Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 3:00 AM Last edited by spladoum : 3rd Mar 2015 at 11:11 AM.
My fail Archer sims - steal them if you want IDC
I wanted them sooo badly for my game. Couldn't find any of them for TS3. I had no idea MTS was so strict, I honestly think half of them don't look too bad (except Pam, sorry). I don't have the patience for taking pictures or editing them further, I've taken too much time on this already. So honestly, if anyone wants to fix these up and claim them as your own to upload I don't care. Kinda thought it would be cool to have my own upload after using this site for all these years, but.. meh. I just want these out there in case anyone else wants them in their game as badly as I did lol.
Sterling and his mom look fine, I think Krieger and Woodhouse look perfect. Will be loads of fun using them in World Adventures.
Screenshots
Advertisement
#2 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 5:18 AM Last edited by fairycake89 : 3rd Mar 2015 at 5:32 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Dobydog
I had no idea MTS was so strict.

Yes they are. I don't think some people realize the amount of work that goes into the uploads that are offered here for people to download.

Quote: Originally posted by Dobydog
I don't have the patience for taking pictures or editing them further,

Ah .. This one. As a creator I find it amusing when people say this because if creators didn't do that 'whole taking pictures and working on our creations for hours thing', there would be no Custom Content for anyone.

Also, I have concluded that you've had your upload rejected - but instead of giving up on your creation why not just try harder and prove to yourself that you can get your sims uploaded? If you wanted them someone else is bound to, so why not see what you can do if you try harder and not let the rejection beat you? There are loads of people here who could and would offer you advice on how to improve your creation, you only have to ask
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 6:27 AM
Did you get a reject slip or a changes required notice-there is a difference. Creator Feedback is a great place to get help with your upload.

Of course if you really don't want to do any more to them you can always upload them to a blog. It's a nice feeling though, getting your upload on MTS.

Edit: I see they are now on CFB. To me they look okay to good, but I'm not a sim maker or a Sims 3 player. Your best bet is to take a close up of each sim so people can really see them.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#4 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 8:13 AM
It is definitely not that easy to get content approved here. Especially not look-a-likes

There are two Archers in CFB currently - here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...ighlight=archer and here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...ighlight=archer

Perhaps they can inspire you?
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#5 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 11:31 AM
Sorry, Dobydog, but uploading the sims to CFF isn't the right way to get around a rejection. CFF is meant to help you improve your work for re-submission.

For future reference, in case you do decide to re-submit:

1. If you're going to submit celebrity or cartoon look-a-likes, there's an expectation of a facial close-up of both your sim AND the character they're meant to resemble. I know that they're stylized cartoon characters, but you still have to do it. I had to do it for Carmen Sandiego, you'll have to do it for the Archer cast.
2. Lighting is crucial for the moderators to see your face sculpting work. Your attached photos are too dark and too distant.
3. Speaking of facial sculpting, it's difficult to see from the distance at which the photos are taken and in the dark lighting, but several of the pictured characters seem to have overly-similar faces. I found this image that shows subtle differences between cast members in eyes/nose/mouth/jawlines. For all we could tell, you may have put in that kind of detailed sculpting work--but without a close, well-lit photo of each sim, we have no way to see it.

It would be a very good idea if you looked at featured Sims downloads, to get a clearer idea of how your sims should be lit and how close facial close-ups need to be.

Strangers in a Strange Land--The Shin Yi Legacy | last updated 3.7.2014
My Simblr | Is probably NSFW
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 5:21 PM Last edited by Dobydog : 3rd Mar 2015 at 5:34 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by spladoum
Sorry, Dobydog, but uploading the sims to CFF isn't the right way to get around a rejection. CFF is meant to help you improve your work for re-submission.

