Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Sep 2011 at 9:42 AM
Default Neutral Bumpmaps- How to?
Okay, I know I've already posted in the forums fairly recently about things that have been half clarified for me, but I'm having some trouble... Again.

I need to make neutral bumpmaps for some meshes so belly-buttons and t-shirt necks don't show up on my clothes. I was told I could either change a key value on the mesh in Milkshape, which I did, but then I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to put it back into CTU. Did I have to replace the bumpmap for the entire mesh, or just the clothes I made? And how would I do that?

Another suggestion was to just include a neutral bumpmap using CTU, which I would prefer to do, but I couldn't figure out how to do that either. If someone could give me a detailed explanation of how to do this, I'd be very thankful. I've googled and wikied how to do this for a very long time, but I still haven't found a solution. Please help.
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th Sep 2011 at 9:47 AM
I'm pretty sure CTU, like DABOOBS, lets you enter a key for a file from the game. For a neutral bump map, use:

key:00B2D882:00000000:75AECFABC8FE9704

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Sep 2011 at 9:58 AM
Where do I put the key? I've tried putting it under everything that isn't the mask or base texture and nothing changes. I've also gone to the mesh tab and put the key there under bumpmap, and that didn't seem to do anything either.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 30th Sep 2011 at 4:02 PM
Extract the meshes, change the mesh name and Commit, then reimport the meshes without any edits (unless you want to edit them, of course) and add your neutral bumpmap using the Browse button at the same time, Commit again, Save, and reopen the file. Unfortunately, you can't input keys for the bumpmap in CTU, only browse to actual DDS files.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Sockpuppet
#5 Old 30th Sep 2011 at 5:10 PM
The 2nd way is to change the TGI reference in the mesh to a neutral normalmap.
When working on the mesh in Milkshape click the comments and replace the first TGI link into:
00B2D882:00000000:972952e0d3631f66

Keep in mind you have to do this for all Lods(all detail)