Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 14th Jun 2011 at 5:03 PM
green with envy.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 11:55 AM
Default Lots of emergencies
Quote: Originally posted by Captain THPS4
I've seen some users on the official forums talking about about increased meteor strikes since the latest patch. I kid you not, one person had several meteors strike their lot at once and the explosion was nothing short of epic. Here's a link to the thread with pictures for the lolz: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/386232.page

Still haven't had any meteor strikes in my game, but it's nice to know that it's realistic. I'm sorry for your sim's loss though...that's tragic. I agree about the memories, it does make the sims feel a bit deeper.

I have to agree with Captain. I was playing Generations last night and got hit by not 1, 2, 3 but 4 meteor strikes in a 24 hour period! My sims were outside gazing at the stars when suddenly they noticed it going black. I got my sims off the lot and POW My entire backyard/deck was impacted. 5 firefighters showed up and before the last flame was out another one struck and killed 4 firefighters and my butler.

Then, while my sim was out becoming a partner at the hospital another one struck just before he exited the building. Then the next morning while my daughter was as school another one struck the school.

To add insult to injury later that night my sim was upgrading the solar panels and wind turbines on the lot (4 of each) and 2 of the panels caught fire and 3 of the windmills caught fire.

I have been playing for days with no other incidents and then suddenly in 48 hours I get blasted by all sorts of emergencies. I think my insurance company is going to drop my policy if this keeps up!

Gravity is a farce. The Earth just SUCKS!
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 10:46 AM
My god you all have had such horror stories/amazing stories to share! I've never had any of those things happened to me by chance. I have purposely electrocuted someone, and maybe a stove or two has caught on fire... but nothing on such a grand-scale like that!

I'm not sure if I want the meteors to suddenly come down or not... Now I have mixed feelings about it. xD I would be mad mad mad if it happened to my personal Sims!!!
Test Subject
#29 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 11:18 AM
I've only ever had one. It hit the school and took out three children/teens from my family plus a few others. The sky went dark before it struck and there was a notification about something [I don't think it is explicit though in telling you what is coming]. The sims who died were standing outside but as others have said, I don't think being inside saves them.

They do make for good photographs, but it can also be rather frustrating lol. Especially when your sims are just entering the adult life stages.
Test Subject
#30 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 3:42 PM
Only had one(so far). It happened right when my teens were going to prom. I quickly paused and used reset sim on everyone who came to watch(except for paparazzies,tourists and townies).I think two paparazzies died.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 5:46 PM
Just bought generations and yet to install it - I had no idea it came with meteors! I thought Generations was Imaginary friends and boarding schools and thats about it.

This makes the game a bit more exciting. I don't know about everyone else, but since the Sims 1, my Sims never die before old age. Ever. Its too easy to keep them alive. Even with the odd pregnancy/hunger fail, someone was always around to plead with the grim reaper. More random deaths might make it more challenging, especially with Legacies - you might actually need that spare!

How often do they happen in a normal game? What happens if a community building is damaged, can you repair it?

(What do meteors have to do with generations...)
Test Subject
#32 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 6:48 PM
I think you need Ambitions for meteors they don't come with Generations.
Alchemist
#33 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 7:44 PM Last edited by calisims : 23rd Aug 2011 at 11:33 PM.
Yeah, the meteors come with Ambitions. They happen pretty rarely. But with Generations, people using outdated mods were getting problems with constant meteor strikes.
If your mods aren't out of date, they don't happen very often at all.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 9:10 PM
Oh crap I have both. xD And I think I have a Mod... maybe. Pretty sure I don't. >_>
Alchemist
#35 Old 23rd Aug 2011 at 11:35 PM
It's only outdated mods that caused the incessant meteor strikes. And not all outdated mods, just some.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 24th Aug 2011 at 6:12 PM
Oh. I have had Ambitions for a few months and never had a meteor strike. Disappointing.

Is there are mod that increases the chance of them happening?
Page 2 of 2