Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#151 Old 20th Aug 2007 at 2:56 PM Last edited by charleeheart : 20th Aug 2007 at 3:49 PM.
Sooo.... when will we know the winners??? And when will the next theme be decided and announced?

*EDIT* Sorry, let me clarify my question. Since the poll for the next theme is already up and running, when will that poll close, and the new theme therefore be decided on and announced?
Advertisement
Instructor
#152 Old 20th Aug 2007 at 3:32 PM
I think they are going to short list some of the submissions and then put up a poll for us to vote for our favorites.

Cogito ergo nupta non sum.
Test Subject
#153 Old 20th Aug 2007 at 8:33 PM
hey ya know who should go out for it Simfanatic3, i cant, i don't really have talent, but if u want to c my houses, go ahead

"No matter how hard or how many times you work at something or anything, it will never be a masterpiece or perfect, it will always be one step short of that."

Created by Me
Instructor
#154 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 12:47 AM
Holy Toledo! That is some amazing work! If only I was talented in Modding, Skinning, etc...

I don't get why so many Simmers hate Marsha Bruenig. She actually grows up to be quite pretty if you allow her to.
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#155 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 3:49 AM Last edited by Phaenoh : 21st Aug 2007 at 2:20 PM.
Ok, now I'm freaking out again. My lot got posted, and I saw it on the main downloads page. Then I went to edit a spelling mistake (their to there) and I can't find it on the downloads page ANYWHERE! Its still in the contest entry area, and on my page, but they both switched positions with other downloads that had been posted after it. Did I do something wrong and WHAT HAPPENED?!? ACK! Did I kill my advertising by being obsessive about grammar!??!

Edit: I found it on page 26, how did it get there?!?! Is there anyway to put it back infront of Aquae Simlis - Roman Fort and behind Fresh-Prince's 2001 Ford Winstar cars (thats where it was originally)?

Re-Edit (I told you I was panicking):Now it has moved to page 31, I looked for a couple of the other entries and found that they are likewise being relocated based on when they were uploaded, not approved. Meaning, the ones that had to wait in the backup are getting unfairly advertised. No one goes back 30 pages to find something new. Is there a way that this can be fixed?
Test Subject
#156 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 6:51 AM
Sadly I dont create... but I look forward to seeing everyones submissions
Lab Assistant
#157 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 9:12 AM
Oh, such a shame I see this totally great new challenge sort of thing right this minute, and not earlier.. Otherwhise I might had sent in something myself, but now I can't wait to see what everyone has been busy with over the month
Test Subject
#158 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 10:38 AM
Sounds cool.

PS You spell PlumbBob with 3 b's, not 2

Hi, I'm M. H. Avril!
Test Subject
#159 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 11:10 AM
This is gonna be awesome! Hmmmmm maybe I will do a ancient roman starter home.
Lab Assistant
#160 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 11:16 AM
It ends tomorrow! Maybe I can make a quick Sim, hehe. Cleopatra...

OMG, how about ASTERIX? He's a comic book character set in Ancient Times!!!!!

See my art here.
retired moderator
#161 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 3:04 PM
Why is it that when I log in as my name, I can only see 21 contest entries and when I log out, I can see 33?
Test Subject
#162 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 7:07 PM
Whooh! Shame I didn't spot this earlier, I just found out, kuz it says "Don't forget tomorrow's the last day" etc etc

The only thing I ever created was an "I heart NY" top... not really medieval, I would say Good luck! I have a question tho, will normal users be able to download all the uploads in this challenge? / Ciao folks.

Varm luft stiger.
Instructor
#163 Old 27th Aug 2007 at 9:28 AM
So when is the winner going to be announced? There are some really great peices out there!
Test Subject
#164 Old 27th Aug 2007 at 1:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phaenoh
Why is it that when I log in as my name, I can only see 21 contest entries and when I log out, I can see 33?

You probably don't have all the expansion packs. Check the filter on the left of the page.
retired moderator
#165 Old 27th Aug 2007 at 3:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simberr
You probably don't have all the expansion packs. Check the filter on the left of the page.

I have all the EPs, but none of the SPs, I'll try that. Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#166 Old 27th Aug 2007 at 3:26 PM Last edited by charleeheart : 27th Aug 2007 at 4:24 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by wndy26
So when is the winner going to be announced? There are some really great peices out there!

Exactly what I was wondering. The contest deadline is a week past now... any word on the results, or even an official decision on the theme for the next one, so we can get started creating?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#167 Old 27th Aug 2007 at 7:05 PM
YYes, there is a link to the poll for next month's theme in the first post; and yes, we're working on getting up a shortlist for exceptionals

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
#168 Old 27th Aug 2007 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
YYes, there is a link to the poll for next month's theme in the first post; and yes, we're working on getting up a shortlist for exceptionals

This should be news, if I wouldn't have checked this thread again I would have never noticed that poll.
Lab Assistant
#169 Old 27th Aug 2007 at 11:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider

I've seen the poll and voted for my choice... I was just wondering when the official announcement will be made, and the new category opened, so we know for definite sure what to create. As it is, it appears Old Hollywood will be the next theme, but when will it be made official?
Lab Assistant
#170 Old 1st Sep 2007 at 3:29 AM
Great Idea!

Resistance is Futile
Test Subject
#171 Old 1st Oct 2007 at 4:30 AM
what do you mean by personally delivered to winners?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#172 Old 1st Oct 2007 at 7:02 AM
Either the prizes are sent by email to the winners (usually for the exceptional ones: the prize in this case is "personalized" with the name of the winner and the contest (s)he got it from) , or they'll receive a PM containing a link to download it themselves.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#173 Old 17th Nov 2007 at 10:26 PM
This is SPLENDID guess I better get my creative skills moving!

♥♥♥ajÖya™
.:Simblr:.
I come from a Kingdom far, far, away...
Lab Assistant
#174 Old 4th Jan 2008 at 9:58 PM
Do all the objects,flooring and anything else u might include have to be custom? Could you use only Maxis stuff thats already on the game and win? Or do u only look for people who have custom content?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#175 Old 4th Jan 2008 at 10:32 PM
sinniti - lots with excessive custom content are actually rather large to download and not necessarily a winner at all. What you -do- in building a creative lot is far more important than packing it with custom content, if you made it or if someone else did.

Now a few well selected bits of custom content, or if there is nothing in game that will really fit - well, then of course, you would probably want to use it. There's no hard and fast rule. What is important - visual appeal, interesting and/or accurate buildings, attention to detail.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Page 7 of 8