Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#226 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 9:17 PM
This just brings back memories of the first time I ever rode a horse...

Advertisement
dodgy builder
#227 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 9:29 PM
What's about all the backwords walking, and how's a horse training ground suppose to look?
Field Researcher
#228 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 9:58 PM
Brings memories of how I mount now, after riding for 8 years .

My Simblr: Here
Instructor
#229 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 10:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shhh
Brings memories of how I mount now, after riding for 8 years .

Now that I think about it, you're right.
Field Researcher
#230 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 11:01 PM
And my horses aren't that big (they are Highlands, very, very wide )

My Simblr: Here
Retired
retired moderator
#231 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 11:35 PM
I've discovered that I can place pets in WA destinations from Edit Town. This may be Twallan's mods at work. Anyone without them care to test? The application is loading up really slowly lately, even though it runs just fine once it's started, so it's a pain to uninstall mods.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Test Subject
#232 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 12:08 AM
I remember that one of my biggest complaints of Sims 2 Pets was that big furniture like beds or couches broke into pieces after cat scratched it a few times. So now, out of curiosity, I let my dog chew at the dresser for a longer amount of time. Suddenly the "broken object" jingle played, the dresser turned all scratched and scarred and the option for replacing it showed. But it's still usable! YAY!
Scholar
#233 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 12:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nauthiz.
I remember that one of my biggest complaints of Sims 2 Pets was that big furniture like beds or couches broke into pieces after cat scratched it a few times. So now, out of curiosity, I let my dog chew at the dresser for a longer amount of time. Suddenly the "broken object" jingle played, the dresser turned all scratched and scarred and the option for replacing it showed. But it's still usable! YAY!

Oh that's fantastic. My problem in Sims 2 was I wouldn't be able to remember what the item had originally been if the pet had destroyed it while I was distracted. So it's like how you can replace a burned stove after insurance pays you in a fire?
Lab Assistant
#234 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 1:12 AM
I love it. One thing disappointed me a little: There is no horse box trailer. Should we go to all competitions on horseback and tire out our horses? Why not have a vehicle in which to transport our superstud to his equestrian conquests? Also, the walking gait is a bit finicky. Horses give lovely big strides. Bit, overall, I love it!
Eminence Grise
#235 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 2:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Limogi
I love it. One thing disappointed me a little: There is no horse box trailer. Should we go to all competitions on horseback and tire out our horses? Why not have a vehicle in which to transport our superstud to his equestrian conquests? Also, the walking gait is a bit finicky. Horses give lovely big strides. Bit, overall, I love it!

It's a good point. You could always use the teleport cheat (shift-click with testingcheatsenabled on) to get your horse to the race, and PRETEND you had a trailer I wonder if horses can use any of the other non-cheaty teleportation methods in the game: the teleportation pad, the mine tunnels (that you can make with the Digger from ambitions), the WA dive wells... I'm just gonna assume they can't use the martial arts meditation teleport And, of course, UNICORNS can teleport... wonder if that's genetic and a foal born from a unicorn and a regular horse can do it?
Alchemist
#236 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 5:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai
Actually, not true. There's a lifetime award for sims that makes pets live longer, a LA for pets that's another "young again" potion, and if you go into your game options menu you can set the exact days each type of pet spends at each lifestage, the same way you can sims. If you find the lifetimes too short in general for horses just go and change it, or if you feel you need more time training them make them grow to adults sooner etc.

*sigh* im not talking about life time rewards. im talking about being able to mess with the life span via the options menu, like human sims have. human sims also have a young again potion, but im not prepared to waste hard-earned life time points on them when i can just fiddle with my settings.
the max i can set their ages for on the options menu is puppy/foal/kitten 1, adult 7, elder 7. i have no idea how you people are getting the impression that i can set it to longer than that. i literally have the game open right now, am staring at the game options menu, at the max 7 settings.

