Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 6:25 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time
Default How to get OUT of Windowed mode?
I had to re-install the Super Collection and the game has decided to start in Windowed mode for some reason. I ticked the option box for "fullScreen Mode" but to no avail..it only seems to be in this windowed mode..which is bad, because no scrolling plus the Dock items show.

I have re-installed twice this evening to fix various problems and this has begun with these re-installs.

How the heck to force my game to be Full Screen again, as it was for the past few months?

I'm really puzzled by all the bugs I am encountering tonight after months of no issues.

I hope someone can help...I am having so many problems tonight.

MTS does not allow us to delete our accounts. I will not be logging into this account anymore, so PMs would go unanswered.
Advertisement
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#2 Old 30th Nov 2015 at 12:09 PM
I don't how it works on Mac but I believe if you press on ALT+Enter, it will switch from windowed mode to full-screen mode and vice-versa. But maybe, this only works for Windows.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 7:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by blupest
I had to re-install the Super Collection and the game has decided to start in Windowed mode for some reason. I ticked the option box for "fullScreen Mode" but to no avail..it only seems to be in this windowed mode..which is bad, because no scrolling plus the Dock items show.

I have re-installed twice this evening to fix various problems and this has begun with these re-installs.

How the heck to force my game to be Full Screen again, as it was for the past few months?

I'm really puzzled by all the bugs I am encountering tonight after months of no issues.

I hope someone can help...I am having so many problems tonight.

You should delete the Preference file and see if that helps.

delete the pref file for The Sims 2. It has this name: com.aspyr.sims2.appstore.plist

There are two copies of the file.
Look here in this path: ~/Library/Preferences
And Look here in this path: ~Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Preferences
Note that ~ stands for a Folder inside the User Folder, or your Home Folder…Same thing.

Easy way to look is copy the path I give you, start from ~ and copy to the end, then in the Finder look in Go menu then "Go to Folder" menu.

Using Go To Folder is by the easiest way to find some of this stuff.

if not then reinstall go to the App Store and download the latest version.

First: Make a back up your The Sims 2 folder.
Located here: ~/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr

Note that ~ stands for a Folder inside the User Folder, or your Home Folder…Same thing.