Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 3:50 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Generations, Pets, Seasons, Island Paradise
Accidentally (or randomly) deleted all kinds of lots...
Well yea, yesterday i came to the conclusion that i should probably clean up my costume content stuff, so i started of by deleting everything i knew didn't work from the package folder, then moved to the sims3pack files which i have installed into the game and therefore shows up in the sims 3 launcher.
See, the problem i always have when i try to clean the launcher is that (let me add: i have A LOT of stuff in the launcher) whenever i scroll down 2/3 the launcher crashes. No matter how slowly/fast i scroll, it ALWAYS crashes at that exact point so i thought "maybe it's the costume content at that exact point which causes the problems, so since it seemed a little messy and slow to clean up from a launcher which crashes all the time, i removed all the files from the C:/documents/EA/sims3/downloads folder. Unfortunately i don't actually remember why i didn't look through them. I guess i thought they didn't matter, so i trashed all of them. Literally.
I went back to the launcher, and there were only like 4 files, which i thought was very good - clean up done. But what i discovered when i entered the game was that all the schools, hospitals, cafés - well EVERY lot exept the swimming lot and the park has been mysteriously deleted from my game whatsoever. The actual lots still exist, but the lot functionality has been set to "Guests allowed" instead of "School" - simply, school, hospital, etc doesn't exist. So my sims can't go to school nor take jobs at school/hospitals/etc/etc and that is a pretty huge problem.

How can i fix this? I'm guessing it's going to take a lot of work/ or i'll have to reinstall (which i hope i don't have to )

Please help and i'm sorry for the long post
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 8:13 PM
Even on its best day, the Launcher is a PITA. However, there are some tricks you can use to make it run a little smoother and less glitchy.
  • Empty your Downloads folder. The more the Launcher has to keep track of the worse it gets, if you have alot of downloads and installed content, you're really pushing your luck to have the Launcher work at all. The simplest way to empty the Launcher and not lose the items you have downloaded is to create a folder inside the Downloads folder, perhaps name it "Installed". Now when you install a sims3pack, simply put it in the Installed folder. Launcher cannot see or view them anymore
  • Empty your Exports folder. Same as the Downloads folder above, emptying this folder will increase the ability of the Launcher to function. Anything you attempt to share such as Siims, Lots, etc will be placed here as well as Screenshots and Videos. Create one or more folders (if you wish to organize) and place all contents of the Exports folder in the folder(s) you created.
  • The Launcher is limited to viewing 500 items at a time. If you have more than 500 items, anything after 500 are not visible. If you have more than 500 Items, you should be using the individual tabs when viewing Installed Content (Sims, Lots, Objects, & Patterns). Each tab is capable of displaying 500 items as well, giving you the potential of viewing 2000 items. If you have more than 500 items under any one tab, you will not see those over 500.
  • If you have a mass of items installed, reduce the amount by uninstalling those you dont absolutely have to have. The reduced amount will not only speed up the Launcher, but your game as well.