Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Emotional Deaths

by thril1 Posted 5th Nov 2018 at 12:29 PM - Updated 9th Jan 2022 at 4:19 PM by thril1

45 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 3 Feedback Posts, 41 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#26 Old 3rd Jan 2019 at 6:03 PM
Much appreciated, and also appreciate the DIY instructions should this become abandoned. Like some, I only use this right now for Hysterical as it's the only one that's boosted by Happy. Like you said, other bad moods can stack up, but it's still a lot more difficult to hit the fatal level suddenly from any of the others unlike Hysterical (which can suddenly shoot up if another positive moodlet like Confident or Inspired expires and a +2/3 Playful one suddenly goes to the top--it's quite possible to go suddenly from say Very Happy to Hysterical). Besides, dying from extreme bad moods just makes more sense to me.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#27 Old 15th Jan 2019 at 1:33 AM
The DIY instructions are cool and all, but could someone who already updated theirs for the new patches please post them for others? >.< It'd be much appreciated by those who don't have the time to try and learn how to mod or are just too busy. Honestly looking at the list of instructions just made my head spin x.x I have too much complicated IRL stuff going on to try and take the time for all that and just want some time to escape into Sims, or other games, during my down time.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#28 Old 28th Feb 2019 at 5:20 PM
If you're using MCCC mod, you can disable Emotional Deaths. Open the MCCC menu on the computer -> MC Tuner -> Change Interaction Behavior -> Allow Emotional Deaths
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#29 Old 28th Jan 2020 at 6:56 AM
UPDATED for game version 1.60.54.1020 / Mac: 1.60.54.1220 as requested.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#30 Old 29th Jan 2020 at 11:31 PM
Can you remove death from Servos?? When their durability stays low for too long they die, and aren't repairable for some reason.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 15th Mar 2020 at 11:00 AM
I almost completely stopped playing The Sims 4 because of the emotional deaths. Thank you for modding out such a ridiculous and unnecessarily game breaking part of the system. I cannot express how important this is and how thankful I am!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 22nd Mar 2020 at 1:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AncientRome
If you're using MCCC mod, you can disable Emotional Deaths. Open the MCCC menu on the computer -> MC Tuner -> Change Interaction Behavior -> Allow Emotional Deaths

That one does not work for me. My sim has died from overworking 2 times already...
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#33 Old 18th Apr 2020 at 3:34 PM
after a long time I finally broke ... after the only death in my game is that of hysteria... and it's always my sims toddlers fault... killing their parent or well smoking with basemental, Thank you for this.. lol I'm sure my sim also thanks you for this as well. The poor boy is constantly losing and reviving partners to laughter.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#34 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 11:32 AM
Many thanks - I have an enraged actor for whom I am very fearful!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 18th Jul 2020 at 4:13 PM
do these still work?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 24th Aug 2020 at 9:30 PM
THANK YOUUUUUUU!!!! So last night I finally decided to come off a Sims 4 hiatus after a few months, (playing TS2UC/TS3) and for the first time since buying the game in 2015 i'm doing a legacy gameplay of my real-life family. Not even 5 minutes after the Welcome Wagon leaves and my MOM DIES OF LAUGHTER! WTF!! NOT MY MOMMA!! SHE WASN'T EVEN LAUGHING!!??? I exited to the main menu so fast idc HOW MUCH progress I lost lmao. Fingers crossed that this still works, T.I.A.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#37 Old 6th Nov 2020 at 3:59 PM Last edited by MividaLak : 13th Nov 2020 at 1:15 PM.
Tested with Snowy Escape...doesn't seem to work anymore.
I followed the tutorial to update the mod myself but it didn't work, my sim still died when hysterical.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 14th Nov 2020 at 9:30 AM
Updated the Hysterical Death mod for the Snowy Escape patch. Tested in game and it seems to work just fine. =)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#39 Old 9th Dec 2020 at 6:32 AM
Thank you @amkitakk!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#40 Old 1st Feb 2021 at 7:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AmkiTakk
Updated the Hysterical Death mod for the Snowy Escape patch. Tested in game and it seems to work just fine. =)

Thank you for the update AmkiTakk.
Will post!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#41 Old 1st Feb 2021 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ReeceBar
Can you remove death from Servos?? When their durability stays low for too long they die, and aren't repairable for some reason.

Added No Servo Durability Death Mod.
Was away for awhile.
Hope this Helps!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 3rd Apr 2021 at 7:34 PM
Thank you so much for the update!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#43 Old 24th Apr 2021 at 4:50 AM
Thanks for the update! I like being able to disable the others while still keeping the enraged death.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#44 Old 9th Jan 2022 at 2:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bl259
Thanks for the update! I like being able to disable the others while still keeping the enraged death.

You are Welcome.
Test Subject
#45 Old 30th May 2022 at 6:45 PM
Does not work anymore. I had a sim die from Hysterical today. There are similar mods out there that I will try.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 2nd Feb 2023 at 2:14 AM
All I Have Ever Wanted Is To Turn Off Hysterical Deaths!! Tysm For This Im Sorry For The All Caps Im Just So Excited!
Page 2 of 2