EDIT: nevermind. apparently, depending on what setting you have overall, it effects how long you can have your sims/pets live. on normal setting, its 7 max for pets... but plenty of time for human sims, so i never thought to mess with it.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Scholar
#237 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 5:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SuicidiaParasidia
*sigh* im not talking about life time rewards. im talking about being able to mess with the life span via the options menu, like human sims have. human sims also have a young again potion, but im not prepared to waste hard-earned life time points on them when i can just fiddle with my settings.
the max i can set their ages for on the options menu is puppy/foal/kitten 1, adult 7, elder 7. i have no idea how you people are getting the impression that i can set it to longer than that. i literally have the game open right now, am staring at the game options menu, at the max 7 settings.

EDIT: nevermind. apparently, depending on what setting you have overall, it effects how long you can have your sims/pets live. on normal setting, its 7 max for pets... but plenty of time for human sims, so i never thought to mess with it.

You asked for a way to make the pets live longer. I gave you one. No need for snippiness.
Field Researcher
#238 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 6:07 AM
That's not what my normal settings are by default.. My pets live around 25-30 days if I leave them defaulted on normal.
Test Subject
#239 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 6:09 AM Last edited by Meteora147 : 23rd Oct 2011 at 6:23 AM.
Well, the pet pathing apparently sucks (especially if there's stupid toys lying about on the floor). Its been a while since I played TS2 Pets so I can't really make much of a comparison. They're much less needy, I can for the most part leave them to their own devices assuming I don't mind the occasional object being chewed on or having them take a piss on the floor instead of going outside. I have a grudge against my dog who keeps waking up my sim. Its almost too much of a hassle to maintain more than one pet if the household only has one sim. Bathing them takes literally a century (at least for the default tubs, not sure if it affects the hygiene rate). Pets are a bad idea if you live in an apartment since they tend to greet you by going down the elevator sometimes, though elevators in general are terrible (I love apartments too much to overlook their fatal flaw). Its even worse when you have puppies since they apparently can't use elevators and so they'll keep pissing on the floor when they have to.

My apartment ended up looking as though there was a serious water leakage with two dogs and two litters in the house running about. Maybe it was an exaggeration, but it gets worse when your sim gets soaked in water when you bathe the pets. My sim was in a horrible mess when she had to wash two dogs after work, had absolutely no time to fulfill her own needs.

I was thinking about not having any pets with my new family... until I checked out the cats section and was overwhelmed/smothered by the sheer cuteness with the biggest and stupidest grin on my face. I am seriously dying from the cuteness and this is coming from a guy. Damn you EA.
Alchemist
#240 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 6:20 AM
You asked for a way to make the pets live longer. I gave you one. No need for snippiness.

point out the question mark in any of my posts and i will give you a cookie.

Scholar
#241 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 10:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SuicidiaParasidia
point out the question mark in any of my posts and i will give you a cookie.

Remind me not to help you out in the future.
Eminence Grise
#242 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 10:54 AM
Hey you two... be nice People are just sharing information here, it's not a one-upsmanship contest
Alchemist
#243 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 12:07 PM
Remind me not to help you out in the future.

happily.

Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Hey you two... be nice People are just sharing information here, it's not a one-upsmanship contest

no arguments there...

Lab Assistant
#244 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 1:01 PM
It turns out I hadn't told my sister about the EP. She is a casual sims player - she mostly just likes to build things and occasionally play.

A showed my mom the horses in the CAP demo and her reaction was that I needed to tell my sister. When I finally told her today she went mental. She has demanded I go get her a copy and bring it around with me on Wed. as penance for missing Sunday lunch at hers. She's planned out her entire week around getting this game!

I'm pretty sure she's excited about it :P

not indorsed by Hypno toad... all hail Hypno toad @_@
Test Subject
#245 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 1:36 PM Last edited by Honshu Wolf : 24th Oct 2011 at 1:47 AM.
Oh shite, here comes another glitch, courtesy of the careless EA coding team. It was no different from the issue mentioned in the 'Mom to Prom' post.

One of my sims worked as a stylist and one particular glitchy day she received a request from a Maria Lionheart for a 'Grownup wardrobe'. Thus, the stylist went to her station and waited for some time but the client was *gasp* nowhere to be found! Since the town crazy cat lady, Hetty Lionheart, also worked at the salon and my sim knew her particularly well, I opted to invite her household out via phone and whatdayaknow, there's Babycakes, Mothballs, Maria and WTF, she's a CAT! OMG, Maria must have been turned into one by Hetty the bastardly dastardly evil witch and at the last moment, Maria's only way to save herself from the cat-lish fate was by sending out a profession request to my sim!

