Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#26 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 10:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Claeric
Yes. It's going to do it again until you fix the problem. Doing it over and over again does not change a single thing. And therefore, the outcome will be the same.

LOL.............
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#27 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 10:49 AM
Thank god for early adopters and the interwebz!
Reading that impressive list earlier, I thought that EA finally did something right and listened and offered the new tools to players not buying the EP. Well, true to form, EA being EA, the new features and bug fixes need fixing. That list has been taken off on the official patch page. So, we have this early version and can compare to the new(er) patch to fix the 1.5/1.6 patch, later on.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#28 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 11:00 AM
Roofs still cut through walls, unless I misunderstood the item about that being fixed.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
#29 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 11:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aeval99
I'll take whatever they have broken this time, just for this feature.

A very annoying thing, if two sims are tending the garden they jump around a lot even if the plants are in rows. If they by chance are accessing the same plant the second one drop the tend plants task and do something else like playing with the sprinklers even if it’s lots of plants to tend.
The other one
#30 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 12:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
What does this mean, anyway? How do you make a wall steep?

They can only mean a wall of 'earth' and not a structural wall. People use this technique to create waterfalls for landscaping...or at least they did http://videotutorials.thesimsupply.com/episode4/

Quote:
Stairs, fences, and gates can now be customized with textures, as well as being saved and shared with others

Am I reading correctly? We can recolour stairs now? I didn't think we'd ever get that but if we can this is gonna be the single best thing about this patch for me :D

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
#31 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 12:27 PM
Yes I have tested the patch, and stairs are recolourable. Most fences are also, but there were some which were not. (this doesn't include custom fences which I removed anyway before patching).

The roofs still cuts the walls, unless I have misunderstood something.

The basement tool would be more correctly called a cellar tool. You can't do anything like walk-out sunken gardens, or open up the floor above it - the ground is cut by stairs and that is the only opening you can make between the cellar and the rest of the house. It will be useful for some purposes but won't replace the current method of making basements.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Scholar
#32 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 12:48 PM
Yes I have tested the patch, and stairs are recolourable. Most fences are also, but there were some which were not. (this doesn't include custom fences which I removed anyway before patching).

Actually, they didn't made the current stairs recolorable, but added new ones under the same name and hid the old ones. Stairs in old lots will still not be recolorable, and if you use the "drop" tool, you can still clone the old stairs and build new non-recolorable ones.

Quote:
The roofs still cuts the walls, unless I have misunderstood something.

Right. Maybe they fixed some cases where it did cut walls, when it shouldn't. Of course it still cut walls, when you for example build a room on a roof.

Quote:
The basement tool would be more correctly called a cellar tool. You can't do anything like walk-out sunken gardens, or open up the floor above it - the ground is cut by stairs and that is the only opening you can make between the cellar and the rest of the house. It will be useful for some purposes but won't replace the current method of making basements.

I noticed that, too.

And I just discovered a new bug: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyZaA8q2XYM (sorry for the crappy video)

For some strange reason, my Sim can't use this stairs leading from the basement to the ground floor (build completely without cheats). But when I build a wall in front of the stairs, which is possible by some strange reason, it works, although the Sim then can't go down anymore (which worked previously).
#33 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 1:04 PM
I went to the video link, but I am not sure that's the one dealing with cellar stairs?

Scholar
#34 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 1:21 PM Last edited by jonha : 17th Nov 2009 at 1:33 PM.
I went to the video link, but I am not sure that's the one dealing with cellar stairs?

If it's titled "Pathfinding Bug" it is.

Just build a lot like this, and you will notice.

Edit: Or just download the attached lot (build completely without cheats)
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Sims3 bug.zip (361.2 KB, 9 downloads) - View custom content
Description: Buggy lot
Instructor
#35 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 1:30 PM
Do I need to dl all 20 something parts?
Theorist
#36 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 1:33 PM
They didnt squash the autonomous playing with sprinklers?
How we supposed to have gardener sims then EA?

And error 12? You did fix that, didn't you......

