Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 8:19 PM
Default Random Spouse Uglacy/Prettacy
This challenge is a variation on the http://boolprop.prophpbb.com/topic542.html and the ever popular Uglacy/Prettacy variations on the rules, where one strives to make the prettiest or ugliest sim possible in ten generations.

I enjoy reading Uglacies and Prettacies, but I’ve never gotten far with doing one myself. I suspect that’s because of the available genetic pool. If you use Maxis townies and NPCs, there’s only so far you can go. The sims start looking like the prettier or uglier Maxis templates. I could use custom townies, but that feels almost too easy; load the town with impossibly hideous townies for uglacies or gorgeous townies for prettacies. I propose a version that offers both variety and difficulty: randomly generate the appearance of the spouses for ten generations.

In CAS, create your founder (an Adult or Elder sim of any gender). Feel free to customize this sim as you see fit. Next, while still in CAS, in a break from legacy tradition, you also create the spouse.

The spouse can be any gender too, so long as you’re willing to let them have biological babies with your founder. You may customize everything about this sim, EXCEPT for their facial features (Eye color is fair game, though). You may want to wait to customize the sim until after the randomization of facial features is done.

The easiest way to do this part would be to use https://www.random.org/

To start with:

Roll (1-2)

1. Proceed directly to Step 3 in CAS, using the face randomly generated by the game as a base

2. Open the Sim Bin and count the sims in there (including custom or downloaded sims). Put that number in the number generator, run it, then take the number it gives you to pick a bin sim as a base. Should you roll a sim that would violate a TOU, or seem out of place in the setting, feel free to reroll. Once this is done, proceed to Step 3 in CAS.

____

Now you have a base to start on. You may want to temporarily pick a bald hair, or one that stays out of the face. Next up is randomizing the facial features. Roll on this next list for every single facial feature.

Roll (1-7)

1. No Change: Leave the base feature exactly as is.

2. Slider Values: Input the numbers “-10″ and “10” into the number generator. For each CAS slider: if you get a negative number, click that many times on the left button. For a positive number, click that many times on the right button. For zero, leave the slider untouched.

3. Random Type: Go to http://crimsondaggers.com/forum/thread-1063.html . There will be a lot of random information given there (feel free to use it to help you customize the rest of the sim). What you want is the description pertaining to the facial feature you’re currently using. Use the “Face Shape” description for both the jaw and the face, if necessary.

4. Preset Feature: Above the sliders, there are several preset options. Count them, and roll to pick one. Put it on your sim, and you’re done.

5. New Base, New Slider Values: Randomly select a preset option for your current facial feature and put it on the sim. Next, follow the instructions from #2.

6. New Base, New Feature Type: Randomly select a preset option for your current facial feature and put it on the sim. Next, follow the instructions from #3.

7. Free Choice: You get to customize this feature to your liking!

______

Chances are, the spouse now has a mixed bag of features.

Once you’re done randomizing and customizing, leave CAS. Don’t set the couple as spouses: leave them as roommates. You already have the advantage of a pre-chosen spouse, so you’ll need to bring their relationship up to get them married/to the point where they will woohoo.

Once you’re out of CAS, follow the rules of a normal Uglacy/Prettacy. You need to make sure your sim has at least two kids (for comparison) with the randomized spouse. If the spouse dies before that number is met, you MUST make another randomized sim (in the same way as the previous spouse) in CAS. Move that spouse in, do away with the move-in money (you can use cheats, put objects in a sim’s inventory, etc.). If the previous spouse had a child before dying, that child is still eligible for heir when the time comes and counts towards the two-child minimum.

Sims can remarry and have babies with other sims, but those babies will not be eligible for heir. Adopted children, alien and spawned plantsim babies also do not count. Only the children of the founder/heir and their randomized spouse can become heir.

Once the prettiest/ugliest eligible child is an adult, they become heir. At that point, they need a randomized spouse of their own. Create one in CAS using the same methods as for the founder’s spouse, but take away the move-in money. After that, you’re ready to start the next generation!

This goes on until at least two children of the tenth generation reach adulthood. You may want to continue until you receive a suitably pretty/ugly sim, to show just how far your legacy has come.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 8:00 PM
I am so doing this challenge once my sims game starts working again!! This is amazing! <3 I am so excited. I will post pictures when I can!