Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Apr 2015 at 9:02 PM Last edited by cord11 : 12th Apr 2015 at 12:32 AM.
Default A Vertical farm, feedback would be useful.
Since the theme for April is eco friendly living I decided that a vertical farm would be a great idea for an upload. This is what i have so far, but I don't know what to put outside the tower, and I was wondering how can community lots have ready to harvest produce like this lot http://modthesims.info/d/303911

also would using the harvest able trees extracted form castaway stories be against site rules? only wondering since there's a lot that uses pet stories stuff here on Mod the sims http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=542892

any feedback on how to improve the lot would be useful, thanks

Edit: is this the wrong place to post for feedback of planed uploads? was this supposed to go into the creator feedback section that I didn't find at first? should it be moved?

2nd Edit: removed attachments, check posts below.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Apr 2015 at 7:11 AM
I'd see if there's any way to have the greenery more visible on the outside of the building... as-is, it's hard to tell from the outside that there's so much going on behind those windows! Ivy along the walls might work, or shrubbery and small trees on some of the balconies... I'd also use a couple floors for things other than planting- maybe a coffee shop or a nature-themed lounge area, just so Sims have something else to do besides just gardening here.

Also, not a comment on the building, but it looks like you're using the in-game snapshots for your images, which gives you really really small images, and makes it kind of hard to see what you've created! There are other snapshot programs out there, or you can just take the simple approach (like I do! ) and use PRINTSCREEN to copy your current image to the clipboard, and then use whatever photoediting software you like to touch it up- that way you get a nice big image, and we can see more of what you've done, and give you better feedback!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 10:27 AM
thanks for the advice, I've added more plants, put lights in, and added some tables to the roof. the only problem now is that Print screen doesn't pick up The Sims 2, I always get a picture of the desktop and and any windows open on it, anyway to fix this? it's Windows 7 by the way.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 5:27 PM Last edited by Zarathustra : 11th Apr 2015 at 5:55 PM.
Hmmm... I'm still on Vista ( ), so I don't know if it's your OS that's giving you trouble, but I know that lots of other users have other free programs that they use for their screenshots. (Print Screen always works for me, so unfortunately I can't help you much there) I think there's links to a few of them in the Screenshot Guidelines section of Creator Guidelines, and if not, plenty of people in the TS2 Forum would be happy to point you in the right direction!

EDIT: Also, you'll probably have better luck (meaning more people seeing this thread and commenting on what you've got) if you can convince a mod to move it over to the Creator Feedback Forum, instead of here... I have a feeling not that many people look at this forum!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 12:00 AM Last edited by cord11 : 17th Apr 2015 at 7:42 PM.
I found out that launching the game through steam will allow the steam overlay, and screenshot tool, to work

now I need someone to test the lot for how it will work, lot made with UC. included is several of iCad's Lots O' Clapboard Siding found here http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=514627
not included is a fix for floating plants placed on floors above the first http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=229680 by mike_1102, this is what I need tested for what happens without it.

now to ask a mod to move this, and playtest myself in a copy. sorry if the combined size of the pictures is too much.

Edit: I've uploaded it now to wait........ why must time be so slow :D