Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Dec 2014 at 2:45 AM
Default Sims 3 No Supported Graphics Card Detected
I have read several threads on how to resolve similar issues, and am still empty handed.
My game use to run fine with all the current hardware, all drivers are correct, just one day the game decided to stop. I am so lost!
I have checked deviceconfig.log and nothing is there, it opens completely blank. I deleted all doc/ea/sims 3 files and started launcher, game replaced files log still empty.
I checked game/bin graphicscards.sgr and graphicsrules.sgr and everything that other threads said should be there are there and correct. So? no clue where to go from here. I even uninstalled sims university expansion and re installed hoping to resolve issue, should i do this with all the expansions and base game? What sucks is they are all through orgin and i don't want to re download all.
I also tried rolling back my computer to previous saved backup, still no change. Also another issue to add to this is when in the game launcher and you hit play the launcher states it crashes.
About computer:
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.140303-2144)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: p7-1054
BIOS: BIOS Date: 03/22/11 14:31:33 Ver: 6.06
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 645 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.1GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 6144MB RAM
Card name: ASUS HD7770 Series
Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x683D)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_683D&SUBSYS_04291043&REV_00
Display Memory: 3820 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1005 MB
Shared Memory: 2815 MB
Current Mode: 1280 x 720 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 3rd Dec 2014 at 6:38 AM Last edited by bholl : 3rd Dec 2014 at 7:09 AM.
Anybody?

I removed sim and all epansions today, re-installed just sims 3 base game, updated to current update, still have same issue.

Update: Apparently its the 22 inch monitor at fault..... The driver was updated, but something happened and now i can't find the driver, so it works with my old monitor hooked up..
Scholar
#3 Old 3rd Dec 2014 at 9:54 AM
Which graphics card do you have?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Dec 2014 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ajaxsirius
Which graphics card do you have?

ASUS HD7770 Series

I Now have it working full screen mode with my small monitor (Dell 19")
However, my CTL 220UW (22") will not load the correct driver, states Generic PNP monitor. I believe the Monitor is the culprit, and i cannot find a correct driver for it. I don't understand why it worked before and not now. Losing 3 inches of monitor is allot!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Dec 2014 at 9:26 PM
It also works with my 32" flat screen TV on HDMI, So maybe i'll just use that from now on Seems a little over kill tho!
Scholar
#6 Old 4th Dec 2014 at 3:50 AM
The only thing I find hard with using TVs as monitors is finding a comfortable place to put they keyboard & mouse...

Are you using the HD 7770 drivers directly from AMD?