Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 1:02 AM
Default can you reset all sims
Hi, I was just wondering if there is any command or program that can reset all sims on a lot to safe positions.
The reason im asking is because im getting 5 second pauses then 1 second running. This isnt graphical/mods/drivers etc, other plots im playing work fine, and during the pauses the anims eg fountains, plumbob run fine its just the sims and the time stops. I did manage to get the sim too china, where it again ran just fine. Also if the game is paused everything is smooth.
This has happend too me before,, when it turned out too be a pathing issue, because a sim had walked off the side of a bridge and was floating in mid air. Once he was reset the game ran fine. So im assuming the pauses where related too the game trying to path said sim and never managing it.
I have already spent over 2 hours searching the map for a problem sim, with no luck. But I suppose it could even be under the map!
So anyone have any ideas? other than a restart.
Thanks
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 1:34 AM
Type resetsim * into the cheat box. Do remember that this will also affect working sims, labouring sims etc... don't do it if any of your simmies are doing anything important.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Nov 2010 at 11:40 AM
Thanks for the help Whiterider. I did think of useing a wildcard but tried * *. Although resetsim * did work it didnt fix my problem. Eventually I found and installed "NRaas_Overwatch" program which deleted over 2500 cars! as well as other problems, This fixed the stutter issues. Unfortunatly I have also discoverd another problem, I cannot start a new game on the new city map! as soon as i try and move anyone into a house I get a CTD. Works fine on all other maps, and i can play my games that I already made on the new map. So looks like i will try a complete uninstall and start again, again. Maybe in a week or so, trying to get the game to run oes wear me down very quickly.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#4 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 6:24 AM
On the Sims reset:
twallan's mods may have a different approach - via City Hall on MasterController (IIRC) or if you have Awesomemod, again different codes (don't remember, sorry). Same warning applies - make sure Sims are not doing anything that would break game if reset.

On the CTDs:
Before starting a new Late Night game, rename The Sims 3 folders or at least move the Library folder out of there.
If you rename, you don't need to remove any caches, if you move the Library folder, just Game_Help:Sims_3_Delete_Cache_Fileswiki, to be thorough.

And when you load Bridgeport, before you do anything, check the map view for gray Lots as per this thread in Discussion Sims 3 Late Night Crash Fix.
If not exactly on that plot of land or address, look for any Lot that is occupied by any Ambitions RabbitHoles/Profession-related Lot. You need to bulldoze this Building and/or Lot and save the game.

Any new Bridgeport game can use this as a "default" so you don't need to redo these steps all over again.
Test Subject
#5 Old 16th Jul 2015 at 7:46 AM Last edited by BensonLam : 16th Jul 2015 at 10:37 AM.
Work perfect it works
Screenshot:

Finally,I can fix the stuck problem by this so I can have a long play- see in screenshot
Test Subject
#6 Old 16th Jul 2015 at 10:38 AM