Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jul 2013 at 1:44 PM Last edited by FurDesign : 25th Jul 2013 at 5:11 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, University Life, Island Paradise
Default No music in from speakers, just waves??
Hi everyone,

- I created a disco club with speakers on the walls (yes, from the community lot catalog) and theres no music when my sims visit the place. Just i see waves coming out of them.. I choosed my own music though. What can be my problem??
- Also theres no any bartender or security guard front of the door...

- AND my nightclub is way too bright (strange shiny white light in some area's). I know i covered the whole club with that amazing reflective mirrorfloors and a few lights and that might be the problem (it is a crystal club, so hey it have to in there) But anyone has a tip to make that white light less, its killing my eyes!
Edit: FIXED! It was because of the strobe light, didnt know those were pretty blinding you.. never gonna use them again

* about the bartenders and bouncers i heard i have to wait at least 1 sim-day sometimes, but i wrote it down here, cause maybe theres a connecton with the speakers not working, dont know.. -_-
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 26th Jul 2013 at 10:08 PM
no one
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#3 Old 27th Jul 2013 at 2:29 AM Last edited by porkypine : 27th Jul 2013 at 5:13 AM.
For sims 2 I know how to handle the music but the sound files aren't obviously located in TS3. My music folder only has settings files but no sound so TS3 must hide them someplace I am not seeing right now.

Ok, Where did you put your music files?

I'm blind here so I'll give you the standard troubleshooting steps --- Try loading the game without cc to see if something is interfering with them, exit without saving so your game isn't messed up. add a handful of cc at a time until it breaks. Also, is 'music' sound turned off in your game options? Check through the options panel.

edit: Mikey gave me this link to a thread discussing music problems for another user. Please read through it to see if anything there can help you.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=405017
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 27th Jul 2013 at 7:07 PM
Ill move my sim soon to that club again and see if it works now. Cause sometimes its working and sometimes not, also in my sims houses it happend. When i openend the stereo in my sims house on 'my music' it worked. it may have been cause i added the music in the folder while i was still playing, dont know for sure if it directly plays it or not, althought i remember i could dot his before. But like i said, ill try it again and play a few days more, also to check if theres any bartender now thnx