Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jun 2016 at 2:47 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Pets
Default Help my sims 3 children
Please help me!! Few months ago I started adding mods Into my game, and when I play my game with any kids in the household they would not walk properly.
None of the other Sims do it just the kids, they stop than walk stop walk stop walk. It takes forever to get them to the place I want!

I did not do much about it the first time it happened, I stoped playing with the kids. But it got really boring without the crazy funny kids.
Please please help me I want the kids to walk run properly again. I did ask my mum about it but she does not play the Sims 3, she told me I might have to take out all my mods to see what made the kids walk like that. And another problem I have been having, when I choose my household I can only have 1 family. if I add a new household that last one gets deleted or something like that.

I have dyslexia and find it all too much to read. Thank you so much for reading till the end, means a lot to me. <3
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 8th Jun 2016 at 4:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lilactimegirl111
I did ask my mum about it but she does not play the Sims 3, she told me I might have to take out all my mods to see what made the kids walk like that.

I bet you have an awesome mum, she doesn't play TS3 but know about its mods.., say hi to your mum for me pls :lovestruc

anyway I think your mum is right, take out all the mods first and try it again, it might be one of the mod, I have "walk don't run mod" and I think the kids in my household also behaving the same way as yours, but I'm alright with that..
Field Researcher
#3 Old 8th Jun 2016 at 8:48 PM
Take out half of your mods. Run the game starting a new town. Is the game working ok now? If it is then the bad mod is in the half of the mods you took out of your game. If not then it's in the half you left in your game. Keep doing this until you figure out which mod is causing the problem.
Alchemist
#4 Old 8th Jun 2016 at 9:27 PM
Your households aren't deleted! Well, not unless you didn't save the game before adding new ones

In TS3 you can only control one family at a time. If you switch to another family, you cannot control the previous one, the game will treat it like any other inactive family (because it is one of them now). If you want, you can switch between families/households like this:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/936498-t...tive-households

As for the mods, the people before me have posted the right way to solve this issue. I think you may have an outdated mod that modifies something about walking? When you find it, make sure to look for an updated version - here is how to find your patch number:
http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/0...me-version.html

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 9th Jun 2016 at 3:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PapaEmy
I bet you have an awesome mum, she doesn't play TS3 but know about its mods.., say hi to your mum for me pls :lovestruc

anyway I think your mum is right, take out all the mods first and try it again, it might be one of the mod, I have "walk don't run mod" and I think the kids in my household also behaving the same way as yours, but I'm alright with that..

Hi @PapaEmy mum here. Sims 2 player. I told her to do a 50/50 like I would do for sims 2 but I told her to ask here since things might be different. She told me she took out some folders and things are playing as they should but she hasn't pin pointed what mod caused it. Thanks everyone for helping her.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~