Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 5:27 PM Last edited by zelda101 : 8th Apr 2014 at 4:25 PM.
Default Adding Texture/UV Map from scratch.
I'm not a mesher, and I've just started this. I've been able to clone a column, and I've created a mesh file from that file...

But I'm not sure what to do next, I cloned the colonial column from the game and exported the texture to a .s3asc file to work with.

I'm trying to figure out how to go about the next step. The tutorials I've went through are different from what I'm doing and they don't give to much details about textures and uv maps.

Help would be greatly appreciated!
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  AnchorCrane.zip (6.8 KB, 8 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  TitanicMastsOBJ.zip (9.5 KB, 8 downloads) - View custom content

Come checkout my Project Titanic on Sims 3!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 3rd Apr 2014 at 12:36 PM
Okay, I made the UVs for you cause it would take too long to explain everything. there are a lot of helpful tutorials out for UV making (but not for milkshape hohoo). Idk if I used the best projection, rearranged everything perfect and I couldn't relax the UVs properly cause I got some errors in C4D, maybe cause you made some topology mistakes while meshing

Here is a kind of colormap so you can see what is what with a quick test rendering, the blanc UVs as interlaced png and ofc the finally OBJ file with the the UVmap tag in it.

Everything is in the zip in the attachement. Hope you have fun texturing it Tell me if something isn't working properly.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  AnchorCraneED.zip (230.8 KB, 6 downloads) - View custom content
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Apr 2014 at 7:11 PM
Thanks!

I tried doing the uv maps before but it didn't save. Thanks a bunch!

Come checkout my Project Titanic on Sims 3!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 3rd Apr 2014 at 7:33 PM
No problem, I hope you can work with them :')