Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 6:45 PM
Default Live Long & Prosper
The other day while finishing up a challenge, my last Sim turned out to be the longest living Sim I've ever had without help from age cheats, Elixir of Life, the genie lamp or any other items that lengthen life or motive cheats.
I'm wondering how long anyone else has managed to keep a Sim going without cheats or helps from birth (or infant spawn).

Meet Jorje Chen:

Jorje was spawned as an infant in my latest Orphanage Challenge attempt. He was either green or gold at most of his growth changes, except he was platinum when he turned Elder.
He maxed all 7 skills, along with Fire Safety, Couples Counseling, Parenting, Anger Management, Physiology -- all of them. He, also earned the gold badges in fishing, sewing, robot making. He was up to the Silver Pottery Talent Badge when he passed. He received a few plaques, too, but I can't remember them all offhand -- the Music and Dance one, Games? and Culinary.
His favorite autonomous activities were playing the piano and chatting online. Occasionally if he was in the mood, he'd go fishing on his own, too.
Before turning Elder he reached his LTW of becoming the Head of SCIA in Intelligence, second LTW of becoming a Mad Scientist in Science and had just stated his third LTW of becoming Chief of Staff in Medicine. He reached that as an Elder and went on to hit the Top of Career in the Senior tracks in: Business, Architecture, Medicine (again), Law, Adventure, Law Enforcement, Music, Dance, Military and Journalism. He was in the Gamer track when he died of old age.
Right after he turned 84 days old, coming home from work with a promotion to Button Masher, Grimmy came a-calling.

I tried keeping this guy as happy as possible to see if I could get a Sim to live to 90. Has anyone managed that without cheats, etc??? He outlived everyone else on his lot, along with all former housemates and most of his friends on other lots.

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 6:54 PM
Awesome Sim!
i never had before. Good job! XD

Lemme be yo sledgehammer
Field Researcher
#3 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 8:14 PM
I got sim to the middle of Adulthood. Thats the longest one of my sims live before I forget to feed them
Instructor
#4 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 8:45 PM
I have to admit, my Sims are addicted to the Elixir of Life. I get terribly attached to my Sims...Seeing them die really makes me feel bad.

Good work with Jorje Chen.

Count no Sim lucky until he is dead.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 10:44 PM
My longest was 80 days. But that was a spoiled perma-plat grandma family sim who had 6 children, 3 graduated college, reached the big anniversary, and had a whopping total of 15 grandchildren. This was part of the longest legacy you'll ever play.

Think about it
My Journal/Legacy
Instructor
#6 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 1:47 AM
I have had sims who've lived very long lives. I think the oldest one was 86--with absolutely no age hacks whatsoever. My daughter says one of hers lived to be just over 90, but I've never witnessed this in any of my sims. We were just talking earlier today about this, actually because I was wondering the same thing: what is the longest possible natural lifespan of a sim?
Field Researcher
#7 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 1:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by M3g7e
I have had sims who've lived very long lives. I think the oldest one was 86--with absolutely no age hacks whatsoever. My daughter says one of hers lived to be just over 90, but I've never witnessed this in any of my sims. We were just talking earlier today about this, actually because I was wondering the same thing: what is the longest possible natural lifespan of a sim?
I saw a 108-year old one...

Some are only 9 days old (I think it was in Pleasantview)
Meet Me In My Next Life
#8 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 5:07 AM
Oh my Goodness ! You are very "BRAVE" to let your sims live that long. Me, Myself, and I, oh yeah and my shadow have a "Very Hard" time letting my sims get to the elder stage. The sims in my game that are elder was already elder to start with, maybe I will try this with Old Mortimer Goth who should have been dead a long time ago like around 2006.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Inventor
#9 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 5:20 AM Last edited by anothereyjana : 14th Aug 2010 at 5:24 AM. Reason: whoops, sorry
Quote: Originally posted by Yukkuri Shiteite ne
I got sim to the middle of Adulthood. Thats the longest one of my sims live before I forget to feed them

Mine tend to be less because I forget to feed them, and more because "game go boom." (Seriously, I think I'm on my fifth re-install in less than a year!) I think the longest any in-game born sims of mine have lasted was the first few days of childhood.

As for natural lifespans, I have heard that the 108 day one was a glitch (the pic is posted in the "bloopers and glitches" thread in the pic section of this site, afterall). I really don't know how many actual days old any given one of my sims are, since I use individual aging hacks on them, to "give them more time." One of these days, I'm just going to have to challenge myself, create a hood where there is absolutely no use of aging cheats or hacks, and see how it goes.

Also, congrats on your fantastic sim, Deatherella. Sounds like he was one hell of a sim who lived an incredible life, even by the out-there standards of sims. Here's to you, you amazing little pixel man!
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 5:24 PM
I didn't know about the 108 day old one. I usually just ignore or kill off any passing elders in my hoods. You and your daughter did good M3g7e.

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Field Researcher
#11 Old 15th Aug 2010 at 3:07 PM
My longest was 86 days.

When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect...Hungry
Forum Resident
#12 Old 15th Aug 2010 at 3:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by M3g7e
We were just talking earlier today about this, actually because I was wondering the same thing: what is the longest possible natural lifespan of a sim?

In twojeffs's description of a mod, he described elder spans as:

There was apparently supposed to be some randomness built into the base elder lifespan, it should be a random 10-20 days + the aspiration bonus of -2 to +10 days for a range of 8-30 days. But it's not random as all and is always 20 days and then the asp bonus/penalty is applied for a 18-30 day range.
Instructor
#13 Old 15th Aug 2010 at 7:23 PM
I had a sim called Lily Long who lived for 83 days. I was very surprised - she'd lived quite a hectic life including having a successful affair, illegitimate child, twins, another child, twin alien babies from illegitimate child, and 7 grandchildren from her other children who all lived in the same house.