Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 8:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Yup, it's intended to be that!

An unfinished bridge that continues to exist as a black hole for public expenditure.

Thank you so much.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#77 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 10:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babolat85
But as always, excellent work you're doing here, love the world.The majority of the routing issues I noticed from the previous build have been worked out so it's going along well!

Thanks for the thorough feedback as always! Anyways, if the world itself has no more routing issues- that's a great thing! This means that all the remaining issues are confined to lots (which are mostly unfinished, hence the problems), which can be worked on piecemeal. The final version should hopefully be reexported with all the lots fixed and finished.

Unfortunately, I'm halfway across the real world at this moment so I can't do too much, but work definitely will continue on once I get back!

For anyone willing, you can also help out fixes and finishing lots. I will definitely credit you for your help

Quote: Originally posted by babolat85
Lot issues
- Both Port lots need to be marked as Ports and have their lot locking thing turned on, I did it in my test save and I was able to place houseboats and have them navigate all around the place with no problem.

- Lifeguard Station at the beach disappears in Live mode, it's there in build mode but I had to use the sledgehammer tool to be able to delete it and replace it. Once replaced, it worked fine and showed up.

- Club Simboco - Elevators are sticking up through the floor. Entering Build and picking them up and dropping them lowers them to their normal level.

- Gym - Ceiling tiles don't cover the roof area.

- Luendorff AG Office - Dreaded white floating ceiling tiles are hanging over the edge on the top floor when viewed from below.

- 2 Rua Limbolino - Might just be an aesthetic choice but going into build mode the windmill base on the roof above was showing through into the bedroom.

- 315 Saulista Ave - Don't know if the lot is unfinished or not, but the bathroom fittings in the apartment are floating in the middle of the room.

Routing
- Sao Paten Museum - grassed area around the plumbob statue doesn't have a step down to it like the other grassed area does. But not sure if that was intentional.

- Spacious Suburban - Again, might not be finished but the fence around the entire lot has no gates to access the lot.

- Fort Gnome - This might have just been my game throwing a fit at me, but after my sim left for work in the basement military base, the would continually routefail trying to access the elevator back to the ground floor.

Most of these issues are definitely related to the fact that the lots are unfinished (Paradise Suites, 7 Rua Limbolino, Coral Apartments, etc. should be examples of finished lots).
Field Researcher
#78 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 12:28 AM
Just stopping in to say thanks. Wish I could build worth a damn – this world continues to look amazing and I can't wait to play it!
Test Subject
#79 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 2:10 PM
Hi there! :D

Your world looks amazing and I'm dying to try it out, but it won't install! I have all of the required expansion packs and even stuff packs, but for some reason, after I've downloaded the world and I click on it, it just doesn't install. Is anyone else having this problem? Or is there something I'm doing wrong?
P.S. I've tried with v2 and v2.1 and neither will install.
Thanks,
-Ross
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#80 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RossInSA
Hi there! :D

Your world looks amazing and I'm dying to try it out, but it won't install! I have all of the required expansion packs and even stuff packs, but for some reason, after I've downloaded the world and I click on it, it just doesn't install. Is anyone else having this problem? Or is there something I'm doing wrong?
P.S. I've tried with v2 and v2.1 and neither will install.
Thanks,
-Ross

I was a bit busy, so I missed your email!

Just a few questions-
Does the installation process work with any other worlds?

Try placing it into the Downloads folder and then installing it.
Also try temporarily removing the Documents folder from its place, allow a new one to generate, and install from there.

If those don't work, try out the CC Magic Launcher: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=461888

Hope this helps!
Test Subject
#81 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 6:13 PM
I was a bit busy, so I missed your email!

Just a few questions-
Does the installation process work with any other worlds?

Try placing it into the Downloads folder and then installing it.
Also try temporarily removing the Documents folder from its place, allow a new one to generate, and install from there.

