Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Nov 2016 at 5:33 AM Last edited by Alexishere13 : 12th Nov 2016 at 7:15 PM.
Default [PLEASE ANSWER ASAP] Is it possible, with SimPE, to make a pre-OFB mod work with post-OFB Sims 2 games?
I'm trying to get the "Let Slobs Be Slobs" mod ( http://moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/i...hp?topic=1303.0 ) to work post-OFB. I tried opening and re-saving it in SimPE but it didn't seem to help. Is there a way, using SimPE, I can get this to work with the Mansion & Garden stuff pack?
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 12th Nov 2016 at 11:24 AM
Well, the issue will be that the BHAVs in the mod are based on the pre-OfB versions of those BHAVs, so they're missing things that are required for the interactions to work in OfB+.

Essentially, there are two possible ways to fix it: either compare CBOY's BHAVs to the equivalent EA BHAVs from the most recent EP you have, and copy over the EP changes and additions to CBOY's BHAVs; or, figure out which bits of CBOY's BHAVs are actually implementing the slobbiness, and copy those changes and additions into the most recent EP's BHAVs.

Does any of that make sense, or has it gone over your head? It helps to have an idea of how much modding experience you have.

Also, this would be the better link to post: http://moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/i...hp?topic=1303.0 - hotlinking to a file is considered fairly rude, and it's also not as useful to anyone who's reading this thread, since they'll want information about the mod just as much as they want the file itself.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Nov 2016 at 7:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
Well, the issue will be that the BHAVs in the mod are based on the pre-OfB versions of those BHAVs, so they're missing things that are required for the interactions to work in OfB+.

Essentially, there are two possible ways to fix it: either compare CBOY's BHAVs to the equivalent EA BHAVs from the most recent EP you have, and copy over the EP changes and additions to CBOY's BHAVs; or, figure out which bits of CBOY's BHAVs are actually implementing the slobbiness, and copy those changes and additions into the most recent EP's BHAVs.

Does any of that make sense, or has it gone over your head? It helps to have an idea of how much modding experience you have.

Also, this would be the better link to post: http://moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/i...hp?topic=1303.0 - hotlinking to a file is considered fairly rude, and it's also not as useful to anyone who's reading this thread, since they'll want information about the mod just as much as they want the file itself.

Thank you .

Most of that just went over my head, TBH :P. I'd ask someone to help do it for me, but I can't really pay them, considering I have no money... and I'm 13.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 13th Nov 2016 at 11:18 AM
This mod works in M&G. The mod in this version only prevents sloppy sims from taking out the trash, from mopping up puddles and from cleaning the table and washing the dishes as the included RTFM-file says.
BTW it changes 3 Guardian BHAV.s which mostly uses primitives and calls to globals. The few semiglobals the mod calls are unchanged since NL.