Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 10th Jul 2005 at 2:35 PM
I am not sure if any body has posted this already as I have not read all the replies but anim8or does support .obj files. I use anim8or myself.

Just click on where it shows in these pictures (red box around it)
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
#52 Old 10th Jul 2005 at 3:15 PM Last edited by nath042 : 11th Jul 2005 at 8:42 PM.
yes you can export it as a .obj as ive done it with one of the tutorials on this site lol :D
Scholar
#53 Old 10th Jul 2005 at 8:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lethe_s
I work with Blender and had no problems with the obj format.
You can just import it straight into SimPE 0.4 SimPE does turn all quads into triangles, for some reason, so poly count doubles

The Sims2 game can only use triangles, that is why SimPE converts them.
Fluffy
retired moderator
#54 Old 10th Jul 2005 at 9:08 PM
Dr Pixel,
that would be a very good reason indeed
I learn every day
#55 Old 13th Jul 2005 at 8:58 AM
I've got: wings-0.98.31, UVMapper, DDS_Utilities_7.83.0629.1500. For creating sims2 objects, and I don't know how to use any of that.
Please HELP!!!
Test Subject
#56 Old 13th Jul 2005 at 8:14 PM
look in the tutorials section theres a bit about creating objects
Field Researcher
#57 Old 13th Jul 2005 at 8:26 PM
Well, I vote for Milkshape. You can try it for free and then buy it later for like $20. I think it's cheap and so easy to use. I've tried others like Anim8tor, Blender, and Rhino, but trying to figure it out gives me a headache! >_<

Also, you can register for free at Alias and download a free learning edition of Maya. Only, maybe it was my webserver but I wasn't able to download it. So I don't have the details, but I heard somewhere it can be used for the Sims 2. Hope this helps!
Test Subject
#58 Old 15th Jul 2005 at 3:32 AM
Is milkshape suppossed to be difficult to most? My prob with meshing is the whole texturing part,I stink, so I would like some help there....I can make some rock on meshes though...just need a lil help on texturing.
#59 Old 15th Jul 2005 at 4:29 AM
you can get Gmax and get some Maxscripts to inport export obj files... still looking for a export obj... but i know there is one... i hope
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 16th Jul 2005 at 2:18 AM
Try 3DPlus 2.0 from here http://www.freeserifsoftware.com They have some really good free programs there but of course there are way better programs out there that can cost up to $6,000
Test Subject
#61 Old 16th Jul 2005 at 2:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Prumba300
Is milkshape suppossed to be difficult to most? My prob with meshing is the whole texturing part,I stink, so I would like some help there....I can make some rock on meshes though...just need a lil help on texturing.

I think Meshing is sooooooooo hard!! I just can't do it! So i stick to texturing

Look at my website!!!
www.freewebs.com/rockhardsims2/index.htm
Tell me what ya think about it!!!
Here is the temproal site:
www.freewebs.com/candysimslove2/

And go here....http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Samo%20G
Fun game!
Test Subject
#62 Old 1st Oct 2005 at 1:43 PM
So does maya work with object files etc.? It would realy suck if someone went out and bought it but needed to "finish up/convert objects" with a freeware (or even cheap product). I realize it is way over many peoples petty cash limit, so hands on experience will be limited. Can you tell from the trial prg?
Thanks (from someone who has NO idea what is involved in modeling anyway)
kimbamor
Fluffy
retired moderator
#63 Old 1st Oct 2005 at 4:45 PM
kimbamor,
the whole problem of Maya Ple (the trial version)
is that it doesn't export Anything, it's a built-in safety, I guess, to make people buy the full version
but full maya does export a number of different formats, including .obj files, which are needed to make sims 2 meshes
Test Subject
#64 Old 2nd Oct 2005 at 3:50 PM
I creat clothes mesh with wings3d,but showed orginal mesh....
Page 3 of 3