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Instructor
#37 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 1:42 PM
Wow, thats some list! I like how we are going to have more child to toddler interactions.

^_^
Instructor
#38 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 1:59 PM
Many interesting changes!!!!
Especially, "you can change the music in stereo!)

I will wait until Awesome mod update the newest patch.
Anyway, TWALLAN mod already updated with 1.6.6 patch!(My godddd, he's so fast! EA should hire him in customer department.)
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 2:02 PM
Just installed the patch, and everything from all my Sims' inventories disappeared. Goodbye, Collection Finder... Goodbye, 125 Life Fruit...

But the gardening thing is great. Finally, my Sims won't go off and do other things when they are tending the garden. This is especially useful when I have the entire family gardening.
Forum Resident
#40 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 2:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
And error 12? You did fix that, didn't you......

I wouldn't dream of it...
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 2:39 PM
The patch loaded ok for me, I left all my cc in except for hacks and game mods. Seems to take ages to load a lot now suppose it could be the cc I left in. However on a brighter note, I have tried a few games mods a bit at a time, I know most won't work without updating, however three that still work are non-mosaic, Delphy's breast slider and Johna's sliders for various body parts. And although I knew this wouldn't work thought I'd check anyway, same sex pregnacy doesn't work it leaves you with only one social interaction - mean. I did recolour some stairs and fences but not tested all yet.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 2:54 PM
"Placing pillars near steep walls will no longer turn those walls to water."

If this means I can no longer make waterfalls... I'll not be happy!!!!
Instructor
#43 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 3:18 PM
Is this patch for World Adventures, or should base game players install it as well?
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 3:33 PM
andru - you don't need WA to install this
Instructor
#45 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 3:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jonha
... I just discovered a new bug: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyZaA8q2XYM (sorry for the crappy video)

For some strange reason, my Sim can't use this stairs leading from the basement to the ground floor (build completely without cheats). But when I build a wall in front of the stairs, which is possible by some strange reason, it works, although the Sim then can't go down anymore (which worked previously).

Are you expected to put a wall at the top of the stairs with a door or arch in it?
This would make sense for "cellar doors" (or hidden tomb doors which I assume is what EA was aiming for.)

Not buying TS4 until Terrain Sculpting is back and cheatless Split Levels are added!
Here's an idea: Stairs Pitch Slider.
"...We've always been at war with EAstasia."
Scholar
#46 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 4:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anshin Lanugo
Are you expected to put a wall at the top of the stairs with a door or arch in it?
This would make sense for "cellar doors" (or hidden tomb doors which I assume is what EA was aiming for.)

No, you can't build a door or arch in the wall. If you do with moveobjects, it will still block sims from going downstairs.
#47 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 4:26 PM
So what's this? With a wall they can't go downstairs, while without a wall they can't come upstairs?

Forum Resident
#48 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 4:36 PM
I tried to recreate the problem on a different lot (house that came with the base game) you had jonha, but I couldn't.

I'm going to download the lot you attached and see if I have the same problem as you did on it.

ETA: I downloaded the lot you attached jonha, had a sim go into the basement and then come back up to the ground floor, no problem. That is really odd.
Scholar
#49 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 4:52 PM
So what's this? With a wall they can't go downstairs, while without a wall they can't come upstairs?

Exactly. Although, with a wall downstairs, they get a route failure, and without a wall upstairs, they turn around on the stairs.

Quote: Originally posted by gobot101
ETA: I downloaded the lot you attached jonha, had a sim go into the basement and then come back up to the ground floor, no problem. That is really odd.

Strange. I did a new clean install of Sims3 to have a separate installation without this patch, and I only installed rather safe mods like my CAS sliders, nomosaic, some texture replacements, some clothing etc. No core mod and nothing that should affect stairs. Hmm... Anyway, I will try without mods now...
Forum Resident
#50 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 4:56 PM
Yeah, trying without mods might be a good idea. I tired it with a clean install, brand new save file, and no CC other than store stuff.
Page 2 of 6