If those don't work, try out the CC Magic Launcher: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=461888

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the response!
All I had to do was move it into the file into the downloads folder and then it installed fine. And yes, all of my other downloads worked, which was why this baffled me so.
Anywho, it's working now and I LOVE the world. Thanks so much for your help!
-Ross
Test Subject
#82 Old 10th Nov 2014 at 6:31 PM
Just wondering, how do you keep track of the lots that need finishing and lots that different people have taken on as projects and whether or not they have finished them? Just seems like a complicated affair, without a map specifying which lots are taken, complete, etc.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#83 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 4:23 PM
To be honest, no one has taken any lots as projects so far, much to my disappointment. I had a map specifically for this purpose, but there's no need for it now.

Quote: Originally posted by RossInSA
Ok, got it

One question, what must I do with the lots when I'm done with them?

Toss some images up here, and make any changes if necessary. Once the lots are done, just stick them up on a mediafire or Dropbox.
Scholar
#84 Old 12th Nov 2014 at 1:05 AM
Sorry, I misunderstood your thread and didn't realize you still need help with lots. What sizes/lots do you want built and what types of buildings/shops do you need? I'll download your wonderful world and do some play testing. It might be fun to build in a style different than usual for me! You're doing a fantastic job!
Field Researcher
#85 Old 12th Nov 2014 at 3:13 AM
To be honest, no one has taken any lots as projects so far, much to my disappointment. I had a map specifically for this purpose, but there's no need for it now.

Toss some images up here, and make any changes if necessary. Once the lots are done, just stick them up on a mediafire or Dropbox.

I'm game! I'm fairly one-note when it comes to building/design, but would be glad to pitch in.

Can you post the map of lots that still need help?
Test Subject
#86 Old 12th Nov 2014 at 2:58 PM
I just finished these 2 lots that I built specifically for this world, pics below
The first is on 4 Rua Gabriel Simboco, Santo Jacobo
The second is on 20 Estrada Baia, Itaque
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#87 Old 12th Nov 2014 at 3:18 PM Last edited by jje1000 : 12th Nov 2014 at 3:33 PM.
Here is the map:

Color codes (read these carefully):
Yellow: Community lots
Blue: Residential lots (If there is a need, residential lots can be switched over to community lots.)
Red: Finished/off limits (lots I will be working on/ lots that are intended to be empty). Don't do anything with these lots.

Pick a number and let me know.

General notes:
Centro: A mix of 2-3 floor Portuguese-Italianate 19th century storefronts, mixed in with more modern structures. Usually stained (WA wallpapers) and somewhat dirty. Mixture of tile and flat roofs.
Sambuco & Limbolino: White-washed, flat-roofed buildings. Mostly modern buildings, but some older buildings dating mostly from the 20s-40s
São Jacobo Mountains: Colonial mansions, usually with a perimeter fence
Panapaca: Favela-styled, informal architecture, mixture of corrugated metal, stained plaster and brick-filled concrete frames
Maiana: Spanish-styled suburban homes, usually with a perimeter fence
Itaque: Modern architecture, usually with a perimeter fence

- The majority of the changes should be indoors (new layouts, new wallpaper, new furniture), though detached houses have more leeway since most of them are unfinished inside and out.
- Use your own judgement!
- Take a look at some of the finished lots (Paradise Suites, 7 Rua Limbolino, Coral Apartments, etc.) for some ideas regarding the general direction you should go.
- Remember to stay a degree realistic (apartment buildings have garbage chute rooms, elevator cores, houses have closets, commercial lots have utility/storage rooms,etc.), but use your own judgement as to how far you want to go.

Larger version:
http://i.imgur.com/4GDJEAd.jpg
Test Subject
#88 Old 12th Nov 2014 at 5:06 PM
Could I book number 79 and 58 please?
Field Researcher
#89 Old 12th Nov 2014 at 5:11 PM
Lot 108

First shot. I took one of the lots that was more than half finished (with a general theme and the basics in place), and just cleaned it up.

Also added some additional decor, and added additions to make it more functional.

