Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 6:58 PM Last edited by happycigarettes : 7th Dec 2018 at 2:51 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life
Default [FIXED] Routing(?) Issue appeared on lot out of nowhere
I've been playing my family on the same lot for about 100 sim days now (she's a fairy, they live for like. Forever) and everything was a-okay until I booted the game up today. Now my sims will... use objects/perform actions whilst standing several rooms away and just randomly teleport around the lot? There's no hand-waving "I can't get there" they just do whatever they were going to from... wherever they were standing.

No new CC added. No new mods added. No changes made to the lot for... lord... 50? Sim days?

Bulldozing and re-placing didn't do anything. ResetSim * didn't fix it either.

Fig 1: my Sim 'using' the sculpting station from the middle of the halll. Fig 2: the actual location of the sculpting station.
Fig 3: Michi showering in mid-air

https://66.media.tumblr.com/f4d4517...geqqo1_1280.jpg
https://66.media.tumblr.com/3c1640b...geqqo2_1280.jpg
https://66.media.tumblr.com/9a73b25...qo3_r1_1280.jpg

If i use 'go here' before doing an action, the sims will walk to the right place. Otherwise they just perform the action from... wherever. So there's nothing stopping them actually getting there.

Mods currently installed (and up-to-date. As I said nothing about this lot has changed at all for a really long time): Overwatch, ErrorTrap, GoHere, Woohooer, Decensor

Anybody know... why this would happen out of nowhere? Like it's not game-breaking they can still do and use everything it's just... weird and offputting.

Edited to add: ran without CC so all the objects got replaced, issue persists. So not a rogue suddenly corrupt piece of CC
Advertisement
Alchemist
#3 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 9:59 PM
Have you moved/picked up any sims with moveobjects enabled? That can be a cause for sims floating in-between floors or sinking into the floor below when using certain objects. In this case, resetting the lot with Master Controller often does the trick (I'm recommending MC since sometimes resetsim hasn't made the issue go away).

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 11:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
NRAAS MC --> town option --> item stats --> global --> delete all "social jigs"

NRAAS MC --> household option --> item stats --> choose this lot --> local --> delete all "jigs" and "place holders"

I downloaded MC but I can't see 'item stats' on either the town or household options? Am I going blind?

@SweetDevil: No, I haven't moved any sims with MOO. I reset the lot with MC but that didn't fix it.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 12:04 AM
(whispers from offstage) It's MC Cheats that is required.

I would also suggest an MC Reset of the entire lot when finished.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 12:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
(whispers from offstage) It's MC Cheats that is required.

I would also suggest an MC Reset of the entire lot when finished.

Oop! well good to know my vision is still functional at least

I already did an MC Reset of the lot (to no avail). Should I do it again afterward?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 12:46 AM
I think I'm still doing something wrong in MC. I went through town -> object stats -> global but there are NO social jigs. In household -> lot -> object stats -> local there are NO jigs or placeholders of any kind.

Reset the lot again and still no dice.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 1:22 AM Last edited by happycigarettes : 29th Nov 2018 at 1:35 AM.
sorry, um, i misread your op, i thought you have some routing issue.

Can you verify this happens to all sims? If you put in a brand new sim, does it still do this?

If it doesn't, this looks more like a busted sim issue. Though resetting the lot via MC should reset the sims too, but you can try resetting the sim in MC again. The MC reset is stronger than the reset cheat.

MC --> sims --> advanced --> reset sim.

And if that still doesn't fix it ... hmm try using "testingcheatsenabled on" and shift+leftclick the ground to "teleport" your sim there. See if that fixes it.

I thought it was, maybe, a routing issue. Like I said they have no problem getting to the right place if I send them there with 'gohere' first (don't need to teleport, although I can) but as it is they'll just perform their actions from wherever they were standing 50% of the time. Nothing has changed in my game since yesterday when it was totally fine.

Here is Michi watering the garden from inside the hallway. Sim-yesterday, she actually walked outside to do it, but this morning the hallway is apparently the optimal place

And yes, it happens to every sim. I moved in one from the bin and it happened to them too. Also happens to the maid, who washes the dishes in the kitchen... from the garage.

As I stated a few posts back, I haven't moved them with MOO at all. It wasn't happening last night when I saved, and today it is

Edited to add: did MC reset sim on both sims and also the maid. Nothing. Still happening.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 1:40 AM
Also, the version of the lot which is saved to the bin is a MUCH older version from way way way before this happened (as in, not a copy I saved today). Earlier I tried bulldozing the lot and re-placing it with the older saved version and... the problem persists.

