Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 7:16 PM
Default Yamatai - Beta (feedback needed)
The following information is taken from the Tomb Raider wikia :

"Yamatai-koku... [..] is the Sino-Japanese name of an ancient country in Wa (Japan).

During the late Yayoi period (circa 300 BC – 300 AD). The Chinese history Records of the Three Kingdoms first recorded Yamatai as the domain of the shaman Queen Himiko. Generations of Japanese historians, linguists, and archeologists have debated where Yamatai is located. Himiko, the first Sun Queen of Yamati, possessed great power. Prior to her death, Himiko chose a successor. When Himiko died, her followers transferred her soul to the body of her successor. This processes is repeated each time the new body dies off. However, one high priestess refused to be the new life for the Sun Queen and committed suicide. This caused the settlers to flee the island. Due to the failed ritual, Himiko became angered. As her anger grew, it caused a wave of storms that would guard the island so no one would ever escape. For thousands of years, boats began to disappear mysteriously without a trace. They called this area the Dragon's Triangle. During World War II, the island was under Japanese military occupation. They allowed a Nazi scientific expedition to take place on the island. The goal of the scientists was to learn how to use the power of the storms as a weapon, but their luck ran out when the Oni - warriors of Himiko - slaughtered them all.
"
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello everyone! Originally, I didn't plan on releasing this world (I mostly create worlds as a hobby), but I think it deserves more than to be another abandoned project in my CAW folder. It is heavily inspired by the island of Yamatai as it is depicted in Tomb Raider 2013.

Right now I need feedback, ideas and lots of nice pictures.

More info to come!

World information
Map size: Medium
Lots:18
Populated: No
Theme: Far east, Survival, Adventure, Horror

Requirements
EP: All (World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, University, Island Paradise, Into the Future)
SP: None
Store content: None

Lot information
(see attached picture)
1. RV Endurance - 64x64
2. (military ruin) - 50x64
3. (shipwreck beach ) - 64x64
4. Mountain Village - 64x64
5. Simiko's Monastery - 64x64
6. Temple of the Unworthy - 30x64
7. Old bunker - 30x25
8. (forrest camp) - 30x30
9. (old house) - 20x15
10. Shantytown - 30x30
11. Shantytown - 30x64
12. (waterfall overlook) - 15x40
13. Fisherman's Shack - 15x15
14. (small island) - 20x30
15. (dive lot) - 64x64
16. (small beach) - 25x50
17. (small beach) - 20x40
18. (mountain overlook) - 10x10

Download
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 7:41 PM
This looks gorgeous! Is it a world you can live in, or is it mainly for adventuring/storytelling and the sort?
Field Researcher
#3 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 9:34 PM
This is so beautiful. It reminds me of a game I used to play as a child, the colors and the trees. This is wonderful!

Building a Middle Earth world for Sims 3 sims3medieval.tumblr.com/tagged/CAWLOTR :-)
Do you have a simblr? If so, I would love to connect :-) http://sims3medieval.tumblr.com/
#4 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 11:52 PM
You have created some incredible atmosphere in your world - it's quite spooky! Nicely done!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 6:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
This looks gorgeous! Is it a world you can live in, or is it mainly for adventuring/storytelling and the sort?

Thank you the majority of the community lots will be turned into tombs (I just need to figure out how to build them)
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 24th Mar 2015 at 12:33 AM
This so reminds me of MYST... gorgeous and mysterious at the same time. Love it!