Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 10:37 PM
Is there an expansion pack missing for the sims 2 in your opinion?
I honestly cannot think of one...any ideas???? :p
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 9th Jun 2010 at 10:50 PM Last edited by aUserName : 13th Jun 2010 at 7:06 PM. Reason: missing word
I think they did a really good job picking the eps. They covered a lot of the major categories of life. I've always wanted a kids and parenting type pack.
Test Subject
#3 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 4:51 PM Last edited by kukashi : 10th Jun 2010 at 5:38 PM.
I wish there were teens who could have children.
But they covered a LOT of things, although everyday something new comes out...
They could have done better on designs, hair etc.etc. but excluding that, brilliant.
Instructor
#4 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 5:55 PM
I hate to say it, because I didn't think I liked it in Sims 1...but I kind of miss "Makin' Magic." Sure, we got witches in Sims 2, but there was something fun, kind of Old World-ish about that TS1 expansion that never made its way to TS2.

On the opposite side of the spectrum, I would have liked a Sci Fi/Space age themed expansion. Again, we had elements of that in TS2, but I always wanted MOAR.

(I also miss Claire the Bear. I wish they had brought her back.)

Count no Sim lucky until he is dead.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 6:30 PM
I think all the bases were covered pretty well. I can't actually think of another EP I wish came out.
Quote: Originally posted by kukashi

Get the InTeen!

Twitter | Tumblr | YouTube

28/11/07
Inventor
#6 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 10:09 PM
They should have done a "criminal underworld" type EP. That would have been fun!
Scholar
#7 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 10:11 PM
A space themed one, definitely.

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jodemilo
They should have done a "criminal underworld" type EP. That would have been fun!

I totally agree! Like a mafia expansion!
Scholar
#9 Old 10th Jun 2010 at 10:27 PM

HAHAHA! I'm with you on this one. I was thinking it would have been fun to have a Vegas style option which would go very nicely with a criminal underworld. By Vegas I mean more gambling options as opposed to say strip clubs (which you can already have with the right mods).
Test Subject
#10 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 4:04 PM
Not to sure if this would work best as an expansion or stuff pack, or if it could be tacked on to another expansion, but I would love to have more steampunk stuff, skins, objects, ect although I have found some brilliant steampunk stuff here so it kinda balances out.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 4:15 PM
I'd like an expansion pack with illness and hospitals and stuff. Sure, they get ill, but you can fix it with rest or a bowl of soup. I've been building my sims hospitals since TS1 to go and recuperate in, and I would have liked it if they could actually have some function.
Banned
#12 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 4:41 PM
I think there was a lot of things they could have done, an have done in other formats. One just has to look at all of the mods and custom content which was developed to fill in areas not covered by EA.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kukashi
But they covered a LOT of things, although everyday something new comes out...
They could have done better on designs, hair etc.etc. but excluding that, brilliant.

there is a mod out there for that. My teens have kids and it works brilliantly
Mad Poster
#14 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 9:13 PM
I wish there had been an ep which included the create-a-style function for Sims 3. That would have been WONDERFUL! I think it would be easy to do, and I'm certain there are enough of us TS2-ers out there who would welcome and pay for such a great addition. After the release of TS3, which I hated, I wrote EA and asked them to consider doing something like that for us. I'm still waiting for a reply. But, hey, it's only been a year, and I'm sure they are busy fixing all the bugs in TS3 and trying to recycle old ideas from 1 and 2 and make people buy them YET AGAIN for 3.
Test Subject
#15 Old 11th Jun 2010 at 9:48 PM
Mafia sounds AWESOME!!!! Now I want one... Sorta of an underworld-ish darker things like with serial killers and stuff. :D
Field Researcher
#16 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 4:46 AM
I think most of it is covered. The only thing I wish they actually did a better job with is the Pets. If anything, It'd be interesting to have seen a wildlife expansion.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 12:34 PM
yeahhh i agree with most of you!!!well an expansion for hairstyles and stuff would be great and also the mafia-space thing would be really interesting!!maybe something for elders too cause i find them so boring and there is almost nothing you can do with them :P:P
Inventor
#18 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 1:32 PM
I think with the mafia underground thing I was probably too much influenced by Grand Theft Auto. hehe

Sometimes when I'm playing my seedy downtown hood I keep thinking of the graphics in GTA and wish I could get my hood looking just like that.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#19 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 2:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
I wish there had been an ep which included the create-a-style function for Sims 3. That would have been WONDERFUL! I think it would be easy to do, and I'm certain there are enough of us TS2-ers out there who would welcome and pay for such a great addition.

