Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Apr 2015 at 4:24 PM Last edited by WingedCat : 3rd May 2015 at 4:07 PM. Reason: giving more detail/putting in paragraphs

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Just installed LN, game keeps crashing?
So I just installed Late Night, and in case your wondering, I got it from Walmart. It was from the US website, and so I had to get it there because I couldn't find it on the Canada website, and so it was a digital code thing. It asked me to give a Postal Code, I gave my grandparent's who live in the US, with our e-mail.
And after 2 days I got the digital code (only because we called Walmart and complained because it was supposed to take a few hours) and I installed it, but the installation was a bit different because even when I got Ambitions, which I got online, it had the normal installation, as if you put a disc in, except the LN was downloading it by Origin. No other things came up in the downloading.
Then, when it finished and I wanted to play my game the next day, I started it up, and chose Bridgeport.
Then I went into edit town to delete the bars and turn Waylon's Haunt into a rebel hangout. So I turned the lobby of Eugi's into a laundromat and deleted the elevator, fumbled with the Bridgeport Sports Zone, but ended up bulldozing the lot, and then got to Waylon's Haunt.
I deleted the bar area and put a couch and tv and video game system in, but then wanted to add something else, from the hobbies section, and found this teddy bear item which when I clicked on, my game crashed.
That started it. I did it again, bulldozing the bars and working on Waylon's Haunt, and then I opened up bookshelves... it crashed.
This happened many times, and eventually I got it done.
Then I saved my game and went to work creating two sims, a vampire, Cassandra, and her sister, unknown name. Then I gave them a dog. I moved them into an expensive apartment and started decorating. I went as far as giving them a bed and altar, all LN instruments, and was going to add a bookshelf... crash. I was upset as it took a while to make those sims, and when my game started up again, I found them in the bin, and moved them back. Then I realized that Cassandra didn't have her pale skin, and when I clicked on her sister there weren't any of those vampire options. Her favorite food hadn't changed, and maybe it's because she's a vegetarian? I went to decorating again, clicked that stupid bear to see what it was anyways... crash.
I gave up on that, and started deleting a whole ton of my mods and CC (I also deleted that bear. No, it wasn't Dexter.) I'm down to 280 mods/CC, and if you think that's a lot, before I got LN my game supported over 300! But, somehow that made it worse... when I start my game, (I have it in a window and don't use the launcher), the window goes black, and sometimes it makes it past that, other times it says it's not responding and all I can do is close it. Other times, it makes it to less than halfway of the loading screen... crash. That's as far as it's gone. I used to have a custom loading screen but not anymore. If anybody could help me I'd be so grateful!
EDIT: Also, how do you try to do it without mods, because I don't want to lose my mods but might have to try it!
EDIT: I removed my mods/CC, only am afraid to start it, for fear of losing sims or them becoming ugly because of the CC I used on them
EDIT: I have a separate folder for my mods and CC now, where I store them when doing these little tests. I currently have 293 items (I couldn't help myself! I needed a lighting mod, then found something to remove zombies, and so vampire's skin is normal... sorry!!! )

scooby dooby don't
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd May 2015 at 4:02 PM
oh sorry. I'll edit it.

scooby dooby don't
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th May 2015 at 3:39 AM
ok I will try that this weekend, once my parents allow me to get on Sims 3
thx!