Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Nov 2015 at 11:04 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Neighborhood disappeared, got it back but some families still not showing up
(Playing UC)

I was playing a family in my created neighborhood, and I dropped my phone on my laptop, causing my laptop to immediately crash and go black from the shock I guess. When I turned it back on, everything seemed to be working fine and I started up Sims again. But when I went to the Choose a Neighborhood screen, the neighborhood I had been playing in wasn't there (but the included neighborhoods and all my other created ones were.)

I went into my Neighborhood folder and the one that wasn't showing up in the game (N004) was still there and as far as I could tell so were all the files. I copied it to my desktop, and then replaced it with an older version of the neighborhood I have saved (I believed this save is from right before I switched to UC). Going back into the game, that one worked perfectly and everything from that save showed up. Unfortunately its from over a year ago, and I don't want to have to redo everything I did in that time.

So then I took the new saved N004 file (from right after the crash) and merged it with the old one. When I went back into the game, the neighborhood did show up and so did some of the newer houses I've built. However it's just the houses (and items), there are no families in them. And not even all the new houses are there, only about half of them.

I have no idea what happened or how to fix it. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Nov 2015 at 11:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vtuntun
So then I took the new saved N004 file (from right after the crash) and merged it with the old one. When I went back into the game, the neighborhood did show up and so did some of the newer houses I've built. However it's just the houses (and items), there are no families in them. And not even all the new houses are there, only about half of them.

oooo bad idea - that's borked it. You probably can't recover it now. Did you do this with copies of the folders?

If you run into a situation like that, the first thing to try is deleting the NeighbourhoodManager file in the neighbourhoods folder.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Nov 2015 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
oooo bad idea - that's borked it. You probably can't recover it now. Did you do this with copies?

If you run into a situation like that, the first thing to try is deleting the NeighbourhoodManager file in the neighbourhoods folder.

Yikes, okay good to know!

Yes, I did it with copies of the new and old N004. I still have the old N004 backup and saved N004 from right after the crash that aren't merged and haven't been tampered with, they're just moved to a separate folder where I keep my back ups.

I've moved out the merged folder and put back the N004 backup made from right after the crash. It is just like it was that first time, where all the neighborhoods show up but N004. I just tried deleting NeighborhoodManager and it didn't change anything.