Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 2:21 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Can't find needed mesh
Hello I have a quick question. I was going to download an outfit but the outfit said it required the sims 2 ultimate soccer kit for a mesh. It is not available however because the sims.com is no longer in existence, and I can't find it anywhere else. However the what I was trying to download looks just like one of the outfits in freetime as a recolor. I do have freetime, but can't find the other thing. Do you think this would be ok?
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 3:04 PM
Probably not. Recolors are specific to meshes. You could probably download the recolor and possible recolor the FT outfit using that texture.

If you link to the recolor, more specific info might be given.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 3:58 PM
Ultimate Soccer Kit Soccer Uniform is included to Free Time (except toddlers). If you have FT, you can use recolors.
Theorist
#4 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 4:16 PM
Is this the info you're looking for? like Annaminna says, the recolor mesh probably means you need the original outfit in game for recolor to work. If you don't have Freetime, this is the outfit you need.
http://www.snwgames.com/news/2006/0...p-with-the-sims

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 4:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Duine
Is this the info you're looking for? like Annaminna says, the recolor mesh probably means you need the original outfit in game for recolor to work. If you don't have Freetime, this is the outfit you need.
http://www.snwgames.com/news/2006/0...p-with-the-sims

Hmmm. I do have freetime and it seems that they didn't show up. Also that last link was the one I looked at however where it says "get downloads" it wants to take me to the sims2.com. I guess I can try to out them in downloads again..

Update: I didn't see the smaller download the ultimate soccer kit link, however that just takes me to a blank page. I guess I'll just try again later for now.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 4:56 PM
I'm not sure I understand now what your difficulty is - which recolour did you want to download? Can you provide a link to it?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Inventor
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 5:44 PM
So I'm trying to add different outfits for the different country's. For example this is one: http://www.thesimsresource.com/down...dult/id/317129/ There's also others for other countries made by the exact same person and requiring the exact same mesh but just different recolors, but the problem is the needed mesh in the kit from thesims2.com
Inventor
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dharden
Yes, but even if the meshes are identical, their resources may have different group/instance values; which would mean that a recolor based on the Ultimate Soccer Kit wouldn't "see" a FreeTime mesh. I can't check this directly without seeing the recolor the OP is trying to use. I could d/l the sims2pack from the link Duine gave, but Clean Installer won't open it.

So I've hit a roadblock. I guess this is what happens when you try to download something so old I do use clean installer, but could I also use the standard sims 2 installer as well?
Forum Resident
#9 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 6:18 PM
As far as I know, if Clean Installer won't open a sims2pack, it's because something is wrong with the sims2pack, so I wouldn't count on the standard installer working either.

I deleted the post because I made it before you posted a link to the recolor. I checked the recolor against one of the AM "worldcup" outfits in FreeTime, and they do point to meshes with different identifying values, so the recolor won't work with the FreeTime mesh. The texture files look pretty much the same, so the FT mesh should be able to use the texture from the recolor.
Inventor
Original Poster
#10 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 6:33 PM
As far as I know, if Clean Installer won't open a sims2pack, it's because something is wrong with the sims2pack, so I wouldn't count on the standard installer working either.

I deleted the post because I made it before you posted a link to the recolor. I checked the recolor against one of the AM "worldcup" outfits in FreeTime, and they do point to meshes with different identifying values, so the recolor won't work with the FreeTime mesh. The texture files look pretty much the same, so the FT mesh should be able to use the texture from the recolor.

So wait not to be stupid or anything but what do I do now? And thank you everyone for helping up to this point.
Inventor
Original Poster
#11 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 7:07 PM
Hang on I think I have finally found something. This would be what I need right? http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...p?topic=13883.0
Forum Resident
#12 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 7:16 PM
It depends on how comfortable you are with Body Shop and SimPE. Open the recolor in SimPE, look for a line that says "TXTR" and click on it. The Plugin View should show an image; right-click on the image and select "Export...". That will save the image as a PNG file. Close the recolor, and close SimPE.

Start Body Shop; you'll want to use the Body Shop for Apartment Life, unless you also have M&G. Once it loads, click "Create Parts", "Start New Project", and "Create Clothing". Make sure that the mannequin is an adult male, then click the "Athletic" icon. Find the FT soccer outfits, select one, then click the "Export" button. You'll be asked to "name the project", so give it a name you'll remember. Click the checkmark.

Next, you'll see a dialog that lets you select which categories the recolor will appear in; select Everyday and Athletic if you want it to be the same as the recolor you downloaded. Click the "Import to Game" button. After Body Shop says that custom content importation is complete, exit Body Shop.

