Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd May 2015 at 8:57 PM Last edited by Skae2.0 : 5th May 2015 at 12:56 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Game keeps crashing when diving
The problem is that my Sim can dive for the first time now, so I tried it and it always makes my game crash at some point. I entered the game felt 500 times and when it does varies, but it always does. She's talking to the mermaid I met there, swimming around a little, one time she even made it until she needed to get back to the surface and also did, but at some point it crashes for apparently no reason.

I know that Isla Paradiso is causing a lot of problems, and that this game is basically too much for my computer anyway.

But what confuses me is that I always notice when it's that (you hear the computer working really hard, the game freezes or is lagging, ...) and it absolutely seems to have no problem here. It always took ages to play this on my laptop, but it did work. Never crashes. I even had all the graphics settings as high as I can sometimes, which made everything terribly slow, but it worked.
Now I still figured it was that and did about everything you can.

- The usual suspects (cache files, taking CC out)
- Got the Patch Downloader and made sure everything's up-to-date
- Put all the graphics settings as low as I can
- Defragmenting/scanning/optimizing my computer in every possible way
- Downloaded Game Booster which reported to me it closed enough unnecessary things to give me 50% more RAM
- Found out my computer got 4GB RAM/64bit system and used the 4GB Patch to have the game actually use all of it

The outcome was that all of a sudden the game ran perfectly smoothly and had no problems at all anymore. I clicked around as fast as I can, moved the camera, put the settings back up and everything else that usually made my laptop melt chocolate next to it and it was fine with it. Which is nice. But still it crashed then without any warning.
(Sorry this is so long, but whenever I have issues with Sims 3, the first half of the discussion is defending my crappy computer, and I swear the thing is fine with it this time. ._.)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th May 2015 at 6:11 PM
Yep, my OS is 64GB.
I patched TS3W.exe and the launcher with the 4GBPatch, but idk what LAA means. It said where the 4GB patch was recommended for Sims 3 that I should do that because it's an older game and will only use 2GB of the 4 available anyway.
But that means the patches for the game already took care of the 2GB thing, right? (Would make sense since at some point they'd be stupid not to think of that...)

The error kinda solved itself. I have no clue why, but when starting this time she was suddenly on the shore instead of in the water where I saved and it didn't crash again. I'll try diving again soon and if it crashes again then, I'ma post the deviceconfig and try what you said there.

For now it's fine, though, so I'll get back to seeing what it was some time later. Otherwise I swear I burn the game and bang my head on the desk and never play again. Lol.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th May 2015 at 12:55 AM
It seriously fixed itself. I don't know how or why. Whatever it was. Maybe it got bored. o_O
Diving works fine. No crashing anymore for no reason.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th May 2015 at 1:09 PM
I never typed anything, I just let the patch thingy do what it does. Can I ignore that or do I need to restore the .exe's as they were?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th May 2015 at 6:09 PM
OK thanks