Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Aug 2009 at 2:08 AM
Default Clean Installer not working
I have just downloaded CleanInstaller for the first time. I downloaded it to the desktop and double clicked to start it. I pressed 'run' on the next screen, but then it came up with a message:

'Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.'

What does this mean and how can I fix it?
(Sorry if I'm being a noob )

Thanks
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 22nd Nov 2009 at 11:20 AM
I don't really have any ideas, but maybe you can look on the proper Clean Installer website now, since i'm guessing they have a FAQ page? The only other thing i can think of is are you the administrator , or just a guest, or a secondary account, on your computer? I don't know if this would be a problem, but it might be the reason?

Just trying to help!
Test Subject
#3 Old 28th Nov 2009 at 9:51 PM
did you install the .net thing that the website told you to go to? go to the help section download FAQs and look in downloading for fracking geniuses and go to the clean install link and read on the page, it will then redirect you to microsoft to download the program you need :D

silence is golden. duct tape is silver.
Test Subject
#4 Old 16th Dec 2009 at 5:03 PM
I installed it, and everytime I try to use it, it asks me to install it. It's annoying
Test Subject
#5 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 9:05 PM
I have the same problem. I try downloading off The Sims 2. :'( Then that message appears before the download even finishes.