After exiting Body Shop, restart SimPE. The working recolor package will be in the "Saved Sims" folder. Open it, and select the TXTR line, and right-click on the image. If "Build DXT..." isn't grayed out, select it, otherwise select "Import...". If you're using "Build DXT..." there'll be a drop-down with various effects, make sure it says "None". Navigate to the image you exported from the recolor and select it. That image will replace the one that was in the recolor you made. Find the button marked "Commit" and click it, then save.
Inventor
Original Poster
#13 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 7:18 PM
It depends on how comfortable you are with Body Shop and SimPE. Open the recolor in SimPE, look for a line that says "TXTR" and click on it. The Plugin View should show an image; right-click on the image and select "Export...". That will save the image as a PNG file. Close the recolor, and close SimPE.

Start Body Shop; you'll want to use the Body Shop for Apartment Life, unless you also have M&G. Once it loads, click "Create Parts", "Start New Project", and "Create Clothing". Make sure that the mannequin is an adult male, then click the "Athletic" icon. Find the FT soccer outfits, select one, then click the "Export" button. You'll be asked to "name the project", so give it a name you'll remember. Click the checkmark.

Next, you'll see a dialog that lets you select which categories the recolor will appear in; select Everyday and Athletic if you want it to be the same as the recolor you downloaded. Click the "Import to Game" button. After Body Shop says that custom content importation is complete, exit Body Shop.

After exiting Body Shop, restart SimPE. The working recolor package will be in the "Saved Sims" folder. Open it, and select the TXTR line, and right-click on the image. If "Build DXT..." isn't grayed out, select it, otherwise select "Import...". If you're using "Build DXT..." there'll be a drop-down with various effects, make sure it says "None". Navigate to the image you exported from the recolor and select it. That image will replace the one that was in the recolor you made. Find the button marked "Commit" and click it, then save.

Thanks I'll give that a try
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#14 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 8:26 PM
dharden already described how to do it though I did this before I read that. This is what it looks like in BS - is that right? If so, the textures, once exported, can be used on the existing mesh from Freetime.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Brazil Kit.rar (242.3 KB, 6 downloads) - View custom content

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Inventor
Original Poster
#15 Old 29th Nov 2015 at 9:27 PM
It worked. However, the outfits come out very pixelated but it does work
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 1:15 AM
I think you would do better making some recolours of the FreeTime mesh.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#17 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 1:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by David Poston

Yeah, SimPE's Import function can do that if you're using one of the DXT formats. You really need to use "Build DXT" (which uses the Nvidia DDS Utilities) to get good-quality results with that.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#18 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 1:34 AM
Are you saying the one I posted is pixelated because I did it slightly differently to dharden and it didn't seem pixellated in my game? I didn't import in SimPE just used the exported texture and overwrote the one in the BS project file.

Inventor
Original Poster
#19 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 3:47 AM
Yeah, SimPE's Import function can do that if you're using one of the DXT formats. You really need to use "Build DXT" (which uses the Nvidia DDS Utilities) to get good-quality results with that.

Ah ok. How come that was greyed out for me? I have a NVidia card indeed. I also tried this but it didn't seem to help: http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-Your-Bod...ttings-in-Sims2
Forum Resident
#20 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 3:59 AM
Ah ok. How come that was greyed out for me? I have a NVidia card indeed. I also tried this but it didn't seem to help: http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-Your-Bod...ttings-in-Sims2

It's not a matter of having an NVidia card, they're separate legacy utilities that you download.

Also, the instructions at that link are only for Body Shop. They won't have any effect on SimPE.
Forum Resident
#21 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 4:25 AM

D'oh! I normally ignore the Body Shop project files and work with SimPE textures, so I didn't think of using them until maxon mentioned it. Anyway, what you can do is put the soccer outfits you downloaded into your Downloads folder. I suggest putting them in a temporary sub-folder, because you don't want to keep them there. Do that, then start Body Shop. Go to adult male, athletic; as I said earlier. Look for through the custom content for outfits that appear as Maxis outfits, because they are the ones that don't have the right meshes. When you find one, note the tooltip, then Export. When you get the the screen where you can import to the game, note where Body Shop says it put the textures, then click the X.

Go back into adult male, athletic; go to the FreeTime soccer outfits, and Export one. When you get to the import-to-game screen, show the desktop, and double-click the Computer icon. Go to the Project folder for the downloaded outfit, select all BMP files, and copy them to the clipboard. Go to the Project folder for the exported FreeTime outfit, and paste them in; be sure to tell Windows to overwrite the existing files. Go back to Body Shop, and click the curved-arrow button to refresh the image. Then select the categories you want the outfit to appear in, and Import to Game.