Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 2:35 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time
Default A whole lotta stuff just went BOOM in my game..
I sure hope someone can help me with everything that just went wrong because i sure don't want to lose all the customizing i did to Sedona..

Yes, I have multiple backups but the problems persist with even the backups!

Ok..here is the list of all that went wrong today:

1. I was building in a lot and went into "tab mode" to get a pic. Camera went into "blue"..not sky, because I have a sky mod and it didn't look like my sky..just blank blue screen as if maybe UNDER the 'hood map. Tried everything..repeatedly tabbed, went into aerial view..went into build/buy mode..absolutely nothing would unstick this camera view of only blue. NOT flashing blue..just blue like blank sky. Moving the lot did not help..even when I bulldozed the lot and placed a new blank lot on the spot..that lot had the same exact issue.

2. Thinking I might not be able to fix this problem and would have to restore an earlier save from external hard drive..I saved each lot I had been working on so I could just plop the lots back into neighborhood and not lose today's progress.

3. This is where is gets even odder. I went immediately back into one of the lots I had just packaged..I did not move or alter the lot..and upon re-entering it all terrain paints and custom content was gone. I had saved this lot and entered it many times..it did not do this until AFTER I packaged it.
4. I exited then entered again..thinking somehow it might fix itself...duh..but next time was even worse..the terrain was flashing blue.
5. At this point i thought..ok..just get rid of this corrupted version and go back to yesterday's save. I removed todays version of Sedona and replaced it with one from only yesterday. Restarted game.
6. Made sure all custom content was enabled, restarted again..now all lots everywhere in both the downtown and main hood are missing all terrain paints AND one of the three default replacement terrains isn't showing either...the one for beach. (replacement for desert and cliffs still shows. These files are in my game downloads folder..i just checked before posting.

so, at this moment even a save from yesterday is not showing terrain paints, custom outdoor plants and one of my three replacement terrains even though all are in downloads folder.

I had to restore my game a few weeks ago because of an expired digital receipt issue..when I restored my neighborhood THEN everything went smoothly..no missing terrain paints..only a few walls went awol...easily reapplied.
This time around..wow..what a mess..very disheartening.

Lots that had little custom content or terrain paints are fine...game plays fine..just looks bleh..all my terrain customizing has poofed.

I am considering uninstalling the app all together and reinstalling everything again..unless anyone knows what might be up?
Im on an iMac, Yosemite.

Thanks for any help anyone can give!

*off to go get a drink ,play Sims 3 and decompress..hah...and I stopped playing Sims 3 because of the constant save error bullcrap and such..now my Sims 2 game is giving me fits!*

MTS does not allow us to delete our accounts. I will not be logging into this account anymore, so PMs would go unanswered.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 3:49 AM
You are on a Mac, I do know they have a hard limit to cc and once reached it will randomly stop showing pieces of cc. What happens if you remove all your cc?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 4:13 AM Last edited by blupest : 30th Nov 2015 at 4:47 AM.
I uninstalled the App figuring that whatever is going on, it isn't just the neighborhood because terrain paints and plant stuff suddenly wasn't showing even in my test neighborhood.
Maybe something, somehow, got corrupted in some other game folder..how very strange that this suddenly happens out of no-where. I didn't install any new content today or even yesterday and game was working fine until i decided to save those lots after the "tab" camera issue.

When I reload game first time after it reinstalls it will be without cc. Crossing my fingers everything reinstalls and shows up once more.

ETA: reinstalled.
and now another problem.. I can't get the damn game out of windowed mode! It started up in widowed mode and i can't scroll at all. I have ticked the option to play full screen but the game ignores my choice and stays in windowed mode.

MTS does not allow us to delete our accounts. I will not be logging into this account anymore, so PMs would go unanswered.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 4:47 AM
What about your hard wear, graphic card or power supply? I don't even know if Mac's have a power supply but I had some wonky stuff happen right before mine went a few years back.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 4:50 AM Last edited by blupest : 30th Nov 2015 at 5:08 AM.
hmm..not sure..wondering tho..as I added above..but maybe you missed it since we posted same time..now re-instaled game will not get out of the windowed mode it started up in. Which means, no scrolling possible.

I ticked the box selecting to play in fullscreen mode.

I am wondering if there is some other issue going on now..I'll go try Sims 3 and see how that is behaving.

Thanks for your attempts to help.

ETA
My Sims 3 game just started up as usual and looks and plays fine..and we know how demanding THAT game is, so it isn't likely to be 'puter related, I don't think.

Test Subject
#6 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 7:30 AM
@blupest I had the same exact problem for a while! My screen went blue when exiting camera mode, with the exception of the control panel that was still visible normally, and nothing that I did changed that. To me, this didn't happen every time - usually when I opened the game the first few camera modes worked fine, but after a while this problem would start to happen. However, even then if I exited the lot and entered again, the camera would be normal again. My mac quite new, barely a year old, so personally I doubt it's a problem with processing power etc., but I'm really not an expert so it might just as well have had something to do with overheating computer something (... yeah idk that much about computers...). Or then not.

Anyways, after a while the problem disappeared. I simultaneously reinstalled the game and got rid of a bund of CC (though, after that, I have gotten some more to replace it, so I'm not sure if that was the thing). Now it's working perfectly fine again. So, while I really can't tell you how to fix it since mine just sort of fixed itself, I don't think it's a problem with your neighborhood but with your whole game (is that even a good thing? :D).
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#7 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 12:08 PM
Maybe, it's a CC thing, not really the game itself. As Jo said, there's a CC limit and if you reach that limit, it will become problematic.
I'll have to remove some (but not all) of your CC and maybe it will work then.

And I believe you have to enable scrolling in the settings/game options. You reinstalled the game, so that's why you can't scroll.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 4:10 PM
The scrolling function wouldn't work in windowed mode, which was how my newly reinstalled game began and I couldn't change it even using the options setting.

What did FINALLY work to get that setting to stick was restarting my computer...this was never a problem in my prior reinstallation of two weeks ago.

Two weeks ago..no such problems with re-installation..it looks like it was a slighly different interface and version number too.
Bodyshop would not work..that too was a new thing I didn't have two weeks ago after re-installing.

Anyway..had to re-download and reinstall Bodyshop this time around. Now everything works but still I am thinking about WHY this all happened in the first place.
I will look into the Mac file limit issue. That seems a likely candidate, given that most of these problems began after trying to package lots and the problem was in other NHs and even previous saves. Seems an issue of the game itself and my set-up.
Thanks for help everyone.

Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#9 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 5:41 PM
So your game is in full-screen mode now, isn't it?

I'm glad to hear that everything's working fine now.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 8:50 PM
Good to hear.

~Call me Jo~