Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#51 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 6:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyAngua
Is there any variety to the door for the apartments? or are we stuck using the same doors for ultra modern expensive as for trailer park? Thanks for all the info

There is a bit of choice for the doors, but it's mainly the mat that changes. I think it's probably something like 6 or 7 different doors, and 12 or so mats. Will take more notice when I get the game up and running again. I agree with JavaJulie, nothing to fit every kind of decor, I will be waiting for recolours of this

Quote: Originally posted by 1306
How do you have roommates? And are there bugs with roommates?

You click on the newspaper or computer to choose "find a housemate" and a list of possible housemates shows up where you can view their personalities and skills before you choose. You can also place an ad to find a roomie, but I've not tried that yet.

Quote: Originally posted by psivampyr
Here are a few I haven't seen anyone answer-
-Where and how do you get Mr. Butler?
-Is there a really nice big apartment already made in the bin? I've only seen rather small apartments (I haven't really looked inside every building), but I'd think one of the complexes would be large or even a town house with more then 2 bedrooms.
- When you move into an apartment- it says the welcome wagon as come. But I only see a few sims standing in the court yard, but there is no "greet everyone" option. Do I just go socialize as if I already know them?

I've been wanting to play with a really wealthy sim so that's what I'll do when I next fire the game up. Will post some pics of the ritziest apartment I can find I've noticed also that the welcome wagon seems only to consist of people who live in that apartment block, not from other lots. I'll take more notice of this too.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 2:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Moonstream27
when you have the witch selected, click on an empty space of ground, the pie menu should come up with options like, 'go here', 'run here', etc. one of the options is 'magivestigium' click that and she will transport there in a column of gold light.

warning: if u have an evil witch, the magivestigium will make them more good (lovely english, i know). i've only ever used magivestigium within her own apartment, so i'm not sure of the extent to which it will work...maybe he was trying to use it in a zone that's inaccessible? dunno.

THANKYOU!!!!!
Test Subject
#53 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 5:50 PM
How do the puppies work? Can they do anything besides sit and whine? And do they grow up?
Field Researcher
#54 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 5:58 PM
I didn't think they were puppies, I think they are miniature/toy dogs. Small sized breeds that are best for apartments and carrying around in your purse.
Test Subject
#55 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 8:20 PM
Ohh, okay. Thanks!
Mad Poster
#56 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 9:43 PM
A very lame question - but what are the new career tracks in AL?
#57 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 10:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
A very lame question - but what are the new career tracks in AL?

I didn't see any.
Alchemist
#58 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 10:23 PM
There aren't any new career track
Mad Poster
#59 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 11:02 PM
oh - thanks for the reply thou.

Another question - the stage where they perform comedy - how is it built? is it some special thing - or just done with foundation? becaue if you use foundation then it's realy another room - and at least it seems that there is an audience looking at the performances.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#60 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 12:02 AM
It looks to me like it's just a microphone for performing comedy. I've built a community lot where I used a foundation to put all the instruments and the microphone, but I've not actually taken a sim there yet. Will check it out next time I play.

Here's some pics of the poshest apartments I could find. Keep in mind that the furnishings you see here disappear if you actually rent the place
Instructor
#61 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 9:46 PM
Oh I know that apartment. The father with the teen daughter Tara are in that apartment in my game. When we moved in all of the apartment stayed as it is- the only thing that was wonky with the apartment is the second shelf in the purple bedroom was shadowed out- I just deleted it and put in a vanity. I wonder if you all lose your furniture due to something odd. I've moved 3 different families into apartments and none of the furniture has left the lot. One girl I think I moved in, she was a CAS, and it was empty except for the kitchen and bathrooms. I figured it was just empty because in real life you never get a furnished apartment.
Field Researcher
#62 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by psivampyr
Oh I know that apartment. The father with the teen daughter Tara are in that apartment in my game. When we moved in all of the apartment stayed as it is- the only thing that was wonky with the apartment is the second shelf in the purple bedroom was shadowed out- I just deleted it and put in a vanity. I wonder if you all lose your furniture due to something odd. I've moved 3 different families into apartments and none of the furniture has left the lot. One girl I think I moved in, she was a CAS, and it was empty except for the kitchen and bathrooms. I figured it was just empty because in real life you never get a furnished apartment.

