Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd May 2016 at 8:36 AM
Default Double Palm Resort (Maxis Rebuild)
This is what I've done to the Double Palm Resort. It's been rebuilt from the ground up. The lot has a restaurant, gym, tv room / arcade, pool, spa, bbq, sauna and massage tables.
Advertisement
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#2 Old 23rd May 2016 at 1:46 PM
It's great to see you posting here before uploading

I think the exterior of the hotel would be greatly improved with a different wall treatment. Why not explore the brick section or paint? Always ensure you have popped some terrain paint under trees and shrubs and areas where sims walk for added realism. I'm not sure the thatched roof works on such a large building.

Internally, most of the bedrooms are too large, so I would either reduce their size or add in some furniture and deco items. The bathrooms are far too large as well, in my opinion. The use of the same carpet looks wrong too, I'm afraid. Why not use one floor covering for the communal spaces and a different one for the bedrooms.

The dining room needs a couple more tables to fill it up too or divide it up using planters and half walls for instance. How about some curtains for the windows? Also I would choose a darker base for the table so that it matches the chair leg colour better. The corridor to the pool area is very empty. An you only have one small spiral staircase for the whole of the venue! I would swap it out for a sweeping M&G staircase. The hallway could be widened by making the bedroom area smaller and reconfiguring the upper floors.

The TV room doesn't look right with all the chairs lined up like that. I would group them more informally around the TV. The slot machines would be better in a different area as they don't belong in a lounge area.

I think that's all I have to suggest at the moment. Let's see if anyone else has some more or different ideas for you to try Don't forget to post your updated pictures here before you upload too

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 23rd May 2016 at 4:27 PM
The outside looks tropical, though, which I don't think brick would.

The thing with the carpets is a regional taste difference, I think - if a building is carpeted, I expect it to be carpeted the same all over, for unity; but I have relatives in a different part of the country who give each room a different carpet, which I just think looks weird.

A compromise position might be to have different kinds of floor treatment in different spaces - like hardwood in public use areas and carpet in private guest spaces, for example. You see that sort of thing in hotels all the time. Floors that are likely to be messy (like kitchens and bathrooms) need floors that repel damp, like tile, stone, or poured.

The interior looks dark to me. I'd go for more bright colors and tropical themes in the walls and floor treatment. I agree that the bathrooms are too large (you don't have to fit in pottychairs and litterboxes, or wash the dog, in them, after all) but don't agree that the bedrooms are, though in some of them there is wasted space. You could probably fit in another suite with a more efficient floorplan, though. Balconies in at least some of the suites would be appropriate and give the exterior more visual interest. And yes, more stairs.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#4 Old 24th May 2016 at 8:40 AM
From the viewpoint of a player who love to send Sims on vacation, I don't think the bedrooms are too large; space is needed not only for the guests but also for the guy delivering room service and the housekeeper. And I hate it when the Sims keep bumping into each other and lose their way/
I do have a problem with the empty space around the stairs. A staircase can be a feature, I think.
I agree with Peni that it is a bit dark. I also like the idea of balconies.
As for the walls: living in a subtropical area myself, between the equator and the tropic of Capricorn - log cabins are found at many holiday venues, but stone, bricks and concrete are used far more often for hotels; and will probably be used even more due to saving the trees campaigns in future. So what you find in one tropical area of the world would not necessarily be the same in another.
It is a pretty lot, so I will keep an eye for the upload
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th May 2016 at 6:05 AM
Version 2.

The lot now has better staircase. The gym has been removed and replaced with another hotel room making a total of 7 rooms. Bathrooms are smaller. Pinball machines removed.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#6 Old 27th May 2016 at 3:21 PM
The hotel is much improved now I don't think the ceiling texture works though. Also that huge expanse of brown patterned carpet is very jarring to the eyes, especially on the ground floor. Why not make the entranceway and booking in section tile so that it leads onto that area?

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Test Subject
#7 Old 27th May 2016 at 4:34 PM
I like your house Sims 2 I really like your house