Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jun 2016 at 3:13 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default My sims can't adopt child because "scripterror" >:(
Whenever I make my sim couple try to adopt a child, the social worker wouldn't come. I have Storyprogression, Errortrap, DebugEnabler, Overwatch, Dexter the Bear (mod), and Register. Each try, Errortrap would delete the social worker, at first Overwatch deletes the vehicle and then Errortrap says something along the line of the social worker's name. I even tried to enable adoption in Storyprogression, but nothing. I hope it doesn't have something to do with custom content and mod conflict. Each attempt would create a "scripterror" file. I'm not sure about my custom content, though, because many CC pieces are nice-looking and I don't want to get rid of them because of a glitch. If you can figure out the root of the problem, let me know.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Jun 2016 at 10:11 PM Last edited by igazor : 4th Jun 2016 at 10:44 PM.
Hi there. The place to get assistance with interpreting NRaas script errors is at NRaas. If you zip some together, upload them to us, and open up a support thread, we can tell you what's going on. We can only guess based on the description provided.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/How+To+Upload
(free registration required to upload and post)

But a few things worth mentioning. First, ErrorTrap does not delete sims. It removes data leftover from sims and objects that are either really no longer in your game/current world or that have become so corrupt that they weren't going to be usable anyway. Lines in ET script logs like "Object Deleted," for example, mean that the object (or sim) already was deleted, and ET is cleaning up leftover and useless shards of data still associated with it.

StoryProgression adoption is for inactive households and takes place off-screen.

The in-game adoption scenario, for both kids and pets, is very fragile and prone to breakage as you have seen, and that's with or without mods. A good way around that is to add MasterController and use its adoption process instead. NRaas > MC > (Sim) > Basic > Adopt. You get to make some age and gender choices, the same experience really, except without the animated social worker (NOT) showing up. The adopted child is instead just added to your household and magically appears.

The last time I wrestled with one of these it was a pet adoption, spent over six hours (no, really) trying to get a puppy away from a pet adoption social worker whom I could see kept appearing in some spot across town and disappearing again, with the puppy. Even back then, I could have reverted and done things the MC way but for some stubborn reason I wanted that exact digital puppy. Was ultimately successful, and I think my sim loved his dog even more for all they/I had to go through to get them together, but I'm not going through that mess again.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 4th Jun 2016 at 10:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Maleficent 1902
Whenever I make my sim couple try to adopt a child, the social worker wouldn't come. I have Storyprogression, Errortrap, DebugEnabler, Overwatch, Dexter the Bear (mod), and Register. Each try, Errortrap would delete the social worker, at first Overwatch deletes the vehicle and then Errortrap says something along the line of the social worker's name. I even tried to enable adoption in Storyprogression, but nothing. I hope it doesn't have something to do with custom content and mod conflict. Each attempt would create a "scripterror" file. I'm not sure about my custom content, though, because many CC pieces are nice-looking and I don't want to get rid of them because of a glitch. If you can figure out the root of the problem, let me know.

Hi Maleficent .. You might want to consider uploading the script errors over at NRaas. Someone over there will read the errors and more than likely be able to tell you why the social worker wouldn't come. See [[http://nraas.wikispaces.com/How+To+Upload|How to Upload]]. You will need to register but that is free and takes little or no time for access.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 4th Jun 2016 at 10:19 PM
Well what a surprise LOL...I bumped into igazor..ha ha.