Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!

Sims 2 Mod and GUID Checker Tool v1.3 <- unsupported

SCREENSHOTS
Downloads 160 Thanks  Thanks Favourited 60,149 Views
Uploaded: 29th Sep 2005 at 12:24 PM
Updated: 24th Dec 2006 at 6:56 PM - Obsolete
*** I've marked this unsupported because I don't intend to improve it. Please use an alternative. I'm currently using the HCDU at simwardrobe.com for this purpose. Note to any mods: feel free to archive this thread. Thanks. ***

Here's another console app that helps modders find conflicts. I've been using this for quite some time, but it's been a while since I made a proper update.

This program checks for global resource conflicts in your package file mods. Also checks for GUID conflicts.

To check your files, copy the d2Check.exe file to your "My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads" folder (or wherever you put Sims 2 mod files) and double-click on it there.

To send the output of this program to a file, specify the output file in the command. To do this from a command shell, for example, type:

d2Check output.txt

The above will produce the output of this program into a file called "output.txt" (which you can examine later with any text editor).

To check for object GUID conflicts, run d2Check in the same folder as your object package files.

To check for GUID conflicts with default objects, copy the objects.package in your "Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\Objects" folder to some other folder along with the object packages and this program, then run d2Check.

If you run into conflicts in Merola's objects like:

"Type = 4D453634, Group = 4D453634, Instance = 4D453634 in file ME_MultiPainting.package"

Just be aware that the above instance is just Merola's signature resource (which is quite non-standard) and it will appear to conflict with every other Merola object for that reason.