The furniture disappearing is definitely intentional - as you say, most apartments in real life are unfurnished when you rent them. The reason for furnishing them at all is so that Townie apartments are furnished when *they* rent them, so that your Sims don't visit their Townie neighbors and have nothing to do or sit on. If you play a Maxis-made family already living in their apartment, they will keep the furniture that they already have; if you move a CAS Sim into an apartment (or move a Maxis Sim out of their existing apartment and into a new one) the furniture will not be there (aside from the things you'd expect to see in an apartment, like appliances and plumbing fixtures).
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 9:56 PM
Has anyone moved a family OUT of an apartment? I'd like to know if they get the cash value of the furniture they bought when moving into the apartment, the same way a sim does when moved out of a house, or if they only keep the amount of money they have available in cash.
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 10:00 PM
I've moved a couple of families out, and I'm pretty sure they just keep the amount of money that's in their family funds at the time, not the value of the furniture. I kind of like that, because you can just stick any furniture you want to keep in their inventory (or sell it off before moving out.) The apartment will revert back to it's original furnished setting, so nobody loses out.
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 10:05 PM
I like that too. Thanks.
Forum Resident
#66 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 10:17 PM
It's the same as if you moved a family out of a house. I do believe that the appliences and such stay though.

~*I'm a she*~
The Booty calls to you, you cannot resist it
I use Target and Kodak Gallery for my pictures, you should too... :D
My MTS2|Livejournal|Yearbook|Facebook
Scholar
#67 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 10:31 PM
I don't know if this is AL, but it has never happened to me before: my toddler just climbed onto the cat's bed and went to sleep.
Top Secret Researcher
#68 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 10:34 PM
That's hilarious, romy! I have to try it.

Alchemist
#69 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 10:36 PM
Romy: That interaction did come with AL. Reading the guide all day pays off
#70 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 10:40 PM
The only problem that i have with AL is that the cam mod that i have(Gunmod)
disabled the 3D View....
I hope someone update this mod...
Thats all...
Scholar
#71 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 10:45 PM
I'm not sure for the money after leaving an apartment because the family have kept all furniture in the inventory (it's a poor family) but I've noted something. A new family begins the game with 20500 § in Belladonna Cove (at least). A little bonus for the life in apartment ?
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 10:51 PM
Mihura: The amount that CAS-created households will receive has indeed been recalculated with AL. I can't remember the specific amounts for each type of family, but it has been posted somewhere here on the board if you hunt around for it. Suffice to say, single sims don't receive as much as a family of four, and so on.

lazzybum - I've just noticed your question. Remember, when you install a new expansion pack, a new desktop icon is produced, so make sure you've re-entered the ' -w' into properties. (If you haven't figured that out already!)
Top Secret Researcher
#73 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HRAKLHS
The only problem that i have with AL is that the cam mod that i have(Gunmod)
disabled the 3D View....
Ah, that's why that doesn't work! Couldn't figure it out.

Anyway, I doubt anyone will update it. And I'd rather have the hack than the 45-degree thing anyway.

Scholar
#74 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 10:56 PM
Oh there is a modulation depending of a the type of family ? She was a simple Sim (and her cat) to test sorcery. I have to create a bigger family to see the difference then but it's a cool trait. Thanks for the explanation.
#75 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Daisie
Ah, that's why that doesn't work! Couldn't figure it out.

Anyway, I doubt anyone will update it. And I'd rather have the hack than the 45-degree thing anyway.

Yeah....i love this mod....
But i would like this button to work anyway..
Page 3 of 10