Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 8:08 PM
Default Courting the Cow
So during my romance sims 2nd year of college I decided to move him and his twin brother into their own place. I forgot to lock the door and wouldn't you know that cow comes along. Her first action hit is to hit on my romance sim. Now normally I utterly detest the cow,but Khalil is not particularly discriminating. So I'm now determined to have him win her over. They have one lightning bolt for each other and can engage in conversation.

Unfortunately her programing as super-cranky heifer is making this difficult. Every now and again while they were talking she kept canceling the conversation to do evil-cow mascot type things finally shoving him and making him furious. I told her to leave.

She did seem to actually enjoy the conversation and did not seem to enjoy following her programing. Before each of her mean actions she gave me that look that sims give you when they don't want to do what you've told them.

I'm determined though that the cow should end up in his bed. The question is how? I'm not interested in using cheats, I want his actions to win her over not the tombstone of LD. I'm planning to start them on the phone (assuming she has a phone). This way her psycho behavior can't interuppt the rapport they are building.

Any strategy suggestions or stories from people who have pulled this off would be much appreciated.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 8:11 PM
Phone will work. In Uni, you can call any sim at all in the neighborhood using the "campus directory" option.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 9:07 PM
I was going to say ACR, but if you don't have any interest in hacks, I think the phone will work. Just keep on calling her until you have a friend/best friend thing going on. Then invite her over and do a romantic action RIGHT away.

Think about it
My Journal/Legacy
Scholar
#4 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 9:57 PM
Once they are officially friends you should also be able to prank the cow. Sounds weird but they are super playful so they actually like being ventrilofarted but it's easiest if they are friends first. Hot tubs are also a big plus for any relationship. If your romance sim is platinum and has enough points to get the hot tub of love that might work as well.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 11:02 PM
Junglewildchild- I have nothing against hacks, just cheats. I do use ACR and InTeen. I'm not against mods that expand the game or make it more sensible or logical just things that take out the challenge in it. Like I wouldn't want to make them instant loves.

Clashfan-good lookin' out on the hottub I had forgotten that it existed. I was also thinking of using those riduclous cool shades.
Undead Molten Llama
#6 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 6:55 PM
If you have Freetime and the Sim in question has earned the full row of Romance aspiration benefits, then Smooth Talking her should win her over pretty quickly. I've never seen a Sim who can resist it. Even mine who have no nice points and are very shy have been won over by a persistent Smooth Talking Romance Sim.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 12:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
If you have Freetime and the Sim in question has earned the full row of Romance aspiration benefits, then Smooth Talking her should win her over pretty quickly. I've never seen a Sim who can resist it. Even mine who have no nice points and are very shy have been won over by a persistent Smooth Talking Romance Sim.

I've had Don Lothario do that to Cassandra when she caught him flirting with Dina. Basically it gives a HUGE boost to relationship score.

No doubt a Romance Sim needs that if he doesn't want his trash can knocked over on a regular basis....
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 2:03 PM
Thanks guys, about the Smooth Talk-he just got it. Will definitely have him try it.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 10:04 AM
I use the chessboard, ask to join.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 12:14 PM
A cow in my bed? Doren, have you thought it over?
Mad Poster
#11 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 12:57 PM
If a cow gets in my Sim's bed, a radio appears out of nowhere and my Sim turns it on....
Field Researcher
#12 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 3:44 PM
" Now normaly, i utterly detest the cow" was that pun intentinal??

www.thelongaliens.livejournal.com *updated 7-13-11* please leave a comment if you read it!
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 8:33 PM
Clashfan- Cow doesn't appear in his list of acquaintances

Lili975- I tried the chessboard first no matter how even with an LTR above 40 I don't have the option to invite her to play.

Nalia- I have long and hard. Not only is this neccessary, but I'll be needing documentation in the way of pictures.

AlexanderSpears- Really?

Amyandmia- Ya' got me bad puns are my specialty.

Thanks for the suggestion guys. Sim State is coming up in my rotation this weekend so I'll be trying these other suggestions then. I'll update when I can, hopefully with pictures.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 12th Aug 2010 at 11:13 PM
..I'd rather feed the cow to its favorite plant: The cow plant.

ENTJ