Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 9:00 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default A question on cleaning lots
Hi, I had asked this question in a different topic (someone else's WCIF that had been solved), but I thought I might get more responses if I posted here. I'm starting a new neighborhood and I've downloaded a bunch of lots that I want to use. I made a clean neighborhood with no sims in it to put them in so I could clean them (thanks, Maxon!). With SimPE, I opened the lot files and deleted all the Sim Information, Sim Relations, and Sim Score things. But the lots also have files that say "UNK" which I think means unlinked? I'm concerned about them. Should I delete them? Is it safe to? Any help would be appreciated!

Hey- if you said something to me in a post and I didn't write back, I'm sorry. Sometimes I don't feel good enough to post and by the time I'm able to the thread's old enough that I feel kind of weird about bumping it just to post one or two sentences. So please don't take it personally! :)
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 1:40 AM
I don't think UNK is unlinked, I think it is unknown. There were several resources found in various game files that were never positively identified throughout the development life of SimPE. I can't advise you on the particular ones in lot files but I wouldn't delete them (or maybe go ahead and see what effect it might have).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 3:42 AM
Okay! I'll leave them alone. Thanks so much! I can't get wait to get to work on my new neighborhood!!

ETA: Ooh, hang on. Most, if not all, of my residential lots have weird prices. For example, one townhouse costs exactly $300, a completely different one costs $300 also, and my empty 1x1 lot costs -$400! I went into the last lot, added some walls, deleted them, saved, and exited back into the neighborhood, but it still costs the same. Is this anything to worry about?

Hey- if you said something to me in a post and I didn't write back, I'm sorry. Sometimes I don't feel good enough to post and by the time I'm able to the thread's old enough that I feel kind of weird about bumping it just to post one or two sentences. So please don't take it personally! :)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Dec 2015 at 1:57 AM
Okay, I know this is double-posting, but hopefully it's been long enough that I won't get into trouble. The problem is, I'm stuck. I did a search for "lot price" in this forum, and didn't get anything. I really want to move these lots into my neighborhood, but if there's something wrong with them, I don't want to do that. What would you guys do?

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 7th Dec 2015 at 3:13 AM
I'm not sure about the lot prices - how they would have got that low. Negative numbers is nothing - I've had 1x1 lots (empty) costing less than zero. It's sometimes to do with buying something when the lot is in use, that appreciates in price rather than depreciates. Or something like that. I get it in particular on one of my residential university lots which I use to age up sims (so they're moving in and out all the time). So that is just showing I think that the lot has been used which you knew anyway. I think it's odd the lots are both built on and low-priced. However, the price, in itself, is not indicative of a problem. It's just a number which the game uses to deduct funds from a moving-in family. Myself though, I wouldn't be happy with that. I like my sims to pay proper amounts of money for their real estate.

Maybe it would be ultimately better to rebuild the lots - put the originals in a test temporary neighbourhood, go in there and have a good look - make a map if you need to. Then put an empty lot nearby and rebuild

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 7th Dec 2015 at 3:36 AM
Empty 1 by 1 lots do come at -$400, as you shrink a lot the price goes down and the game does not have a mechanic as such to give them a price seeing it's doesn't come with the game. The other prices I have no idea.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 9th Dec 2015 at 9:45 PM
Thanks for the advice, maxon and Jo! For buying the lots, I can just adjust their money myself- it doesn't bother me. :-) But I'm terrible at building, so I think I'll go ahead and move the clean lots into the neighborhood and hope for the best. Thanks again!

Field Researcher
#8 Old 10th Dec 2015 at 1:13 AM
I've used this method to clean lots and had the same question. Once you enter the lot, the price reverts to the 'correct' price.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#9 Old 10th Dec 2015 at 1:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eliset
I've used this method to clean lots and had the same question. Once you enter the lot, the price reverts to the 'correct' price.

You mean it reset when you saved it? Well that makes sense.