Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 5:39 AM
Default I don't really get the genetics of Sims 2
I had Puck Summerdream and Hermia Capp marry (pointy ears all the way!), and they've had two pairs of twins (Hermia's a good cook and loves cheesecake) so far. 3 of the twins have red hair and one of the types of the blue eyes, but I was shocked when the only girl twin has blonde hair! Where did that come from? She's adorable, it was just unexpected. I found out that the little girl's deceased grandmother had blonde hair, could that affect it? She has almost normal ears too, only a touch of pointness.

Also, if you use the mirror to change the hair colour, does it mean that the genetics change?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 5:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ebec17
I had Puck Summerdream and Hermia Capp marry (pointy ears all the way!), and they've had two pairs of twins (Hermia's a good cook and loves cheesecake) so far. 3 of the twins have red hair and one of the types of the blue eyes, but I was shocked when the only girl twin has blonde hair! Where did that come from? She's adorable, it was just unexpected. I found out that the little girl's deceased grandmother had blonde hair, could that affect it? She has almost normal ears too, only a touch of pointness.

So do the parents both have red hair? If they do, one or both of them could be carrying a "recessive" blond gene. Red and blond are equally dominant, so there's a 50/50 chance that a sim with a red and a blond gene would have either hair colour. This would mean that, if Puck or Hermia (or both) has a recessive blond gene, their babies could be blond, like the girl twin :-)

Also, if you use the mirror to change the hair colour, does it mean that the genetics change?

Nope. Using the mirror to change hair colour does not alter a sim's genetics.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 6:04 AM
Thank you I think the one with the recessive blond gene is Hermia
I'm also curious if there is the possibility of having an identical set of twin? All of the ones I've had so far have some differences, but some of them are very close in looks to each other, so it makes me curious.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 6:07 AM
Thank you I think the one with the recessive blond gene is Hermia
I'm also curious if there is the possibility of having an identical set of twin? All of the ones I've had so far have some differences, but some of them are very close in looks to each other, so it makes me curious.

From the research i have done identicals is virtually impossible. The only known set of identical twins would be the Pleasant sisters.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 3:59 PM
I've had Gabe and Alexandra O'Mackey have twin boys that looked so much alike, I was sure they were identical.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#6 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 4:11 PM
If both parents have very similar faces (i.e. if you choose face 1 for both parents) then the offspring will look identical, since they don't really have anywhere to go blending mom and dad's genes.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.