Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jun 2016 at 7:23 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Missing or corrupt Skuversion.txt
I installed the Crash Log Analyzer to help me find out why my Sims 3 crashes when I try to play it. It's telling me the problem is "missing or corrupt skuversion.txt file for The Sims 3 High-End Loft Stuff". I've already uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it's continuing to tell me it's missing or corrupt. My Sims game comes from Origin by the way, I don't know if that's necessary to know or not. I've been struggling with this for about 3 hours now and I'm near tears. I just want to play my game! Please someone help, I've given myself a migraine over this.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 14th Jun 2016 at 9:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MsApexNightmare
My Sims game comes from Origin by the way, I don't know if that's necessary to know or not. I've been struggling with this for about 3 hours now and I'm near tears. I just want to play my game! Please someone help, I've given myself a migraine over this.

Yes that why your game doesn't have Skuversion.txt, because your game is 1.69, the installation path is also different from 1.67, there were also someone asking about this not long ago, but I don't know if there's solution to this for 1.69.., I'm sorry I can't help you more on this, hopefully someone else is able to help you with 1.69 problem..
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Jun 2016 at 10:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PapaEmy
Yes that why your game doesn't have Skuversion.txt, because your game is 1.69, the installation path is also different from 1.67, there were also someone asking about this not long ago, but I don't know if there's solution to this for 1.69.., I'm sorry I can't help you more on this, hopefully someone else is able to help you with 1.69 problem..

Is there any way I can just completely remove High End Loft and not have to have it to play Sims? I'm at that point where I would rather not have it and just play my game.
Instructor
#4 Old 14th Jun 2016 at 12:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MsApexNightmare
Is there any way I can just completely remove High End Loft and not have to have it to play Sims? I'm at that point where I would rather not have it and just play my game.

In general you should be able to remove any EP from Programs and Features (under Control Panel menu), but since 1.69 has different path in how its installation compares to 1.67 version, I don't really know because I don't have 1.69, hopefully it's the same.