i have seen a wallpaper-able wall segment before somewhere - you can move it as though its a column, similar to blooms wall segment, but smaller.. i can't find it at all but that would do the trick - interesting idea about the painting - i'll experiment!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#97 Old 7th Jun 2012 at 12:34 AM
So I'm in the thought of redoing the whole ship, just so that it's more accurate. And partly to make more room for the rooms that I want without the lot gaps being in the way.

But this is an update for the Dome that @Bloomsbase and I worked on.
Test Subject
#98 Old 7th Jun 2012 at 7:38 AM
It's amazing!!!!
Test Subject
#99 Old 7th Jun 2012 at 6:23 PM
hi! zelda101 first of all your ship is looking amazing! well done and specially the dome it looks great now i was wondering if i can ask for something? in your first picture your ship has the chimneys where do you get those? thank you keep up the good work
Sockpuppet
#100 Old 7th Jun 2012 at 6:59 PM
Zelda, were did you downed the lamp?
Im strugling with mine lighting up properly.....
Locked thread | Locked by: simsample Reason: Please see last post
Page 4 of 6