Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Apr 2015 at 1:07 AM Last edited by Manaika : 30th Apr 2015 at 1:24 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default sims won't move in properly after buydebug
Yay, I am back!

I am probably stupid, but it's like this edit lots and towns thing is my worst enemy.

I recently expanded an apartment (lot 42x42, crescent bay study 1b, Bridgeport), did the whole buydebug, hidden room/public room thing. It had worked one time without any problems so I didn't expect any trouble. But. First thing was, that when I click "go home" my sims went to the toilet. That was their home. I tried editing the lot again, while they were on it, removed all public markers that didn't belong (in my opinion which may be wrong, because I ain't that experienced in buydebug mode) and the result was, that "go home" causes them now to go down with the elevator to the foyer, where the bells and mailboxes are. I moved them out. Edited the lot again. Placed about ten public room markers in their apartment. And then I noticed that the grid that usually shows up in build mode doesn't show up anymore, except for that blasted bathrooom and the above level. Moved them back in. Home is where the mailboxes are. Something went wrong. I have no idea what. My grid partially disappeared. I have no idea how to put it back on. I may have edited the lot in build mode while the sims were on it, but this had never been a problem with minor changes. So right now I'm very confused and have no idea what to do? I mean, they can use the apartment. It's not a big tragedy. It just irks me that they don't accept it as their home and preferably, I'd like to fix that. I am not very well versed with the debug mode yet, so chances are I messed something up without knowing.

Anyone any idea what I can do to fix this?

P.S.: Also, I put this into "build mode", though I wasn't sure if it doesn't rather belong to "glitch/bug". Forgive me if that's wrong and pelase correct it, thank you.

Edit: Okay, so the grid is back on after I removed the truckload of markers, but the sims still won't move in properly, no matter how many times I remove them. They just go to the mailboxes and that they consider being home. T_T
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Apr 2015 at 1:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
might be more helpful if you've included some screenshots.

I'd like to help you but it is difficult because I can't be sure what you are doing from your writing. I've made several apartments, in fact it is one of my favorite type of lots. I'll just give you a few steps in what I did.

1) Use residential, not apartment lot type
2) public markers only go to places you want other sims to share: hallways, apartment lobby. (becareful, since the last EP, there are 2 types of public marker. Only 1 of them work, the original one. I have no idea what the new one does but it doesn't do anything as far as I can tell)
3) Hidden markers to hide areas such as behind NPC doors.
4) There should absolutely be no markers inside your resident apartment unit (unless you want hidden markers to hide some parts).

That's all about it.

I told you I was dumb xD I was basically following this guide here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/283202.page to modify my apartment. I did it the first time around correct, but this time confused the marker thing. Thought I did it right. Yeah, figures. Mark something as a public room when it's supposed to belong to the sims. Thank you for the help!