Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Apr 2014 at 8:02 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Nighttime Daytime everyday boots glitch
Hi! This is my first post on MTS. I am new here on the forums but I have installed CC for the sims 2 forever here. But this time I am not worried about the sims 2. It's the sims 3. I am probably not the first one to post about this but I am having this crappy glitch with the Nighttime Daytime everyday boots. Surprise surprise! Hasn't everyone heard of this or had this problem? Anyways I have these boots in my game they show up on my babies and toddlers. The boots are awfully annoying and I don't know how to get rid of them. I found it in my game launcher but it still wont remove the boots from my game! I tried uninstalling it and it wont work. I am free to any sort of help. (P.S. I ONLY download from The sims 3 exchange. Nothing else, I have no mods in my game or any mod folders.) Thanks! (P.P.S. If pictures are needed I will post some or if any other info is needed I will post other things)
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 9th Apr 2014 at 9:15 PM
Hello, and welcome to MTS. Yes, those silly boots are a known problem. They are probably on a sim you downloaded. If you can live without that sim, you can just uninstall/delete the sim, clear the caches, and the boots should be gone. If you want to keep the sim but not the boots, take the sim into CAS and change their shoes. Then Share the sim. The new copy will go into your Exports folder. Now you can uninstall/delete the original copy and install the one without those boots. (And try clearing the caches if the boots are -still- there.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Apr 2014 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Hello, and welcome to MTS. Yes, those silly boots are a known problem. They are probably on a sim you downloaded. If you can live without that sim, you can just uninstall/delete the sim, clear the caches, and the boots should be gone. If you want to keep the sim but not the boots, take the sim into CAS and change their shoes. Then Share the sim. The new copy will go into your Exports folder. Now you can uninstall/delete the original copy and install the one without those boots. (And try clearing the caches if the boots are -still- there.)
Ok thank you! But is there anything I can use to find the sim(s) holding the cache for the boots? and how do I clear the caches? I am a total noob at the sims
Mad Poster
#4 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 2:36 AM
Have a look at Game Help:Sims 3 Game Problemwiki
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 5:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mikey
Have a look at Game Help:Sims 3 Game Problemwiki
I deleted all my cache files and it's still in game
Site Helper
#6 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 7:58 PM
That suggests that you have one or more sims who is actually wearing them. I'm sure there is probably an easier way, but the only way I know of to see which one it is would be to start a test game, go into CAS, and check every sim (in every gender and age category) and note which sims you find wearing those boots. (don't forget to check formal wear, swimsuits, pajamas, athletic wear, and undies...) Then go into the game and put every sim that is in the bin which you could not check in CAS into the neighborhood. Check them, (In all clothing options) and again note which ones have the boots. While you are doing that, you can change their shoes and Share them into your Exports folder if they are ones you want to keep. Once you have the list of sims with those boots, go back to the Launcher and uninstall any sim who has them. Uninstall the boots again. Clear the caches again. Now check to be sure they are gone. (They should be.)

If they are gone, you can install your shared copies of the cleaned up versions of the sims you were keeping. If not, check to be sure you haven't missed a sim, or an outfit. (Fortunately, they generally don't attach to the nude state, so you shouldn't have to get a shower where you can see the sim's feet and run everybody through it.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 8:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
That suggests that you have one or more sims who is actually wearing them. I'm sure there is probably an easier way, but the only way I know of to see which one it is would be to start a test game, go into CAS, and check every sim (in every gender and age category) and note which sims you find wearing those boots. (don't forget to check formal wear, swimsuits, pajamas, athletic wear, and undies...) Then go into the game and put every sim that is in the bin which you could not check in CAS into the neighborhood. Check them, (In all clothing options) and again note which ones have the boots. While you are doing that, you can change their shoes and Share them into your Exports folder if they are ones you want to keep. Once you have the list of sims with those boots, go back to the Launcher and uninstall any sim who has them. Uninstall the boots again. Clear the caches again. Now check to be sure they are gone. (They should be.)

If they are gone, you can install your shared copies of the cleaned up versions of the sims you were keeping. If not, check to be sure you haven't missed a sim, or an outfit. (Fortunately, they generally don't attach to the nude state, so you shouldn't have to get a shower where you can see the sim's feet and run everybody through it.)
Ok thank you I will try this.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 8:27 PM
those boots are known to cause issues, read more here --> http://findingbadccsims3.blogspot.c...and-how-to.html