Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 8:42 PM
Default Low environment level for no reason?
I recently built a new room in Sims 2 and for some reason I get a bellow average envionment level whenever a Sim is in there. I don't know why this is, theres plenty of windows, 3 paintings (2 of which are 10 environment) sculptures etc. I just don't know what the problem is every other room in my house is fine. Is there any known issues out there that can affect your environment, can anyone spot anything that might be causing this? Oh yeah the environment level is usually lower than in the screen shot aswell.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 8:53 PM
I had a room like that in one of my houses and while trying to isolate the problem area, I somehow fixed it. What I did was divide the room up with a few walls to make the areas smaller then have a sim go to each area to see where the low environment score was. Well, each area had a perfect score, so I took down the walls and then suddenly that room, with everything just as it was before all that, had a great environment score.

I have no idea. But maybe try that. And I'll be watching this thread in case anyone else has any suggestions because I have another room in that same house with the same issue but the building walls thing didn't work for it.

kittens!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 9:11 PM
What wickedblue said - only use tiny step-over-able fences so you can just tell the sim to Go Here, rather than having to pick them up and put them back down (or put in doors).

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wickedblue
I had a room like that in one of my houses and while trying to isolate the problem area, I somehow fixed it. What I did was divide the room up with a few walls to make the areas smaller then have a sim go to each area to see where the low environment score was. Well, each area had a perfect score, so I took down the walls and then suddenly that room, with everything just as it was before all that, had a great environment score.

I have no idea. But maybe try that. And I'll be watching this thread in case anyone else has any suggestions because I have another room in that same house with the same issue but the building walls thing didn't work for it.

Thanks for the response, I'll give it a try and see what happens, thanks again.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 9:47 PM
Oddly enough it worked, I just took out a chunk of wall and rebuilt it and it fixed it, strange. There are quite a few glitches in this game, I hope they have ironed them out in Sims 3. Cheers and thanks again.
Theorist
#6 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DarkWisdom
I hope they have ironed them out in Sims 3.

No they haven't. Each TS3 patch fixes some things and breaks others.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 10:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shoosh Malooka
No they haven't. Each TS3 patch fixes some things and breaks others.
I remember when everyone was angry at EA for breaking CAW XD
Inventor
#8 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
What wickedblue said - only use tiny step-over-able fences so you can just tell the sim to Go Here, rather than having to pick them up and put them back down (or put in doors).

Oh, hey, good idea. Geez I can be dense sometimes.

kittens!