Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 1:01 AM Last edited by ajy0903 : 2nd Jul 2013 at 12:15 AM.
Default Question about creating and recoloring the maxis default doors.
Hello.
I have question about creating and recoloring the maxis default doors.
I have used SimPE to recolor the maxis default door and successfully done it.
After I applied to game, I see they showed up like 3 attachment of screen shot.
Door that has * mark and red box around it is my recolor of that door.
And it shows up to the maxis default doors?
And maxis default doors show up in my recolored door?
Is there way for me to remove my recolored door from maxis default door and remove maxis default door from my recolored door catalog?
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 1:38 AM
The third door in the catalog is a clone, you can tell by the little * in the bottom corner. Right now you have a new cloned door that must have new GUIDs to be able to show and not replace the original, but since the recolors apply to both you may have the internal file name the same. So were you trying to recolor the EA doors or create a new door? If your trying to recolor I suggest you go through this tutorial, http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=102356. If your trying to clone and make a new door then I can find you a different tutorial and move this thread to object creation.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 2:17 AM
Quote:
The third door in the catalog is a clone, you can tell by the little * in the bottom corner.

Yes, I do.

Quote:
Right now you have a new cloned door that must have new GUIDs to be able to show and not replace the original, but since the recolors apply to both you may have the internal file name the same.

Yes, I have done that. Oh, really? I didn't know that. What I did was as you said, I cloned door as new objects, put new GUIDs, and only added my ID of site to the internal file name that I might be uploading. And what you mean by internal file name is same? Then, how do I suppose make recolors not to apply to maxis default doors, but only to mine that I have cloned/made?

Quote:
So were you trying to recolor the EA doors or create a new door? If your trying to recolor I suggest you go through this tutorial, http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=102356. If your trying to clone and make a new door then I can find you a different tutorial and move this thread to object creation.

Ummm.... I'm not sure of what am I doing with it. I'm new to this thing. It would be really good if you can try tell me what am I currently doing, looking at attachments and what am I telling you. I wanted to edit the doors textures like the attachment. I added "Employees Only" sign on those 4 doors. And use default maxis doors of those 4 on the screen-shot, make it as my own mesh, and make it so I can recolor them.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#4 Old 6th Jul 2010 at 4:44 AM
When you clone an object it will have a box pop up for the scenegraph wizard, this is where you put in your unique filename. You could try performing a Fix Integrity and then make sure the name in the box that pops up has like your name and a date in it, this would make it unique from the original door.

Although based on what your doing I would recommend simply making recolors of the original EAxis doors and not cloning, using the tutorial linked above. If your not changing the mesh at all or adding anything to the package it is more logical to make the recolors. And it keeps the downloads folder smaller. =)