So in short:

Replace with older pre-glitch version of lot: no dice
ResetSim *: nada
MC Reset of household sims: nope
MC Reset lot: nuh-uh
Leftover jigs or placeholders present: none to delete!

Happens to all sims even non-household: yes

Sims do not get stuck anywhere, simply perform the action from wherever they are standing, on apparently a coin-flip basis.

Sims consistently float in the ceiling when doing things on upper floors, appearing to be on both floors at once. Except when they decide to actually walk up the stairs. Then they're fine.

I can manually make them walk everywhere first and then everything is fine.

None of them have ever been moved with MOO.

Edited to add: I took them to Egypt and neither of them have this problem out there. Only on the home lot. Which would suggest it's the lot. Except the older version of the lot that I know to not be bugged because it's from like 50 sim days ago... also now does not work and has this weirdo problem. Which would imply it's the sims, except... etc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 2:22 AM
would you mind uploading the lot to a mediafire or some share account?

Just save it to the lot bin, goto the library folder, sort by date and time. it is the latest one. upload that file and i can take a look to see if it is borked in my game as well.

Sure thing! Here's one saved just now (I'm about to try it in a fresh world myself). I assume any CC will be bundled in the .package? Also the sims are in it, but you can evict them if you like

https://www.mediafire.com/file/pa7x...70.package/file

If I can work out which library file is the older version of the lot (the wasn't-borked-at-the-time version) I'll put that up too

ETA: lot originally constructed in Moonlight Falls. Size 40x40
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 2:31 AM
Ok now that it's finally finished processing here's a hell of a thing...

The newly saved version (ie the apparently 'borked') version of the lot and household works absolutely fine (so far) in a fresh copy of Moonlight Falls. Which suggests a problem with... the world? The save? I don't know (yes, I am using EllaCharmed's fixed version) which leaves me with a couple of questions

1) what the hell? what HAPPENED here

2) my sims are extensive adventurers and I don't want to like. 'Lose' the state of the foreign worlds since they'll all be re-generated now. If I move the WA files from the old save to this one (transferring the .nhd and.db files for China/Egypt/France/University to the new folder), will they be preserved or will that mess up eeeeeeeeeeeeeverything.

3) If it will mess up eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeverything do I have any options for preserving the original save and getting rid of this glitch?

My sims have no family and I can just generate new friends, so the only thing I care about is preserving the state of the extensive adventuring and degree-getting.

Additional: is there a setting in MC or anything else to alter the salary of a sim? Both of mine were on about double the regular salary through payrises and degree bonuses, and now of course it's back to the starting level.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 5:32 PM
So as you probably already expected, the lot ran fine on my system.

Since I cannot duplicate the problem, I really don't know what's up. It seems to be one of those random glitches that occurs. The footprint of that lot may be damaged.

1) Try putting the lot on a different 40x40 lot in the same world. See if that solves your problem.

2) If necessary, yes you can start a new one and move the NHD of the previous games travel worlds over. I do that all the time.

Sorry 'bout the delay, I had to go use the sleep (I'm in the UK so comparatively I'm from the fuuuuuture). Unfortunately it doesn't seem to want to work either on a different 40x40 or that 40x40-but-fully-deleted-and-replaced so probably an issue with the save file itself? The Sims 3's capacity to break itself during the save process truly never ceases to amaze.

I've got them on a new world, chucked the .NHDs over, and found an option in DebugEnabler to trigger payrises so I can (slowly, eventually) get them up to the right pay grade again.

Not sure why, but saving to the bin and then putting them back in has reset Michi the fairy back to the start of YA life stage? Me-the-witch is still the right age. So that's super weird. Fairies live long enough as it is, she doesn't need another 121 days. Can you age them up with the birthday cake that far in advance do you know? Or does it only work within a few days. I know there's "trigger age transition" in testingcheats but I was going to hold an actual party.

Quote:
Things like this does occasionally happen, that's why it is best to save multiple save files. I just had to kill 87 service sims in Egypt b/c they were all borked. I cannot fix them no matter what I tried, so I executed them.

I'm pretty sure that qualifies as mass murder, Nitro

(thanks for all your help!)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 7:52 PM
Everything can be done in NRAAS MC.

Sims --> advanced --> age (there are 2 options, they both are great)

Oh, I know there are cheats and ways around it to force age but I specifically want to use the birthday cake for photos
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 7:58 PM
No I meant, MC can actually set the "actual" age within the lifestage back to what it originally was.

Holy **** that's amazing

Thanks!