Link: https://mega.co.nz/#!v4tX3DBS!fhnE67AWQWmOUq5nw0xn6HdxU_baqCwzoW-3BdM4R88
Test Subject
#90 Old 12th Nov 2014 at 7:20 PM
Field Researcher
#91 Old 12th Nov 2014 at 8:54 PM Last edited by simb0t : 15th Nov 2014 at 3:44 PM.
Adding some questions/checkoffs?

I'm working through Sugar Peak up into Simboco, and I've noticed that lots: 111, 97, 96, 95, 93, 90 and 77 appear completed.

Lot #92 (The market) still may need the basement treatment and to be decorated on the first level.
Test Subject
#92 Old 13th Nov 2014 at 5:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simb0t
Adding some questions/checkoffs?

I'm working through Sugar Peak up into Simboco, and I've noticed that lots: 111, 95, 93, 90 and 77 appear completed.

Lot #92 (The market) still may need the basement treatment and to be decorated on the first level.

Adding to this, lots 63, 65, 66, 67, 68 and 70 also appear to be finished.
Field Researcher
#93 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 4:53 AM

So, I posted one lot on Mega, and I'll complete a few more tomorrow, but a quick question on delivery. The first lot I exported to the bin, and copied the .package file (from the Library folder). Since I'm sticking to base game + expansion items, I think this is sufficient. Right?
Scholar
#94 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 11:17 PM
I'm working on the apartment in # 8 but I did it all bright and shiny and then realized it is supposed to be more low class/faded. So, I'll re-vamp and then submit it.
Field Researcher
#95 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 5:06 AM
Lot #97 (The Simboco) with very minor tweaks. Added some artwork to the residence, fixed a hole in the roof, and relocated the apartment callbox.

https://mega.co.nz/#!XlkxEDLS!VeMp6nSvJ6A4HFPUm7Xkoxwqc8kKXaCWXKygJyK8E08
Scholar
#96 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 6:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simb0t
Lot #97 (The Simboco) with very minor tweaks. Added some artwork to the residence, fixed a hole in the roof, and relocated the apartment callbox.

https://mega.co.nz/#!XlkxEDLS!VeMp6nSvJ6A4HFPUm7Xkoxwqc8kKXaCWXKygJyK8E08

I noticed that the bed needed to be moved over at Hotel Simboco as well as the call box moved. Currently, the bed is only accessible from one side.
Field Researcher
#97 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 5:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimmyRN
I noticed that the bed needed to be moved over at Hotel Simboco as well as the call box moved. Currently, the bed is only accessible from one side.

Yep! Wasn't sure if the other sim would be able to route there or now, so I just centered the bed and added another side table + lamp in that room.
Field Researcher
#98 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 3:21 AM
Lot 075:

Removed some skip level markers on the upper floors to open up the feeling of a true "walk-up" style buildings with additional common terraces. Minor redecoration of the main unit, relocated items for the lobby.

https://mega.co.nz/#!zxcUXbgR!yu94eyD_mvIR5Qt06_1yO8Yk-awkJ0mrdYdKiccChnA
Scholar
#99 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 2:06 AM Last edited by SimmyRN : 28th Nov 2014 at 5:13 AM. Reason: Posting issue related to Sao Paten?
Lot 8, Rua Sabado Apartment; 2 br 1 1/2 bath apartment. (1 bedroom with double bed, 1 bedroom with bunk beds.) Finished lobbies, placed 8 NPC apartments. Done in a shabby Art Deco style. Furnished: §18,469; Unfurnished: §12,249. See attachments. I hope this is what you had in mind. If not, please let me know and I'll revise the apartment.

Do you want us to post the file to your mediafire account, or to ours?

Started on # 7.

EDIT: I've encountered an usual problem with Sao Paten in that neither the world - or its save - shows on my main game screen IF my store content is installed. (I have no 3rd party CC.) If I remove my store content, the world shows in the "new world" tab and the save game icon displays. I tried downloading another custom world and did not have this problem. It showed in the "new world" tab with all my store content installed. Does anyone know how I might fix this? Thanks in advance for your assistance!
Screenshots
Test Subject
#100 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 10:47 AM
Your work is so awesome, very realistic. I love it.
Page 4 of 16