I'm not trying to be a force of negativity here, but this would be the opposite of easy. In addition to recoding the game to incorporate patterns, EA would have to remap every mesh from every EP/SP (furniture, clothes) and -- assuming you want the CASt functions for hair/skin/eyes -- change the way genetics are handled in the game. Not to mention the fact that all cc meshes and recolors would become instantly unusable. CASt is great, but it is not a thing to want (or expect) to be retroactively implemented in TS2.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 12th Jun 2010 at 4:14 PM
I think evrything has been mostly covered, but if they ever make a new EP maybe they just use it to upgrade or improve different things in the game and add new functional intems.
Instructor
#21 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
I wish there had been an ep which included the create-a-style function for Sims 3. That would have been WONDERFUL! I think it would be easy to do, and I'm certain there are enough of us TS2-ers out there who would welcome and pay for such a great addition. After the release of TS3, which I hated, I wrote EA and asked them to consider doing something like that for us. I'm still waiting for a reply. But, hey, it's only been a year, and I'm sure they are busy fixing all the bugs in TS3 and trying to recycle old ideas from 1 and 2 and make people buy them YET AGAIN for 3.

OR...They could have made TS3 MOAR like TS2 (and not the craptastic abomination they tried to shove down our throats).

My perfect Sims game is a Frankenstein mixture of TS2 and TS3.

Count no Sim lucky until he is dead.
Test Subject
#22 Old 16th Jun 2010 at 11:17 PM
I also think mostly everything has been covered. But like an expansoin with lots of new interactions and relationship statuses. Like have the "badboy" or the "cheerleader" and not only let them have the cloths but like the personaltiy. I think that would be pretty cool
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 3:46 AM
All about ancient with new supersim named anubis, where your anubis sim can turn annoying default townies to university zombie or anubite and new sub neighborhood time machine,where you can explore ancient age without meet future sims at your main neighborhood,similiar with sims 3 first expansion pack,hope maxis think again for make new expansion pack for sims 2.
Inventor
#24 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 4:20 AM
Just thought of another EP they could have added - "Extreme Habitats" - where sims could have a choice of living in various types of environment - eg, Waterworld, somewhere in space, the Arctic circle like eskimos, etc etc. With the Waterworld one they could have introduced sailable watercraft (one thing I wish they had in Sims); with the space one they can fly around in spacecraft and mate with PROPER aliens (ie, squidgy ones with 10 legs) and in the arctic circle they can have polar bears and seals as pets, fish from holes in the ice and ride around in sledges pulled by huskies.

Instead of going on vacation they could fly in planes that crash in remote places where the only way to survive is to eat eachother, like that film "Alive".
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 17th Jun 2010 at 4:44 AM
Just thought of another EP they could have added - "Extreme Habitats" - where sims could have a choice of living in various types of environment - eg, Waterworld, somewhere in space, the Arctic circle like eskimos, etc etc. With the Waterworld one they could have introduced sailable watercraft (one thing I wish they had in Sims); with the space one they can fly around in spacecraft and mate with PROPER aliens (ie, squidgy ones with 10 legs) and in the arctic circle they can have polar bears and seals as pets, fish from holes in the ice and ride around in sledges pulled by huskies.

Instead of going on vacation they could fly in planes that crash in remote places where the only way to survive is to eat eachother, like that film "Alive".

Don't forget to meet pollination tech who make your muscular male sim pregnancy.
Page 1 of 4