Obviously, it didn't take long for my sim to quit her job.

The second glitch (though not as scary), is still freakingly annoying. This happened in the form of 'Neighbourhood Pet Adoption' opportunity highlighting resident-less houses. Psh, like people were even at their houses when that opportunity appeared over occupied houses anyway. I heard that adopting a neighbourhood pet was possible through the pet store but like that's gonna happen anytime soon when the cashier just shook her head and declined the request to 'buy'.

I am speechless.

Anyway, I adopted a horse after the traumatic event and the first thing that ungrateful equine did was popping up a wish to 'kick' the adopter... I obliged and guess what happened.

Mind you, it's a humongous legacy lot in its early stages so it's as empty as some sims' brains.

At least I got a Magic Freezer Bunny Gnome after all the trouble.
Screenshots

Inexperienced Sims making baked alaskas = Molotov cocktails.
Instructor
#246 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 2:11 PM
I had loads of issues installing it so just happy to actually play it. However I am really happy with this expansion pack I think its neck and neck with Late Night for the best one. It spent nearly half a day just playing with a horse and doing competitions. There is plenty to do I found and yes some things become repetitive but isn't that life. The thing I like the most and think really makes this expansion pack is the time gone into researching the behaviour of the animals. I adopted a kitten and when it played with its toy it did the leg kicking thing and curl up into a ball with their pray normal cats do (Hard to explain but if you have a cat you might know). They also mark their owners the same way a normal cat does. Dogs also play and act just like real dogs and the have different reactions and animations than cats which is great.
Lab Assistant
#247 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 2:20 PM
Never loved an EP more than this one. I pay more attention to mares and foals, collie and stray cat than I do their 'human' character. I wake up wanting to play. Been a while!

. . . because sometimes being a bitch is all a woman has to hang onto.
Lab Assistant
#248 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 3:54 PM
The greatest EP, love it. I don't seem to have ANY routing errors. Maybe because the only other EP I have installed is LN?

Anyway, I'm thrilled. Animations for all pets are wonderfully adorable! Breed options, interactions, items all very nice. I'm a little overwhelmed by the cowboy theme of all the new content, but I can live with it.

All of my important mods seem fine, and I'm confident that everything will be back to normal soon. I heart Appaloosa Plains. My game actually seems to load *faster* than it did before. Previously it took about 20 minutes to go from the Main Menu to the actual game. Almost all of my lag is gone

EA gets a GOLD STAR!

Zebra Maxidress in 5 Colors

I made a tutorial! Check it out here.
Inventor
#249 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 5:19 PM
I like the new EP. There are some animal glitches but I guess EA is aware of it and lets hope they release a patch soon.

Some impressions:

This reminds me so of my dog. He is already a senior but likes to do all the stuff he did as a young dog. Fortunately he only has one hole in the garden where he spents his time digging in it and doesn't start to dig somewhere else.

Drawer eats dog:

Watching TV:
Screenshots

You never know what’s comin’ for ya.
Lab Assistant
#250 Old 24th Oct 2011 at 8:24 AM
I finally got a unicorn, so now my family has a dog, an old mare I tamed from the wild, a mare I use for racing, and a Unicorn. All the pets and all the person are female (just worked out that way), and there is such hilarious drama. The other two horses and the dog are fascinated with the Unicorn and constantly want to sniff her, nuzzle her, etc., but the Unicorn has the aggressive trait and is a mean little snit who likes to stomp at them. The Unicorn is also untrained, and when she got tired while giving my sim a ride she bucked her off. It's a white Unicorn, too! She looks all pretty and rainbows but she's so mean, which amuses me.

I'm loving this EP sooo much. I haven't even had chance to play with the cats yet or any of the small pets yet; I've been too focused on horses and dogs. I did play one of the families that came with Appaloosa, I can't remember the woman's name, but she has a fluffy little white cat and lives in a very cutesy house, and she and the cat hate each other. Oh, and I think the cat's name is Babycakes. Love that.
Page 10 of 11