For future reference, in case you do decide to re-submit:

1. If you're going to submit celebrity or cartoon look-a-likes, there's an expectation of a facial close-up of both your sim AND the character they're meant to resemble. I know that they're stylized cartoon characters, but you still have to do it. I had to do it for Carmen Sandiego, you'll have to do it for the Archer cast.
2. Lighting is crucial for the moderators to see your face sculpting work. Your attached photos are too dark and too distant.
3. Speaking of facial sculpting, it's difficult to see from the distance at which the photos are taken and in the dark lighting, but several of the pictured characters seem to have overly-similar faces. I found this image that shows subtle differences between cast members in eyes/nose/mouth/jawlines. For all we could tell, you may have put in that kind of detailed sculpting work--but without a close, well-lit photo of each sim, we have no way to see it.

It would be a very good idea if you looked at featured Sims downloads, to get a clearer idea of how your sims should be lit and how close facial close-ups need to be.

Why did you take the files down here too?! I wasn't trying to get around uploading them. I wanted other people to fix them and upload them if they wanted, because the other person who was making them never uploaded them. I've seen people post files in creator forums before. This is ridiculous. Apparently I need a big reputation here to get around the rules. MTS's downloads are nice and all but if this is how I'm gonna be treated, after what, 8 years? I'm done trying to get them on here. I'll upload them to a site that's not gonna pick on me about lighting. I finished the sims like a week ago, took me hours to get them done and saved and whatnot. You can see their faces well enough to know whether they look like the characters or not. I've seen sims that were supposed to look like someone that looked WAY WORSE than mine, yet they made it. I figured maybe someone would steal them and make the improvements that were necessary, then take credit for it. So at least they'd be out there. But like I said I'll find some other site to put them on. :/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 5:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fairycake89
Yes they are. I don't think some people realize the amount of work that goes into the uploads that are offered here for people to download.

Ah .. This one. As a creator I find it amusing when people say this because if creators didn't do that 'whole taking pictures and working on our creations for hours thing', there would be no Custom Content for anyone.

Also, I have concluded that you've had your upload rejected - but instead of giving up on your creation why not just try harder and prove to yourself that you can get your sims uploaded? If you wanted them someone else is bound to, so why not see what you can do if you try harder and not let the rejection beat you? There are loads of people here who could and would offer you advice on how to improve your creation, you only have to ask

I don't want to try harder, I'm not trying to make this into a hobby. I literally just wanted Archer sims really, really badly because now that WA works on my computer it'd be perfect. Someone else was making them but I don't think they were ever gonna upload them. If they do at any point I'd download theirs because they'd probably be a lot better lol.
Instructor
#8 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 6:07 PM
MTS is my favorite sims site mostly because their rules for uploading an item are so strict - it ensures that the downloads are really good. Do you really think it would be better if they accept absolutely everything and there would be +milion uploads of questionable quality?

I understand that it is not nice to get your upload rejected - my first sim was rejected too and after that it needed changes twice. I was angry at first but when I calmed down I realised that what the moderator said was totally right! So I followed her advice and I was able to make my sim look much muuuuuch better! So the rules have the effect of making the creator better - It makes me sad that you are scolding MTS for that
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#9 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 6:14 PM
Dobydog, the removal is not meant to personally offensive--but the purpose of this forum is to get feedback and suggestions on how to improve your own work, not file share for others to tweak.

You hardly need to be a big name to get your work accepted here--the vast majority of submissions AREN'T by big name simmers. The site, however, has pretty high standards for sims acceptions, and as more than one person pointed out, the standards are higher for celebrity likenesses. Additionally, you submitted a group of sims, which is a very tall hurdle for a first upload. And yes, we DO expect good lighting on your submissions--without it, it's difficult to see the work you did.

In any case, if you are planning to upload your sim set elsewhere and not re-submit here, this topic has served its purpose. Please either PM me or post in Creator Issues if you have any additional questions.

Strangers in a Strange Land--The Shin Yi Legacy | last updated 3.7.2014
My Simblr | Is probably NSFW
Locked thread | Locked by: spladoum Reason: Uploader not resubmitting.